MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ADDAC802 questions
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System  
Author ADDAC802 questions
cathartech
what kind of curve do the vcas have? also, how do the initial knobs interact with the vca cv in? does it react well to negative voltages?

i'm interested in this module primarily for long, smooth fades as opposed to am blippyness... but hopefully it can do both reasonably well.
cathartech
nm. picked one up.

here are my observations:

tricky to use as a standalone audio mixer (no vca inputs used) as the signal abruptly fades in at noon. there's no signal from full ccw to 11:59, unless you have a vca connected. when an envelope is attached to the vca input, full ccw - 11:59 seem to provide the output of the vca only. noon to full cw seems to gain the vca and gain the input signal for a layered effect.

i believe the curves to be exp. it AMs really well, and it seems to saturate pleasantly. it's very useful for animating, but not the best solution as a standalone mixer. i've found attenuators to be really useful, allowing one to control the levels of the channel from 0-11:59 by attenuating the vca before the addac802.

i'll try to get a vid in at some point.
Arcade Sinusoid
Thanks for the info cathartech! When you say abruptly fades in at noon does it just jump from no sound to in your face? Just looking for a little more info on this module seriously, i just don't get it If you could give me some more knowledge on it I would appreciate it.
cathartech
actually, it turned out that the first release (which the this review was based off of) was bugged. the new versions of the module are, with no cv input, silent at full ccw and increase in volume as expected as you turn the pots cw. high cv can still overcome a full ccw knob in some instances though...i've found using the trimpot on the back allows one to dial in the response to alleviate that. the trimpot also allows for saturation of the signal at high levels.
Arcade Sinusoid
Thanks for the information cathartech. Really appreciate it!
Garz
Hi! i´m thinking about get an ADDAC802. Now, I´m using the MI Frames as a mixer for my system with a pair of vcas and I want to replace the vcas and the Frames with the addac.
The Frames acts like a attenuator before the signal goes to my audio interface. If I use the output of the vcas directly to my audio interfaces the signal is too loud and sounds really bad, even if i put down the signal in the audio interface.

My point is... could i attenuante the signal of the input with a cv envelope connected to the module, from zero to his max?

I don´t know if the attenuator of the ADDAC802 channel attenuates the volume or the envelope of the cv input...
Summa
Garz wrote:
Hi! i´m thinking about get an ADDAC802. Now, I´m using the MI Frames as a mixer for my system with a pair of vcas and I want to replace the vcas and the Frames with the addac.
The Frames acts like a attenuator before the signal goes to my audio interface. If I use the output of the vcas directly to my audio interfaces the signal is too loud and sounds really bad, even if i put down the signal in the audio interface.

My point is... could i attenuante the signal of the input with a cv envelope connected to the module, from zero to his max?

I don´t know if the attenuator of the ADDAC802 channel attenuates the volume or the envelope of the cv input...

https://vimeo.com/87696724

https://vimeo.com/87697267
Garz
mmm seeing the video , if the knob is to his max, the signal is not affected by the cv input... so probably the knob attenuates both ..
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System  
Page 1 of 1