MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ADDAC601 – 8 BAND VC FIXED FILTERBANK
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System  
Author ADDAC601 – 8 BAND VC FIXED FILTERBANK
blinosynth
http://andregoncalves.info/addac/?page_id=1131

8 Independent Bands with:
1 VCA with CV input and Initial Knob per Band
1 Switch defines if Band is routed to the Master Outputs
1 Envelope Follower CV Output per Band
1 post VCA Audio Output per Band
1 Monitor LED per Band
screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo
woah woah woah woah
we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy

jesus christ!
Veqtor
Nice, just like the buchla spectral proc, I hope price isn't insane and that the frequencies have been chosen based on psychoacoustics like on the buchla...
Hi5
ADDAC701 VC Filterbank
Price: 400€

not bad. better than Buchla costs at least screaming goo yo
blinosynth
Veqtor wrote:
Nice, just like the buchla spectral proc, I hope price isn't insane and that the frequencies have been chosen based on psychoacoustics like on the buchla...

yes! this is awesome! and is cheap .. 400 euro!!!!!!!!!!!!
dude
exciting stuff!
mark_snipz
It's deep!
blinosynth
we need some video or sound !!!
bar|none
Dead Banana Nice work Andre.
vanwulpen
Looks very nice/interesting. 1 minor detail, on the ADDAC website it says
width: 2HP
maybe nice to fix :-)
indexofmetals
I'd love to see a version of this in bugbrand faceplate, bet it'd be popular with the other users as well
Reptil
you got my interest
band frequencies please?
and some audio :-)
Scaff
Reptil wrote:
you got my interest
band frequencies please?

+1
gde
wow on the inclusion of envelope follower outputs. really takes it a little beyond the realm of a "fixed filterbank"

looks great for modular vocoding
pas
bloody well done
Reptil
gde wrote:
wow on the inclusion of envelope follower outputs. really takes it a little beyond the realm of a "fixed filterbank"

looks great for modular vocoding

yes, especially since it would be compatible to the doepfer system!
mojopin
Scaff wrote:
Reptil wrote:
you got my interest
band frequencies please?

+1

+2! SlayerBadger!
3vcos
any update on this module?

pricing?

ship date/time frame?
combat_silence
Yes, would love to get one of the first of these modules. Any news?

Thanks!
__ag
Probably 3-4 weeks for the first ones to come out!
these will be coming out in red front panel!
smile
dodecabilly
we would like to hear it, please... it has quite unique features.
Lambda
Have the same question as mentioned earlier:
What band frequencies does it have?
Would also like to know the depth of the module.

On my way to order one soon hopefully smile
ignatius
pics on matrixsynth of it in black faceplate.

Reptil
hyper
looks gorgeous
yeah more info, and some souds please?
obrigado!
tIB
indexofmetals wrote:
I'd love to see a version of this in bugbrand faceplate, bet it'd be popular with the other users as well

here's one it would be popular with.

look forward to more news on this, i may well replace a QMMG with one of these.
ophidian
If it sounds as good as it looks... love
ndkent
As I understand it, a lot of the art is in choosing the bands and their width.

I do find it a bit much to do Envelope followers and VCAs per band. For a vocoder it would be Env followers for the encoders and VCAs for the decoders. I guess one could do 4 bands of each within the unit but that's really limited and the bands would have gaps. Better would be to buy 2 and do all VCAs on one and all Envelope followers on the other.

