MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

1u exponential VCA?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Author 1u exponential VCA?
parasitk
So based on my future Frac-layout plans I'd like to fit a single space exponential VCA into my system.

As far as I know, no one actually makes one so I'm looking for recommendations for DIY. Just a solid clean easy-to-build "final" VCA. I'd likely stick a 1/4" jack on it as well to go out to the studio, just for convenience.

Unless someone DOES know of a Frac manufacturer that makes one - if so spill the beans! I'd rather make noise than build modules, really.

w00t
flight
Fuck, is this another one for the list? At least I already have a decent circuit for one of these.
parasitk
Haha, this should be something easy enough for me to do! I'd rather have your joystick, delay, and maybe see a PLL, than a straight up "normal" VCA. razz
flight
w00t, and a "hear! hear!"

The MFOS LM13700 design should work beautifully for you too.

Joystick: production has started.
PB r3.1: production has started.
Digital delay: ironing out the bugs in the VC portions.
Analog delay: same.
PLL: still in the head-meats file - embryonic, but developing nicely.
VCO: stalled waiting for the custom pots to incarnate.
Imp: waiting for the custom pots to arrive.
Parasite: simmering on the back burner 'til I have some time.
Legion: still in development, that's all I'm saying there. Gonna be a bit.
tragedybysyntax
flight... down the road I see you making me expand beyond my 12U of frac. DAMN YOU! wink
DGTom
All Flight Of Harmony Panel of Frac FTEPICW!!!!

SlayerBadger!

If Blacet dropped a 1U, 1 section from a Quad Mix VCA that shit would rule the world! I love the 2410 but use those more as VC mixer / splitters - they are CV VCAs to me, a solid audio VCA with the 1/4" out would rock!

Maybe the CGS VCA, not sure if that is expo. tho.
parasitk
flight wrote:
The MFOS LM13700 design should work beautifully for you too.

I'll check that out, thanks!

DGTom wrote:
If Blacet dropped a 1U, 1 section from a Quad Mix VCA that shit would rule the world! I love the 2410 but use those more as VC mixer / splitters - they are CV VCAs to me, a solid audio VCA with the 1/4" out would rock!

Maybe the CGS VCA, not sure if that is expo. tho.

I was looking at the CGS. A Blacet Dual Exponential VCA in a single space would be cool too. smile I'm pretty sure I'll end up DIY as having a 1/4" out would be a massive convenience for me.
Kwote
funny, i usually go vca then time machine before leaving the wonderful world of modular to connect to outerspace.

R2D2
parasitk
Kwote wrote:
funny, i usually go vca then time machine before leaving the wonderful world of modular to connect to outerspace.

That's because you OWN a Time Machine, duh! hihi Some of us aren't so lucky!
flight
Just in case:
I never posted the link -
http://www.musicfromouterspace.com/analogsynth/DLLVCA001/DLLVCA001.htm l
scozbor
really looking forward to the new flight frac stuff!

about to build MFOS dual log/lin vca. looks like a great module. will let you know how it goes.

ps. got 1 of my plague bare bones going! wild sound! pics of my crappy panel soon!
flight
w00t, I can't wait to hear it! I love hearing what people do with these.

Thanks for the kind words. Now I just need my suppliers to keep up with me...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Page 1 of 1