MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

VCO Vp-p question
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author VCO Vp-p question
satindas
Hi, comparing the output from my 2 completed VCO's on the scope, I have one which is giving 10V p-p and the other is only about 8.5V p-p. I also see that with the pulse set to 50% there is some negative offset (both VCO's) of about 1V ie +4V/-6V and +3.5V/-5V. There is little audible difference- they both sound absolutely wicked, but just want to check that this is normal or within the margins of acceptable error. Is there something I should check/adjust?
Synthbuilder
satindas wrote:
comparing the output from my 2 completed VCO's on the scope, I have one which is giving 10V p-p and the other is only about 8.5V p-p.

Both VCOs should be the same on all the waveforms except for possibly the sine wave.

satindas wrote:
I also see that with the pulse set to 50% there is some negative offset (both VCO's) of about 1V ie +4V/-6V and +3.5V/-5V.

I'd expect some offset with the pulse output at 50% but 1V sounds a lot. And those peak to peak output levels should really be the same on two VCOs.

However, although pitch is unaffected by the power rails the output offsets are. The VCO will have offsets present if the power rails are not reasonably the same magnitude, ie. +/-15V.

Tony
satindas
Duff cable.meh Van Damme too!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1