But then the next question is one should be able to mod or better yet have a provision to change the bands for 16 different bands over 2 units. So that would be 4 units for a 16 band vocoder
nrdvrgr
Bump! Ready yet? Demos?
combat_silence
Yes, are these available for purchase now? Anyone have one that they can do a quick video, so we can hear how it sounds?
__ag
Hello!

yes they are being sold already,
just sold the last unit of the 1st batch...

sorry for not having posted a video yet, but have been buried with work!

good news is that a new website is coming up very very soon now, which besides being more organized, it will have more info on all modules, including the filterbank... hopefully it will be launched this week!

for those of you curious about the frequencies chosen, this is the standard all spectrum set:
50 Hz / 110Hz / 220Hz / 500Hz / 1.1kHz / 2.2kHz / 5.2kHz / 11 kHz

custom frequencies can be requested!

all the very best
andre
ws9848
looking forward to the new website. I only have 2 of your modules so far but I really like them a lot!
__ag
Hello all,

here's a video for the filterbank!
more coming in the next days!

all the very best
andre
rdonker
Wow, awesome! Can't believe I'm just running into this stuff. Sweet!
mystico
I love this thing, thank you Andre you da man we're not worthy
timcoster
Wow - this looks so good! I'm keen to get this to replace what my Moog MuRF does, but in a less linear / more chaotic way.

I hope more are available soon!
Veqtor
Question: Can your route back the env follower outs and that way create a kind of 8 band compressor?

(With other modules of course)
timcoster
Does anyone have any more demo's of this?
mystico
not really a demo but this might give u a feel

timcoster
Cool thanks Mystico, that's great - Far out, those "kill switches" are amazing!

Are you putting everything through it? Nice how it's so "mixable" ... 8_)
lionelfischer
what does everyone think of the frequencies offered on this module for each band?

andre has said you can request custom frequencies

what would you choose, and why ?
lionelfischer
are the first and last filter bands SHELVES ? how does it all work exactly...
Reptil
lionelfischer wrote:
what does everyone think of the frequencies offered on this module for each band?

andre has said you can request custom frequencies

what would you choose, and why ?

that's a very good question.
harmonic relations are important, hmm maybe an "air" band and sub as well..
the quality seems to be quite good, so it's possible to use this in a mixdown as well.
ianross
sorry if I missed this in this thread or another, but what are the fixed frequencies for the eight bands as it will come off the shelf?
Reptil
ADDAC601 Analog Filterbank
Band distribution:
50 Hz / 110Hz / 220Hz / 500Hz / 1.1kHz / 2.2kHz / 5.2kHz / 11 kHz

here's some more:
Buchla 296e Spectral processor
<100, 150, 250, 350, 500, 630, 800, 1K, 1,3K, 1,6K, 2K, 2,6K, 3,5K, 5K, 8K, >10K

Serge Resonant Equaliser
29 Hz, 61 Hz, 115 Hz, 218 Hz, 411 Hz, 777 Hz, 1,5 KHz, 2,8 KHz, 5,2 KHz, 11 KHz

Doepfer a-129 Vocoder
100 Hz, 120 Hz, 160 Hz, 230 Hz, 330 Hz, 500 Hz, 750 Hz, 1,1 KHz, 1,3 KHz, 1,6 KHz, 2,3 KHz, 3,3 KHz, 5 KHz, 7,5 KHz, 10 KHz
NS4W
Would anyone who got it care to do a demo of CVing the bands? curious about this module, but as usual with eurorack, there is a lack of demoes.
lionelfischer
i might be able to help.
NS4W
lionelfischer wrote:
i might be able to help. describe your dream demo. what sounds go through it. maybe upload the audio or i can just do whatever

I'd love to hear a sequence of notes fed into the filterbank while all bands are CVed with LFOs. If possible one example with fast speeds and one with slow LFOs.

The same thing only with a constant tone would be great too.

