MUFF WIGGLER
one billion tastes and tunes

FAQ & Terms Of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Information
Please join us at NAMM! MW will be hosting a booth and we would like to invite all manufacturers small and large to join us. We are delighted to support this scene and help provide booth space for anyone who wants to show off their gear and partake in the company of the best group of folks on earth. Please email [email protected] to discuss details. Hope to see you there!

MW Radio

Search for at
MUFF WIGGLER Advanced Search
The things people say
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next [all]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Play Out! Performance Modulars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author The things people say
Hi5
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Going to noise shows one can hear a lot of ignorant talk about gear but one of my favorites was when someone wanted to get a "drone sequencer".

Makes me think I should start making some "drone sequencers" since there is obviously demand for them.
polyroy
Ambient Wiggler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bit of back story to mine.

When I started uni and was in halls of residence, a couple of guys that hung out at the girls flat next to mine knocked on the door and said 'hey man, check it out' and pointed down. He then proceeded to rub his small penis on the door handle to our flat and run off. I had two options, knock him out or tell security. Being that it was within the first month or so and I didn't really want any major trouble with anyone, I opted for the latter and he got a bollocking (no pun intended). One of the security guys was also a technician for the music tech department who I ended up getting on really well with due to him being a massive techno head and just a generally sound guy, but this strange circumstance was the first time i'd met him.

Anyway, fast forward two years and i'm playing at an experimental electronica festival one of my lecturers put on in the club based at uni. My MIDI controller kinda had a freak out and stopped the audio completely. As this brief moment of silence happened I heard 'and then he got his dick out and rubbed it on the door' fairly loudly. Turned out that technician was telling his brother about how he'd first met me, I didn't hear exactly what he'd said, I thought someone had just shouted 'Dick' at me because of the audio dropout so he explained it all afterwards as apparently I shot the audience an angry glare! Pretty funny looking back on it lol

Johnisfaster
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

When I was about 15 I was playing bass in a bad punk band. My dad said "You know what you guys need, something to set you apart. I think you should have a keyboardist" I said "Ehhh.. Keyboards are lame." (hides)

I used to play in a hardcore band playing keys. More than a few people said "John plays the moog", I played a Roland Jx-305... I got tired of correcting people so I just let them say it.

computer controlled
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've had more than a few funny and ignorant comments, here are a few:

After playing a live set: "Hey man, nice DJ set"
While playing a live set: "Hey DJ, can you play some dubstep?" and "Can you play some Lenard Skynard?"

But this is the best comment i've ever gotten...
after playing a live set: "That was better than any sex i've ever had!"

applause

Drum Machines: TR-8 . Volca Beats .

New DJ Mix - AcidTed - Question Everything
infradead
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i was at a chiptune event speaking w/ two other guys about gears and mods.

i'd just gotten my pokey.synth and brought my modular to show the pokey.synth and an a atari.

someone looked at my pittsburgh modular timetable and told me
"oh cool its got microkorg knobs"

hihi hihi

cases: doepfer 6u and monster base

Tacoma Noise Rodeo and much neglected blog
dubchild
Ultra Wiggler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was playing a show at SOMA in San Diego in '95. Just my K2000, a TR-707 and my DJ friend was layering beats over my stuff. In the middle of it a guy came on stage and stood next to me and says," You like Moby?" I said,"sure" and asked him to leave the stage. I am pretty sure he was tripping balls.
ersatzplanet
Synthwerks Design

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I used to play around Seattle in the late 70's and 80's in different ensembles one being a solo gig. I was playing at a club called The Vogue as the solo act which was a electron sound that today would be called Ambient - a cinematic soundscape sort of a thing with lots of found-sound tape loops and slow drone/sequencer work. There was no stage per se (it was a dance club) so I was setup on the dance floor. A gent came up to me and asked "When are you gonna start?" I replied "I did about 10 minutes ago." I guess he expected to hear pop music ad thought the audio was a pre-gig soundtrack. I didn't know wether to be proud that he didn't figure out that it was live, or pissed that he didn't figure out that it was live.

-James

James Husted Synthwerks, LLC www.synthwerks.com [email protected] [email protected]

Synthwerks is a proud member of the Mostly Modular Trade Association (http://www.mostlymodular.com).

"It takes about a week to learn how to play a synthesizer, but several years to learn how *not* to play it." - Brian Eno

Looking to trade Euro, etc. for OP-1
MrTea
Reptilian Brain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

After a gig, a guy came up to me and told it was 'the most extreme thing he had ever heard' and that his girlfriend had hated it and dumped him as a result of him taking her there.
pixelmechanic
Veteran Wiggler

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Did an all-modular show supporting Honda's ASIMO robot a few years ago (see pic)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sbkw/3946921515/in/photostream/

A woman came up afterwards and asked "so, you're controlling the robot with all these cables, right?"
Carci
Veteran Wiggler

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

pixelmechanic wrote:
Did an all-modular show supporting Honda's ASIMO robot a few years ago (see pic)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sbkw/3946921515/in/photostream/

A woman came up afterwards and asked "so, you're controlling the robot with all these cables, right?"

Haha !
Nice !

FS (EU/FR) : Doepfer, FoH, low prices http://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=99926
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Play Out! Performance Modulars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next [all]
Page 3 of 13

Jump to: