MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Post your screen captures and stills
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next [all]
Author Post your screen captures and stills
lizlarsen
I thought this topic warranted another thread/sticky (unless anyone objects.) While the nature of video signals are to view them in motion, I feel still images reveal a whole new dimension to video synthesis.

Some ground rules/suggestions
1) Up to 2 stills per post. Please link to your website or flickr, etc. if you have more you'd like to share at one time.
2) Notes on gear used, patch techniques and general reflection are lovely!
lizlarsen
Here's a patch from this afternoon. I'm really enjoying using boolean logic via my Video Logic module prototype to explore interrelated geometries using a minimum of initial sources. This patch uses 3 video oscillators and Video Logic to create the underlying pattern. VCO outputs are combined with boolean logic, and then resulting combinations are fed back into VCO frequency modulation inputs. The final color image is created with an RGB matrix mix using Video Blending Matrix, then passed to Color Video Encoder.

MrDys
Love it. Can't wait to get my hands on the logic module.
daverj
These were all photographed off the screen. They are all generated with the upcoming Jones VO-1 VideOscillator going through a Jones OA-3 Output Amp.

lizlarsen
Beautiful shots Dave. Can't wait to see/hear more about the VO-1.
gde

snufkin
My video stills zine

Oldstench
...deleted - stupid joke

Some of this stuff looks really cool guys.
johnnywoods
nice still from the Sydney Opera House performance:

daverj
looks like a fun time
lizlarsen
that still is so badass Johnny
numan7
here is the first frame from one of my videos attempting to synthesize dragon fractal curves (and hmmm..... there are better frames in the videos, which i would like to have uploaded instead... seriously, i just don't get it but my computer is fighting with me particularly hard this evening/morning, refusing to load anything in Quicktime or even launch VLC... Jedi ).

cheers,
n7
daverj
Posted in the Madlelbox thread, but should probably also be here since this is a sticky. Several still images captured from the MVIP feedpack recording I posted a couple of months ago:

Veqtor

Sorry for the large pics, these are examples from a vector "synthesis" experiment session where I was only using audio modules to drive an oscilloscope. A livewire afg does the vertical scanning and a tiptop z3000 mk2 does the horizontal. The z-axis was driven by a Doepfer A-189-1 bit modifier fed by the afg and z3000. In the third image image information and other signals was imposed onto the x and y axi for rutt etrian effects.

This setup is super glitchy and "wobbly" but does give some interesting results. Something like the bit modifier but for video rates should be interesting.
lizlarsen
Nice! The big pictures look great. One thing you may try to get more stability out of that setup is to sync the horizontal (faster) oscillator to the vertical (slower) one, that way they're both resetting at the same time.
Veqtor
Actually, I did... but it's still very wobbly, I guess it's because of the afg's "phatness" lol
nickciontea
nickciontea

andrewF
from Noise Maschin#4 11Oct2011
stin-g

Funs Mr. Green
zapp550
lizlarsen
Beautiful shot! Gear used?
johnnywoods
oh yeah! forgot about this thread, this is my favorite still from a show with neon indian at webster hall last week. this image is pure video synth! It was a pretty nutso patch:

zapp550
creatorlars wrote:
Beautiful shot! Gear used?

Thanks 8_) I'm just using the patch you posted in the other thread with the video sync generator,ramps, and the blending matrix going into a BK precision 1540 scope. I've got a video as well that i'll post later in the week. On a side note, the ramps modules is awesome.. so much so that my long awaited E350 that it arrived with has remained untouched eek!
shred
stin-g wrote:

this is an amazing picture all around
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next [all]
Page 1 of 10