Thanks! This is fun!
lionelfischer
zombie
NS4W
lionelfischer wrote:

I'll try and do this for you soon, it will be fun. let me know if what i wrote above is about right to you

allright - please do! thumbs up
lionelfischer

for this video there is a direct line from synth going into camera line input jack
Hi5
Rasta-nana
phutureboy
Wondering what is your sound source during the second half of the demo. Is it the Wav Player ?
DonKartofflo
God it sounds so good!
DonKartofflo
That demo actually contains some of the most beautiful sounds I have ever heard from an instrument.
Definately getting one now.
lionelfischer
phutureboy wrote:
Wondering what is your sound source during the second half of the demo. Is it the Wav Player ?

audiorate vulcan, sony pcm d50, or phonogene is the source
mystico
Loved the aesthetic of your video lionelfischer. pretty sweet demo 8_)
HueMonContact
Sold! Excellent video lionelfischer
And Excellent module!
11ish
Nice video! SlayerBadger!
rozzbud
thanks!
NS4W
thank you so much for doing the spaced out video for me lionel and
i guess addac's PR department owes you a free baccalao coupon as well!
seems like you had a good time...

i'm still not sure if i'm going for this module, but it was good to see it in action anyhow.

bunkdata
lionelfischer wrote:

for this video there is a direct line from synth going into camera line input jack

Looks like the video has gone private, bummer!
blue_lu
bunkdata wrote:
lionelfischer wrote:

yeah, please repost! screaming goo yo
blinosynth
blue_lu wrote:
bunkdata wrote:
lionelfischer wrote:

yeah, please repost! screaming goo yo

oops oops
miraclehex
Hey, the manual is here now:
http://www.addacsystem.com/sites/default/files/files/ADDAC601_USERS_GU IDE.pdf
bj_gzp
my first soundcloud upload ever.
tribute to André : demo of the 601 processing loops from fellow wiggler Mercutio. Nothing fancy, more a systematic demo. I really like the to x-fade between the odds and evens. More to come...
Cheers,
Björn

[s]http://soundcloud.com/gonzophone/arkodd-loop44-601[/s]
[s]http://soundcloud.com/gonzophone/arkodd-loop43-601[/s]
bj_gzp
Simple good night patch done in 5 mins: Gonzophone standard timbre through the 601. Wobble done by having a VILFO modulating an uFade between odds and evens. No VCA's, pure drone dope wink

[s]http://soundcloud.com/gonzophone/gzp-601-odd-even-wobble[/s]

Cheers,
BJ
blinosynth
bj_gzp wrote:
Simple good night patch done in 5 mins: Gonzophone standard timbre through the 601. Wobble done by having a VILFO modulating an uFade between odds and evens. No VCA's, pure drone dope wink

Cheers,
BJ

cool demo bj
so the bests companions of 601 are:
uFade
dr Octature
signed
DonKartofflo
blinosynth wrote:
bj_gzp wrote:

Cheers,
BJ

cool demo bj
so the bests companions of 601 are:
uFade
dr Octature
signed

plus uAtt! the env outputs are 0-10 v, the vcas are bipolar 5to5 which means that if you want subtle self patching goodness, you gonna need a lot of attenuaters thumbs up

love this module, on my shopping list!
bj_gzp
Blinosynth, not sure where you get the Dr.Octature from, but i tried it once with a A191 in shepard gen. mode and it sounded really interesting on pad sounds/drones.

I got it mainly as multispectral analysis tool, cross-over, and selfcontained feedback workstation. I had no idea what the odds/evens can be used for. Now that i have it i'm completely blown away by the odds/evens aspect. Makes me more horny on a ResEQ cry

Good point Don about the needed CV processing. However personally i'm convinced the best friend of a 601 is another 601. screaming goo yo Then you can splitt analysis and synthesis into the 2 filters and that should mitigate the CV processing overhead wink So another one is on my shopping list. But unfortunately not for tomorrow. And with André releasing one cool module after the other it may well get pushed down the list help

This WE i'll do a patch using it in feedback mode and upload another little demo afterwards. And really the demo above was just my fix getting home drunk after a really shitty day at job ... i didn't think alot...

