MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Midday Veil - Anthem (video, Experimental TV Center)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Author Midday Veil - Anthem (video, Experimental TV Center)
Mood Organ

Filmed during my residency at the Experimental TV Center last autumn. Additional footage & editing by David Golightly & Emily Pothast.

More info here: http://moodorgan.wordpress.com/2011/05/05/midday-veil-anthem-video/

Lars... we'll be playing Austin (Emo's) with OS OVNI May 16 SlayerBadger!
lizlarsen
Totally incredible work!!! hyper
I need to make it to Austin in a week or two, I'll try to arrange my plans to be there concurrently with your gig.
lizlarsen
Actually I see you're in Denton on the 15th! That venue is my home forever. I'm in Ft Worth now, so I'll probably try to make it to that gig instead. PM me if you want projections, I may be available.
snufkin
amazing vid smile
MrDys
Love it.
barto
excellent. it got a mention on our weeklys blog

http://lineout.thestranger.com/lineout/archives/2011/05/05/kali-power- midday-veils-anthem
numan7
applause Totally awesome & inspiring work, MO!! - would love to see at 1080hd if the video exists at the res...

& will definitely try to come up for your oakland show on 5/20!!

cheers,
n7
daverj
That was awesome!! Great video and a great song.

I was in the PNW in February and probably won't be back for a while so none of your shows are near where I'll be at the time. Too bad. I'd love to see a performance.
Mood Organ
Thanks everybody! Hopefully I'll meet some of you at some of these shows. I'm the guitarist.

There's another, much longer video for a different Midday Veil song. It will come out eventually. Editing that will be a big effort but I think we're getting into it this summer.

daverj wrote:
That was awesome!! Great video and a great song.

I was in the PNW in February and probably won't be back for a while so none of your shows are near where I'll be at the time. Too bad. I'd love to see a performance.

Thank you! The Jones Colorizer was the key component of everything I was doing. I think I also used the keyer. Great stuff, totally inspiring. Anyway, I believe we will make it out to the east coast in August so maybe you'll get to see us then. w00t
kjellb
Care to share the some more of the patch?
daverj
Cool.

I hope to have the modular versions of the genlock, output amp and keyer available by late summer, and the modular version of the Jones Colorizer will be available in the fall.
lizlarsen
Can't wait, Dave!!!

And I know already mentioned once how incredible this video is, but it's worth mentioning again. I am very attracted to video art works that place a subject in the context of a surreal/synthesized landscape, and this does that very effectively, especially with transitions into and out of the different setups. Fantastic.
Mood Organ
daverj wrote:
I hope to have the modular versions of the genlock, output amp and keyer available by late summer, and the modular version of the Jones Colorizer will be available in the fall.

hyper screaming goo yo SlayerBadger! w00t we're not worthy

I don't remember a lot of patch details. I usually set up some kind of feedback scenario and then improvise inside of that space until I find some things that I like. Basically there was a camera on Emily, a projector pointed at a blank canvas, and another camera pointing at the canvas. I set up a bunch of monitors in her field of vision so she could see both herself and the feedback. The Jones Colorizer was processing the feedback loop. I think I had some internal feedback patching going on as well, and it did strange things to the controls. I remember saying "this is like trying to drive a car from the back seat using a couple of sticks for the wheel and pedals".

Lars, I think you'll really dig the next one. Hopefully we'll get it edited this summer. It is epic.
Mood Organ
My avatar was made with the Jones Colorizer as well
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Page 1 of 1