MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

BugModVid with a new SEQ prototype
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author BugModVid with a new SEQ prototype
BugBrand

[god-damn video editing - round and round trying to encode without something getting out of sync - given that it takes so long to render etc I gave up in the end - maybe I'll learn the ways better in the future!]
Low-Gain
SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! w00t w00t w00t w00t w00t

I can has?
nrdvrgr
WANT! (but you already knew that) wink

Very nice sounds, very nice sequencer, very nice spaghetti.
FrankV
Oh, yeah... It's motherfucking bacon yo
F
darenager
That glide sounds perfect!

It's peanut butter jelly time!
emergencyofstate
HELL YES. Thanks for that video Tom! Really looking forward to the SEQ1.
miditerranean
Wow! Awesome sequencer, Tom!

I'm excited to see more information about these new modules.
richard
Great Tom

.....Portacase you say???
otoskope
Well.....don't we all just NEED one of those!?

Beautilful sounds, and I really look forward to see that seq in real life some day! I was just looking at metalbox sequencing modules (awesome!), but I should have known that Tom had something up his sleave...
radams
Sounding good ! The old porta case looks good too ! I think this SEQ is going to be killer with all the divisions and such Guinness ftw!
anadeji
It's motherfucking bacon yo
BugBrand
Yeah, the Portacase -- back when I first started offering the BugModular I was looking to do a short run of the cases -- I've always been very keen on portability. But it was such cranky work - taking an off-the-shelf tool box, removing the hinges, fitting two frames inside + utility panel with PSU - it just wasn't viable to try to replicate such things. Two years on and I still haven't found a good solution but am thinking still and trying to think laterally.

Here's a picture of the SEQ1 beta.
I guess I'd usually keep such things underwraps (still in Beta test stage) but I've got so damn excited with this -- I can think of much worse jobs than playing with 2Frame setup to test the new module!

a100user
So much for planning a new three row case, now I know it's got to be 4 rows>

Real nice Tom, as usual my bank balance hates you but I love you, lots! Hug Hug Hug Hug
Low-Gain
I'd almost consider selling my TR-808 to some how bribe you to let me in the cool club Tom.

Nicely done.
applause we're not worthy SlayerBadger!
BugBrand
Trade SEQ1 for TR808 ? -- I'd go for that!
KNYST
Just lovely Tom!
The sound gets really good at about 5mn...
Machines should be blue SlayerBadger!
Low-Gain
BugBrand wrote:
Trade SEQ1 for TR808 ? -- I'd go for that!

LOL... i want to start a Bug system pretty badly.. but NOT that badly. lol lol
miditerranean
Thanks for posting the clear photo, Tom! It looks like a very nice SEQuencer. I'm curious to hear how well it pairs with the CTL1 as well.
darenager
^ I was just thinking about CTL1 with this, feeding one of the row outputs into the CV in, and the gate into the clock in, 4x8 values we're not worthy Could make a real nice combo, stick it in random mode and the fun gets ridiculous SlayerBadger!
emergencyofstate
eek! eek!

Now for questions!

1) I see there's an internal clock...what's the range like on that guy?

2) What do the FULL / GATED switches do exactly?

3) Gate Length: Is this like a pulse width control over the outputted gate of the SEQ1?

Oh and I officially call dibs on one when they're ready. razz
Oldstench
I don't need to get into another format. I don't need to get into another format. I don't need to get into another format. Dammit, I'm going to get into another format.
dan_p
You need to get a bugbrand You need to get a bugbrand You need to get a bugbrand
Oldstench
No, see because I get some BugBrand and, whatever - I got euro and BB, no big deal. Then someone comes over and says, "Oh, that's such a pretty blue color. Doesn't Wiard make blue modules as well. And can't you get them again?". Shit, now I have to get some Wiard. So now I have 3 formats. Since I have 3 formats, why not go ahead and dip my toes into Serge, Buchla or 5U. Don't you understand man? Can't you see? It's a gateway drug. I can't do it. Dead Banana Never maintain cash savings again

I'm going to do it. Fuck.
BugBrand
emergencyofstate wrote:
:eek: :eek:

Now for questions!

1) I see there's an internal clock...what's the range like on that guy?

2) What do the FULL / GATED switches do exactly?

3) Gate Length: Is this like a pulse width control over the outputted gate of the SEQ1?

Oh and I officially call dibs on one when they're ready. :razz:

Fuller details later - as I say, only just entering Beta stages now..

i) clock - not a massive range for the internal, but using external you can easily clock well into audio (in tests right at the top range of SYN2A) - set the mode to Rand(om) and you've got yourself a digi-noise-gen

ii) For the two gate outputs - each step is either HI for the FULL step period or GATED means the Hi is logic And'd with the clock/gate.

iii) Gate length - takes the main clock, turns it into a very short pulse and then stretches it to varying length.

Will get a diagram done sometime...

PS --- form an orderly queue! (there's already quite a line formed...)
BugBrand
Oldstench wrote:
No, see because I get some BugBrand and, whatever - I got euro and BB, no big deal. Then someone comes over and says, "Oh, that's such a pretty blue color. Doesn't Wiard make blue modules as well. And can't you get them again?". Shit, now I have to get some Wiard. So now I have 3 formats. Since I have 3 formats, why not go ahead and dip my toes into Serge, Buchla or 5U. Don't you understand man? Can't you see? It's a gateway drug. I can't do it. :deadbanana: :moneyburn:

I'm going to do it. Fuck.

It has been scientifically proven that BugModular can lead to lessening of Euro-ness (in some cases - not all!). Our dear leader Muff is rocking the two true blues - Bug and Wiard. What a role model!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2