MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

weird problem with b/s/t forum
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Announcements - Please read! Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Author weird problem with b/s/t forum
xi-bot
i guess its a mistake
otherwise there should be a announcement with the limits etc.
michenal
infradead wrote:
budz wrote:
So what gives? I can't see any threads discussing this topic. I actually have a FS thread active at the moment and I can't view it d'oh!

So I guess I'm wondering what constitutes a 'relevant post' and how many of them you actually need? Don't positive buyer/seller references in the b/s/t sticky count for anything?

lol to funny

my guess is it looks at post and and words per post or something like that?

which is why i always do this

Schadenfreude (pronounced /ˈʃɑːdənfrɔɪdə/ About this sound Audio (US) (help·info), German pronunciation: [ˈʃaːdənˌfʁɔʏdə]) is pleasure derived from the misfortunes of others.[1] This German word is used as a loanword in English and some other languages, and has been calqued in Danish and Norwegian as skadefryd and Swedish as skadeglädje.

What is the word count to be relevant? This is really beyond ridiculous..

It was actually discussed on the B/S/T forum how one "relevant" poster had never sent modules and a Tr808 to buyers. Citizen Mori was his name..

I guess they are going to prevent these things from happening by implementing such measures. hmmm..... angry

Probably a good trick infradead..

Schadenfreude (pronounced /ˈʃɑːdənfrɔɪdə/ About this sound Audio (US) (help·info), German pronunciation: [ˈʃaːdənˌfʁɔʏdə]) is pleasure derived from the misfortunes of others.[1] This German word is used as a loanword in English and some other languages, and has been calqued in Danish and Norwegian as skadefryd and Swedish as skadeglädje.
michenal
infradead wrote:
can we have an auto ban for WTB threads if you have under 60 posts? hihi

Are you actually banned from the B/S/T forum infradead ? With your post count you must have been highly irrelevant in all your posts hihi
Somatic
quit moaning, you fucking bitches
hednoize
ynth wrote:
The dubious transactions thread is ripe with veteran Wigglers pissing on one another.

How are the old-timers going to finance their (insert boutique synthmaker here) lust now without the new guard buying up all their unwanted shit?

Exactly. I was thinking the same thing.

Muff's as a whole is an invaluable forum, and I don't want to seem overly-critical, but this policy reminds me of the TSA in the US looking for shoe bombers. Looking in the wrong places.

Hopefully this post makes me relevant.
infradead
WTB: Shoe Bombs
AnalogBastard
Somatic wrote:
quit moaning, you fucking bitches

Moaning hmmm..... can't you see meh were building up our relevant post's count Mr. Green
Somatic
fuck sake, if your only reason to be here is to buy ,sell ,trade
and not contribute otherwise ,think on.
wmgaretjax
i want to believe there is some logic to your use of commas... but at the moment I'm a bit perplexed. that and the cat with the ears is creeping me out.
Muff Wiggler
goddamn it you guys are right. There's no winning. "Veteran" wigglers ripping people off. Honest "new guard" members.

People coming here in droves not to participate, just to buy.

There's no way in hell I can balance it so everyone is happy.

1 hour into an experimental code change and look at this thread.

I'm kinda frustrated after struggling with code for ages, getting complaints from people who've contributed massive amounts of info and discussion to this forum, and trying to keep everyone happy.

I'm going to bed soon to sleep on it as I know right now I'm just frustrated and cynical so I apologize. I will probably have a brighter outlook in the morning. But at the moment it looks like this to me:

"What do you want? A community or a marketplace?" Because it seems like we can't have both. very frustrating

Guys, I'm really fucking trying. I'm sorry.
budz
Made many contributions personally, some of them even helpful.. I'm not really complaining until I know the criteria. very frustrating
AnalogBastard
I have contributed $$ out of my pocket to help support this site, sir. But that i guess is irrelavent too.
wmgaretjax
Muff Wiggler wrote:

There's no way in hell I can balance it so everyone is happy.

I think this is inevitable unfortunately... But a bit of a warning next time might help. 8_)

I know I sat there refreshing the page thinking something was wrong for a bit!
Muff Wiggler
AnalogBastard wrote:
I have contributed $$ out of my pocket to help support this site, sir. But that i guess is irrelavent too.

See what I mean? Now people are putting words in my mouth that I never said or never WOULD say.

I love you all, really, but fucking hell. Trying to keep 3000 members happy. Dead Banana

Right now the future looks like no more BST forum and no more donate button. I really REALLY do love you all, I love that you love this forum, I'm grateful for your support. But I don't know what to do. I'm sorry I let you down.