Cheers,
Björn
blinosynth
bj_gzp wrote:
Blinosynth, not sure where you get the Dr.Octature from, but i tried it once with a A191 in shepard gen. mode and it sounded really interesting on pad sounds/drones.
Björn

see the lionelfischer vimeo video!!!!! ask him the password! the ocatoture or a quadrator lfo is the best companion to this filters
... i want a 601 so baddly, i have to save a lot!!!!
bj_gzp
Ok i see, it's similar then to what i did with the Shepard generator, but i uses Tri/Ramps, octature does sinus.
And damn soundcloud, it seems to filter the low end out :(

Cheers,
Björn
neilbaldwin
Got mine yesterday. Not had a proper play with it yet but this was a quick patching test:

[s]http://soundcloud.com/neilbaldwin/addac601-01[/s]

[s]http://soundcloud.com/neilbaldwin/addac601-02[/s]

Lots of interesting patching possibilities with this module, looking forward to exploring it a lot more.

As a side note, the build quality on the 601 (as with other ADDAC modules I've had) is very impressive.
KNYST
lionelfischer wrote:

Lots of interesting sounds!
4:55 SlayerBadger!
Reptil
lionelfischer wrote:

fucking brilliant
thanks!
It's motherfucking bacon yo
mgeddesgengras
just got mine yesterday, really blown away by the quality and feature-set. the ENV out's are incredibly useful 'weird' modulation sources on their own, and the sound and placement of the filters (freq. wise) makes this thing incredibly useful. having a lot more fun with this thing then i did with the serge REQ. when i record something with it i'll post a demo.
iamgoldman
KNYST wrote:
lionelfischer wrote:

Lots of interesting sounds!
4:55 SlayerBadger!

wow this is actually a really cool module. i want one in black.
mgeddesgengras
[s]http://soundcloud.com/green-machines/8-31-12-addac-601-vs-make[/s]

feeding the MIX output of the 601 into Channel 2 of MATHS and back into the 601 input to create a feedback loop, modulated by 2xMATHS, 2xDIXIE and E350, which is sent through a LPG, triggered by Y-gate on RENE, and into Phonogene. ENV outs of 601 are modulating parameters on the Phonogene as well as the MATHS, DIXIEs & E350. EOS output on Phonogene clocks RENE, X-gate triggers Record on the Phonogene, division of X-gate triggers Splice. QCV & CV modulate BOTH input on channel 1 of each MATHS. Eventually the Splice points have to be cleared as they pile up over time. about 2/3rds in, feedback is inverted by channel 2 of MATHS.
Nesto
Any thoughts on using a JAG to cv the filter bank?
Mercutio
Lot of great sounds here !
__ag
Hello all,

thought of posting an updated panel photo!

also updated the website:
http://addacsystem.com/product/addac600-series/addac601-vc-fixed-filte rbank

all the very best
andre

amnesia
Do you get pot to smoke when you buy this? i/m in
brickman
Lionel's demo did it for me , must have it !
amnesia
I just paid for a silver face version of this :-) Thanks for the smoked demo lionelfischer.
brickman
Sweet looking panel , much extra ?
amnesia
40 euro extra
amnesia
Would be great to hear some freq options available.
brickman
Thanks Amnesia thumbs up
amnesia
Hope I can get green leds too :-)
brickman
Mmm , Im thinking black panel w/ blue leds , although silver with green leds sounds great . Maybe one of each huh Guinness ftw!
amnesia
or maybe silver with orange leds? cant decide
brickman
silver w/ green , no question (pour moi) !

Gonna be 4-6 weeks for the new batch . I f***** hate waiting .
amnesia
yep , just got confirmation. green leds

So excited :-)
brickman
Ah you lucky git ! Enjoy thumbs up

Show us the pics when you get it This is fun!
amnesia
I havent heard the word git in ages :-)

Not lucky, these options are available for everyone you just need to ask :-)
brickman
Git , reminds me of school , waaaaaaaaaaay back when smile

Im just gonna ask so ! Black panel & blue leds it is . The wait is gonna be pure torture Dead Banana
amnesia
I am sure Andre and Sandra will be more than happy to do that combo.

re; git
SunSpots
lionel just sold an octature and VC filter bank here too wink plus i think I just got high watching that video... sad banana razz
amnesia
mine just arrived! I changed the knobs.
timcoster
Nice silver!

