MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ADDAC102 VC FM RADIO are now available!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 [all]
Author ADDAC102 VC FM RADIO are now available!
lfomod
This module looks amazing and I have been wanting to try it for a while now.

I am curious if Andre or anyone might answer this or be up for the challenge:

Would it be possible to make a eurorack module that can transmit FM?! even at a small range of 50-300 ft. That would be awesome to be able to broadcast your euro sounds...
DoctorDoolittle
I got an fm transmit device, looks like a hockey puck with an antenna. Ican route a signal into the puck and receive it with my addac module. When the puck is near the receiver, the signal come es through a few bands, making it possible to send triggers and move back and forth between differing signal degradation.
thebrotherspus
just wondering if there would ever be any chance of an expansion module for the vc fm radio. i'd love to be able to save certain stations into a bank so that i could call them up at any point. i always find a few stations with great textural noise but then end up losing them and it can sometimes be difficult finding them again.
anyway, i just thought it would be cool to be able to save 10 or so stations to memory or something.
j.precursor
just wondering, does the fm radio work outside US and EU ?
VC_Wiggular
j.precursor wrote:

Not sure how this works but I live in London UK and I could only get 2 stations on it, for which I took 20 minutes to find. Sometimes I barely found one. Had to sell sad banana
painlessparker
VC_Wiggular wrote:
j.precursor wrote:

Not sure how this works but I live in London UK and I could only get 2 stations on it, for which I took 20 minutes to find. Sometimes I barely found one. Had to sell sad banana

Anyone else in the UK tried this module and had better results?

Edit: Scratch that, nation isn't likely to be an issue at all… Could it instead be that certain power supplies cause more interference than others? Or the proximity of this module to the power supply?
jenz
I live mine but I have to boost the volume with another module is it normal?
Bumply
great module! What kind of level/volume are you all getting out of yours? Mine is quite low, and I have to apply a lot of gain to match euro levels.
jenz
Same here... Not so loud...
Matos
Yeah. It's quiet as heck. I have to run it into a ssf ptg to use it.
jenz
painlessparker wrote:
VC_Wiggular wrote:
j.precursor wrote:

Anyone else in the UK tried this module and had better results?

Edit: Scratch that, nation isn't likely to be an issue at all… Could it instead be that certain power supplies cause more interference than others? Or the proximity of this module to the power supply?

I live in Canada in the province of Quebec and I pickup a few radio stations... Well enough to have a lot of fun... My unit is close to the power supply...
Got to reset the unit to a couple of times
22tape
About to pull the trigger on one of these. Before I do--

Is it really that quiet?

Are you guys not getting any stations because of weak local radio signals, or is it the module that's not picking them up?

Thanks!
jenz
Getting a lot of stations even in my basement...
Super quiet tho
jenz
The volume knob dosen't do anything and I tried with an offset in the volume cv but no luck... When I use the addac radio I use the tube disto from trogotronic(177) to boost the volume. It adds a nice saturation too!
22tape
Great, thanks for the headsup. I'm interested just in case anyone is looking to unload Guinness ftw!
ClausF
Nice module (as all ADDACs I use), but same experiences than other users here: I find more stations with a cheap transistor radio (with antenna) at the same place. So maybe a bigger antenna would help? This thing must have one, so I would like to make it longer with a wire...maybe that helps
A photo which shows the point where to connect this would help... Andre, maybe you can help?
monads
ClausF wrote:
... Andre, maybe you can help?

Andre??? Kinda would like to pick this up. But the antenna range worries me, plus no AM options waah waah waah
ClausF
Still no answer... cry
But there must be an antenna somewhere... a short answer would be nice
monads
Still no answer...this sucks! What gives seriously, i just don't get it seriously, i just don't get it seriously, i just don't get it
ClausF
Agree. I really like their modules, sometimes not the design (white letters on golden ground is horror, only white on white would be unclearer).

This is a simple question, and if this is for some reason impossible, an explanation would be nice. I use a 5€ transistor Radio from flee market or the Radio Music Player (great!) now, both work better than the 102. Ok, no CV in at the transistor Radio, but what does this help if I have no stations?
I still use a few ADDACs (bought used) which are great, but if I get the same functions from another company I prefer that.... Guinness ftw!
ClausF
So, back into this. Still no answer, wow, that's what I call a service! But if nobody helps you, help yourself! So I decided to take a deeper look into this (as it is) worthless module to bring it to something useful.

Ok, what's inside? Let's see if we can find the antenna. I do not upload photos, because it's pretty simple. This thing is a few PCBs, three black and a little red. The interesting is the little red one. This is connected with the next (black) PCB via a row of pins and a (big) triangle of pins. And if you read how the pins on the black PCB are labeled, you find ANT at one of the triangle pins. Ok, that seems to be the Antenna. Just putting a croco cable to that pin increases the quality of radio reception dramatically, and I get a lot of stations now.

The red PCB btw is the SparkFun FM Tuner Evaluation Board - Si4703. Everything about this is on the web. And so the triangle pins get demystified: At this place normally is a 3,5mm audio jack for earphones. And the earphone cable serves as antenna. That's it, without earphone cable no antenna.

Buenos dias muchachos... Guinness ftw!
Mosiej
would be sick to have an input/output FM trancmitter as well! we're not worthy
Chartreuse-J
Question: Can this do rolling scan?

Edit: Got the answer, and yes it can do a rolling scan with an LFO.
22tape
So many unhappy users, yet nobody wants to sell me theirs?? hihi

PM if you're looking to unload one. Thanks! Guinness ftw!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 [all]
Page 4 of 4