I'm going to bed. Don't sweat it. Fuck it's a code change, I can turn it off. What the fuck.
mckenic
Muff Wiggler wrote:

Im only here a short time but I can say, after looking back at other threads and with the big outage a few months ago - Muff will sort it out! I dont know how he does it but he always seems to make the right choice - so just keep yer powder dry and trust Muff!

Perhaps someone that can view the forum could contact your potential buyers and ask em to PM you?
jarvis
I see what Muff is trying to do, and I can appreciate it. I think the veteran/new guard thing is kind of bullshit really. I do my share of b/s/t posts, but I also contribute what I can on the forums. The reason why the b/s/t is usually really great here is because you "know" (as much as that's possible on the web) the entity you are dealing with. That's not to say shit doesn't go wrong sometime, but I'd rather do business with people who I've participated in good conversations/topics with. It takes time to be part of a community, and posting a bunch of thumbs up and Dead Banana and "cool!" in threads is not being part of a community. I don't think it's about being in a "club" - it's about participating, and pretty much everyone is welcome to do so
Muff Wiggler
Now I'm getting DDOS'ed sad banana Gonna cost me a fortune. Whomever is doing that, nice one. Yay. You're awesome. help
Somatic
wmgaretjax wrote:
i want to believe there is some logic to your use of commas...

I just use them where I see fit,,,sort of like to sprinkle them about a bit,,,
Logic aint no friend of mine,

but at the moment I'm a bit perplexed. that and the cat with the ears is creeping me out.

good, It's motherfucking bacon yo It's motherfucking bacon yo It's motherfucking bacon yo It's motherfucking bacon yo
budz
Muff, we cross-posted earlier. Well, sounds like you've had to deal with some annoying shit, so that's that. I only started this thread because I couldn't work out what was going on, and couldn't find any info about it. It's a shame but I guess there's reasons behind it.
hednoize
Muff Wiggler wrote:

Thank you for hosting this forum and putting your time and effort into it. I understand this is extremely frustrating, and any effort your exert is much appreciated.

Personally, I think the creation of the Dubious Transactions sticky in the B/S/T was a great idea. That, and a huge CAVEAT EMPTOR is probably the only thing you can do. Seems to work for Gearslutz. (Or maybe it doesn't, I have no inside knowledge about the success or failure of the GS Classifieds system).
AnalogBastard
Muff Wiggler wrote:
AnalogBastard wrote:

See what I mean? Now people are putting words in my mouth that I never said or never WOULD say.

I love you all, really, but fucking hell. Trying to keep 3000 members happy. Dead Banana

Right now the future looks like no more BST forum and no more donate button. I really REALLY do love you all, I love that you love this forum, I'm grateful for your support. But I don't know what to do. I'm sorry I let you down.

I'm going to bed. Don't sweat it. Fuck it's a code change, I can turn it off. What the fuck.

FWIW, my post was not in response to you, your post wasn't even up while i was typing, it was meant in response to another above that insuated that people should stop bitching and contribute more to the site.
I'm sorry that i don't post volumes of useful or amusing anecdotes or opinions. You do a nice job with this site, not to worry, I still love it CODE and all hihi
ignatius
Muff Wiggler wrote:
Now I'm getting DDOS'ed sad banana Gonna cost me a fortune. Whomever is doing that, nice one. Yay. You're awesome. help

what is DDOS'ed?

i'll just say that muff.. whatever you decide and however it works out.. you should sleep well at night. this forum rocks.

also, i'm curious about the complaints? what is there to complain about in the BST forum? are people just complaining because it's so active some times?
mckenic
Denial of service by sending squillions of requests to the host machine at the same time (I think).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial-of-service_attack

I think too according to the SAM thingy, some users cant even view the B/S/T... honestly, I'd be fucked without the B/S/T I wouldnt have 1/2 the modules I have but Id prefer having Muffs around without it rather than not having Muffs around at all!
wmgaretjax
The DDOS can't be linked to the BST change... seriously? who would do something like that? Hopefully its just a coincidence.
budz
ignatius - distributed denial of service attack - someone's flooding the server with requests that makes it crap out. It's been down at various points for me tonight so I guess that's what's causing it.

I agree that Muff should definitely not stress about this forum, even as a newish member I can see it's fucking awesome compared to 99.9999% of forums I've been to.

I'm kinda annoyed I even started this thread... I only did it because I couldn't see any info and I thought maybe there was just a database error at first... then I saw the notice at the top and it confused me even more.

edit - fwiw, I just reached 100 posts during the course of this horrible thread and I can see the b/s/t forum now. So unless Muff turned off the code change before he went to bed, that was it I guess.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Announcements - Please read! Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Page 2 of 5