In the Stackcables manual (ha, I know!) it says not to use with "Switchcraft Tini-Jax" ... I'm not sure what would go wrong, but I googled & this

http://www.switchcraft.com/productsummary.aspx?Parent=369

looks very much like the jacks on the 601. So I haven't been using Stackcables with mine, does anyone know for sure, or why?

http://www.tiptopaudio.com/stack.php
amnesia
I think tinijax are for Buchla and some other stuff but not euro.
timcoster
Oh okay great! That makes patching easier :-)
VCOscillator
That silverface looks awesome. I am contemplating contacting Addac and asking to buy a silverfaceplate seperately for my recently purchased redface but I kind of like the red.

All my other modules have silver faceplates so it stands out nicely. Amnesia if you get a chance could I see a wider pic of how the silverface looks as part of your system please?
withakay
Gah, I hovered over the 'buy' button too long and now the 601 is sold out at both schneiders and post modular. The still have them at rubadub but the price is £60 more, any ideas when a new batch can be expected?
Denis Goekdag
Just got two of these. Sounds REALLY good thumbs up
bj_gzp
Denis Goekdag wrote:
Just got two of these. Sounds REALLY good thumbs up

Did you try already a "vocoder" style patch?
One 601 to analyse a signal and the second to process another.
I only own 1 601, and will not get a second just to try this out. But i think this ptach could be fun. Guinness ftw!
Konrad Seifert
I had 2 601s and tried the vocoder patch. It sounds good, but the freqs of the bands bands are not optimized for classic vocoder applications.

Works really great with drumloops, though.
bj_gzp
That it will not sound like a vocoder was to be expected. It has limited number of bands as well. What sounded interesting was putting using a Shepard generator on all the bands and run a drone though it. I could kick myself for having sold the A191...

It sounds good on drums, but i prefer using ResEQ on them.
However i can't stop putting the 601 after a 101 or 111 wav player. To give the aliasing the a nice color smile
ADDAC System
Hello!

New demo videos for the ADDAC601 can be found here:

All the best,
ADDAC Team
phutureboy
Great job ! Parabéns ! Your videos look as professional as your modules.

I just read the User's Guide and couldn't find which 8 fixed frequencies were chosen, could you send me a link where I can get this information por favor ?
flo
The frequencies are listed on the page (see "features"):

http://www.addacsystem.com/product/addac600-series/addac601-vc-fixed-f ilterbank
phutureboy
Thanks. Is there any way to change them ? Some trimmer on the PCB or something of the kind ?
flo
I think I read somewhere that you can request custom ones when you order a 601. Don't really remember where I read that though...
opsysbug
Just picked up one of these at Control in Brooklyn today after playing
with it for like 10 minutes. Nice! Great to have an Andre creation in the house!!
mono-poly
Addac should make a modulation source for this awesome module.
Paranormal Patroler
ADDAC already has the coolest modulation sources.
mono-poly
Well something to modulate the 8 bands.
Like the morph function on the 296e.
Paranormal Patroler
Get the Complex Random and a JAG and you're set for modulation sources!
duck1887
Like opsysbug, I just got a new 601 from Control, and I am sorry to report that it is acting very oddly, and I hope maybe y'all can help.

Mostly the problem is that the band knobs don't do anything, either to the wet/mix outs or to the individual outs; nor does CV modulation (haven't tried the env followers). Or sometimes the top row does, but oddly, sounding more like a weird, jumpy filter sweep than a boost/cut of a particular band (this is true of the input volume knob as well). When a band's attentuation knob does work, then so does its CV jack, but also oddly, e.g. affecting the whole row. (I do know that the bands aren't completely independent, but this is much more extreme.) The switches do work as they're supposed to though.

