MUFF WIGGLER
you'll find what you're looking for, life's like that

FAQ & Terms Of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Information
Please join us at NAMM! MW will be hosting a booth and we would like to invite all manufacturers small and large to join us. We are delighted to support this scene and help provide booth space for anyone who wants to show off their gear and partake in the company of the best group of folks on earth. Please email [email protected] to discuss details. Hope to see you there!

MW Radio

Search for at
MUFF WIGGLER Advanced Search
The things people say
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next [all]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Play Out! Performance Modulars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author The things people say
electronicpresskit
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:39 am    Post subject: The things people say Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is the thread to post the stupid/hilarious things people say to you while playing out.

So I was playing for a house party and a few friends that make tracks (using FL studio/Reason) were there. Nobody could really make sense of what I was doing, so nobody could really venture an opinion...until one guy had an idea that everyone could understand, and he said "Oh man, this would sound great through a kaoss pad!" d'oh! and of course everyone knew what a kaoss pad was so they all agreed wholeheartedly!

Nothing against the kaoss pad, but running $25,000 of analogs through a $400 processor doesn't make much sense. hihi hihi

What's your story?
jenamu6
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was doing a live set a couple of years ago, when this boingboingboing head comes up to me and says:
"He.....you got to speed this shit up......it's too slow, I can't dance to this.
Seriously man, I kinda like what I'm hearing, but it's too fucking slow"

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=jenamu6&search_type=&aq=f
My modular noises:
http://soundcloud.com/jenamu6
andrewF
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

my last gig, a guy came up to me at the end and said "I love you"

(I like to think my cacophony was some kind of a transcendent experience for him, rather than he was hoping to get into my pants)

and the 1st gig I did with Pinky, see pic, resulted in a girl with a Justin Bieber hair-do and big boots standing in front of me and glaring for 40 minutes. what could i do but tweak that joystick nipple some more?

Another gig with Pinky to a seated audience, about 120 people. I finished, there was some applause. when it died down avoice from the back shouts out -"What does the clitoris do?"

DIY stuff

DIY Wigglers compilation album on Bandcamp
DIY Wigglers compilation album on CD from kunaki
numan7
numan "sonic" seven

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hmmm..... indeed, what does the clitoris do? confused

lol
cheers,
n7

Fnord
Discordian Wiggler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've only played out like 2-3 times, years ago. Ran into a guy I had a class with once, drunk out of his skull and got "what the fuck kinda gear you got man, it's like you got a fucking modem with you".

Once had a bandmate who'd attach himself to one technical term and use it over and over again completely out of context. His favorite term: LFO.
As in, "that sound needs more LFO's man" and "what sort of LFO do we need to get a bass sound like that". I tried to explain the whole modulation thing, but the dude just wanted more lfo's.

Muffwiggler: I've seen communities ruined over politics. I've seen friendships end over racism. I've never seen these things happen as a result of breasts.
andrewF
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

numan7 wrote:

lol
cheers,
n7

it sets the sequence length on a CGS gate sequencer

Another comment on Pinky from a girl - "Is it sexual?" d'oh!

DIY stuff

DIY Wigglers compilation album on Bandcamp
DIY Wigglers compilation album on CD from kunaki
megaohm
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

numan7 wrote:

lol
cheers,
n7

lolspew

www.MegaOhmAudio.com

"Nothing wrong with a bit of magic smoke, it indicates stuff." - falafelbiels
drox
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

numan7 wrote:

lol
cheers,
n7

Im also intetested to find out smile
Just me
Has enough VCA's

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Once, while playing a show without the use of a keyboard and only using joysticks, ribbon and knobs, a guy came up at the end and said. "Wouldn't be cool if you could use a keyboard with that!?"

Everything in my studio is for sale until 75% of it is gone! Then I'll stop selling and refrain from buying anything else. I promise.
bf
Buck Futter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just me wrote:
Once, while playing a show without the use of a keyboard and only using joysticks, ribbon and knobs, a guy came up at the end and said. "Wouldn't be cool if you could use a keyboard with that!?"
To which you reply, "You should invent something like that!" hihi
Cat Girl Synth
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Play Out! Performance Modulars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next [all]
Page 1 of 13

Jump to: