MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

PT delay module as chorus
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Author PT delay module as chorus
darenager
Started on a jam tonight, using 3 Syn2A for a pad sound, anyway after patching into the filter and VCA, I ran the VCA out into the PT delay module, set the time very low, then took a clock pulse into the 2nd capicitor stage of the passive switch into the CV of the PT delay with the attenuator set quite low - result a nice BBD sounding chorus effect thumbs up

I did not get time to finish and record tonight but I'll post it tommorow, sounds pretty nice!
indexofmetals
the world wants to hear this!
darenager
A brief demo of this below, did not have time to get much done today, so apologies for the short demo, the clip starts with no delay, then gradually fades up after 10 seconds or so.
[s]http://soundcloud.com/daren-ager/pt-delay-as-chorus[/s]
http://soundcloud.com/daren-ager/pt-delay-as-chorus
BugBrand
It is certainly pretty non-linear in modulation and I've never got quite as smooth results as I think you would with a proper BBD circuit, but you've certainly got a point there!
dan_p
Nice one thumbs up
indexofmetals
i like it. Peter Davidson era dr who
darenager
Cheers fellas, I actually had a bit of a deeper chorus than in the clip, but I will do a better example sometime. I was using the divide by2 output into the capacitor and I think because of the reasonably well matched timing of the pulse the strange swing of the capacitor output was giving a nice swooshing modulation, probably an LFO would give a different response depending on which waveform was used, but anyway well worth experimenting more I think.
KNYST
Lovely! very brassy Guinness ftw!
indexofmetals
you got one of the e350's? one of the weird lfo waveshapes might be interesting
bar|none
PtDelay pedal arrived. Rockin' Banana! It's motherfucking bacon yo

Yes, this thing is so Tom Bugs. It's got character. Woot!
impaledfaith
this (tabletop version) is a must have device for me!

can't wait for the next run!
companyofquail
cool
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Page 1 of 1