What could cause this?? Is it not getting enough power? (If so, I can't see why; nor is it bumping up against a neighboring module either.) Is there a jumper on the back I have to switch from "acts oddly" to "works properly"? hihi

I will probably take it back (where it will no doubt act perfectly normally, making me look foolish), but if anyone has seen this and/or knows what to do that would be great. I really want to like this module, as it seems poised to take over my entire rig (figuratively speaking)! help
Summa
duck1887 Sounds like you have a faulty module or some power issues... got mine a month ago and it is everything I ever wanted from a filterbank.. (and yes I've tried the Buchla version and it has some more features seriously, i just don't get it ) just send addac an email and ask for support or go back to Control and get it sorted.
Summa
Paranormal Patroler wrote:

plus the 501B expander for slew and gates out!.. I had no idea it slewed the outputs of the main unit I thought it only worked for the expansion... anyways, indeed a great companion to the 601, I currently run a patch where a MI Frames modulates the 601 and I find that to be a great match too.. so many options with all these modules..
duck1887
Summa wrote:
duck1887 Sounds like you have a faulty module or some power issues... got mine a month ago and it is everything I ever wanted from a filterbank.. (and yes I've tried the Buchla version and it has some more features seriously, i just don't get it ) just send addac an email and ask for support or go back to Control and get it sorted.

Thanks Summa, will do. I did put it in a different case with different power and it did the same thing waah

This is even keeping me from patching, as all I can think when I try is how cool it would be to use the 601! When all is well I will definitely be It's peanut butter jelly time!
Paranormal Patroler
Summa wrote:
Paranormal Patroler wrote:

plus the 501B expander for slew and gates out!.. I had no idea it slewed the outputs of the main unit I thought it only worked for the expansion... anyways, indeed a great companion to the 601, I currently run a patch where a MI Frames modulates the 601 and I find that to be a great match too.. so many options with all these modules..

Yeah, I've been meaning to get one of those but I always spend my money on MIDI stuff. lol
CF3
Big thanks to Andre & Co. for hooking me up with a silver 601 panel. Looks fantastic. Really loving the Filterbank.

Hirsbro
@ ADDAC

Do you have any 601 in stock atm? if not when?
Dave77
Ciao Hirsbro
i Ordered directly from ADDAC
GaryInHuaHin
For anybody experiencing problems, I just discovered that the power connector on mine is inserted backwards. Compared notes with a buddy and it is definitely assembled incorrectly

Message in to the manufacturer. Hope they are responsive.
Dogma
So i see heaps of these for sale and i wonder if people are really utilizing the whole module or just shoving a few sources and filtering....

ive had great success feeding 2 different signals - modulated phase from a Richter ii is awesome, and then sending triggers from either Bastl Knit Rder, CV trintity - all sorts, and then feeding them back through a cold mac into a VCAM and running the env followers into the VCAM - i just love this module....

Never tried the Serge rez EQ which id love to one day - but any more love for the 601?
Tumulishroomaroom
Totally necro-ing this thread.

I just discovered this module as I was looking into EQs. Not that many options available, or at least I haven't found that many, and this one looks really powerful, I love the demo dated 6years ago with the Macbeth Oscillators ! With the Env Followers it's probably quite the beast modulation-wise for a relatively low hp count compared to more recent offerings like the Bark Filter.

Anybody here with one can attest to the usefulness of such a module in a relatively small system ? And usefulness of EQ in general ? I'm more looking into something that could be use creatively rather than just cut a couple frequencies. In a techno context in my particular case.
Summa
yeah I use mine a lot, it's like half a Buchla 296.

I use it with many different types of material but it works really well with both short percussive sounds, creating a kick and hi-hat with the same source but filtered separately with the different bands. But it also works really nice with drone slow movements.. hard to beat the functionality in such a small footprint.

combine it with a Batumi, Quadra and a random source and you have endless possibilities.
swhic
useful and sounds so good..smile
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System  
Page 1 of 6