MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Sound of Shadows???
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Author Sound of Shadows???
k.rosakruz
Matttech- Mine does sound considerably different. If it sounded at all like your's or Mckenic's I would probably have never posted and never gotten on this badass forum... btw, great audio posts, both of you. really showcase the potential of the SoS.

I've been talking to Flight and we're getting to the bottom of it. He's a helluva guy... super fokn cool.
mckenic
Excellent!

Flight is a super dude indeed and Im very glad you are getting this sorted!
Let us know how it goes?
MrBiggs
SoS is certainly not a regular delay. But four minutes of Youtube and Soundcloud research can tell you that. It's kind of a carnival ride. Usually fun, sometimes kind of annoying. Patch the wet delay out on one side of a stereo field with the dry signal on the other side and CV the feedback and rate. Sounds like it's making fun of you.

Hope you get the hum worked out.

[s]http://soundcloud.com/dance-robot-dance/sos-six-with-the-donut/[/s]

[s]http://soundcloud.com/dance-robot-dance/sos-four-is-mocking-me/[/s]
k.rosakruz
Thanks MrBiggs. Its all working out. Flight has been a pleasure to deal with. Great audio.
He_lium
Hi,

I just received a SoS rev 2.0. What are the differences/improvements compared to rev 1.0. I searched but did not find.
HeWhoWantsJeans
He_lium wrote:
Hi,

I just received a SoS rev 2.0. What are the differences/improvements compared to rev 1.0. I searched but did not find.

I believe the SoS rev 2.0 has improved VCA performance, but I'll ask Flight to chime in (and correct / slap me if I'm wrong hihi).
flight
HeWhoWantsJeans wrote:
He_lium wrote:
Hi,

I believe the SoS rev 2.0 has improved VCA performance, but I'll ask Flight to chime in (and correct / slap me if I'm wrong hihi).
Yup, I fixed the VCA (performance of the rev1.0 VCA was terrible), another problem was some of the rev1.0 had a scratching noise from turning the Feedback potentiometer coupling into the output, so there was a fix for that. The other main reason was the change in board design from two boards to three.
mckenic
NEED more f(h) in my life! love
Matos
flight wrote:
HeWhoWantsJeans wrote:
He_lium wrote:
Hi,

Yup, I fixed the VCA (performance of the rev1.0 VCA was terrible), another problem was some of the rev1.0 had a scratching noise from turning the Feedback potentiometer coupling into the output, so there was a fix for that. The other main reason was the change in board design from two boards to three.

I know you're super busy, but is there an upgrade path or fix for those who have the scratchy feedback pot?
He_lium
Thanks flight & HeWhoWantsJeans.
Yesterday I had a session with my new SoS and my beloved Plague bearer, amongst others, and it was an evening full of fun and great sounds.
Is the SoS expander still relevant? I'm also interested by IMP. Is there a new batch planned? Or new modules? I know, lots of question but really appreciate your sound approach...
Tea rooms are not for me hihi
HeWhoWantsJeans
Matos wrote:

I know you're super busy, but is there an upgrade path or fix for those who have the scratchy feedback pot?

Matos,

That... I don't have the faintest clue on. I've thrown up a flare for Flight and we'll see if he can't cast some light on that.

He_lium wrote:
I'm also interested by IMP. Is there a new batch planned? Or new modules?

He,

I just checked our nearest dealer to you (Escape From Noise) and they're plumb-out of IMP's. I did locate one at Foxtone Music and you could inquire about shipping internationally.

Otherwise, I'd encourage you to contact your preferred dealer and ask them about ordering one. As dealers put orders into our distributor, that's how the Magic is Made(tm).
He_lium wrote:

Tea rooms are not for me hihi

Heh. They won't let me within two-hundred yards of Churches or portable restrooms. MY ASS IS BLEEDING
Matos
Thanks for the flare mate! Hopefully it's an easy fix. thumbs up
He_lium
Thanks HeWhoWantsJeans. I will send an e-mail to escapefromnoise, definitely my favorite dealer.
No idea about new stuff from FoH?
He_lium
I found answer to my question: https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=141047&highlight=
I wish the best to flight and again thanks to him for giving me joy via PB & SoS. I stay tuned...
mckenic
Thanks for posting He_lium - crap I missed that thread!
The very BEST to flight and whenever anything is ready Imna be all over it - f(h) stuff is too inspiring and too unique!
gummyboy
Is there anybody who knows about rev. history?
Is rev.2 the latest?
I am looking for one and I saw one marked as rev.2.

Thanks in advanced.
flight
gummyboy wrote:
Is there anybody who knows about rev. history?
Is rev.2 the latest?
I am looking for one and I saw one marked as rev.2.

Thanks in advanced.
The in-house versions are rev 1 & rev 2.
Rev 2 corrected a few lingering issues with the rev 1 (VCA, scratchy pot, etc.).
dude
is there a way to check which revision a module might be and also will SoS work on +/-15v safely?
flight
dude wrote:
is there a way to check which revision a module might be and also will SoS work on +/-15v safely?
The version number will be on the back of the PCB in the bottom left-ish area.
±15V supply: I have not tested this, but I see no reason why it should not work. Give it a try! If it breaks, I'll repair it for free, including shipping costs (disclaimer: this offer only applies to the Muffwiggler forum user by the screen name of "Dude").
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Page 2 of 2