MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Fizmo
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Fizmo
dougcl
I love this vid.

scozbor
fuck yeah! loving the fizmo so much lately.
the one i have is on loan from a friend. have had it for about 5yrs.
he won't sell it to me...yet twisted

this track is pure fizmo+processing

[s]http://soundcloud.com/hadal-drop/light-into-black-mass[/s]

I have been getting some damn fine pads out of it thumbs up
Just me
There is one in my neighborhood for sale for $550 USD. Just can't bring myself to pay it.
dubchild
Super great synth! I have had some great modular/noodle like experiences with mine. Very gratifying.
ziopad
I've really wanted one of these for a while and these are easily the best auditions I've heard of it. It sounds like a really intriguing piece of kit. Where are you in the Great Southwest, Just Me? I'm in Colorado and I'm rather tempted to know there's one in your neighborhood. If you're really not interested in paying that price, I think I might be... after I finish hanging acoustic treatments in my studio. I can barely think about anything else at this point.
mckenic
Need to use my rack more - but I adore it!

Id pay $550 in an instant TBH!
rekem1000
I would buy that for $550!! I've seen them go over 1k which is closer to it's real value, very underated synth.
Norman_Phay
Damn, that's a lovely piece, Scozbor.
scozbor
Norman_Phay wrote:
Damn, that's a lovely piece, Scozbor.

thanks for listening! I really appreciate your comments.
kindredlost
Gorgeous track scozbor!! we're not worthy

I really regretted selling mine last year. The angel of debt came knocking but I hope to get another one someday.

Crawlingwind is a great find for FIZMO videos on Youtube. The FIZMO is such a great tool for subtle drones like the video dougcl posted.

I have a recording I made a year or so back that is still one of my favorites. It blunders along (endlessly) with a rhythmic thingy then falls off into a very nice child-like toy piano sounding piece from ~6:00 to end. One of those happy accidents.

[s]http://soundcloud.com/david-ryle/legerdemain[/s]

The thing to ask about is the voltage regulator (I think ?) upgrade and the power wall-wart. The internal chip is susceptible to failure if it is the original stock run. The only really dependable power supplies are the Nintendo ones. No doubt there is more and better info somewhere and someone here will set the record straight. I can't recall all the details. I just remember having to buy a power supply and checking the internal chip number.
Oldstench
scozbor - fucking gorgeous! applause
kindredlost - fucking weird! 8_)

Here's one on ebay with the regulator fix. "Mint" condition...
Nelson Baboon
not a bad synth, but doesn't deserve cult status.
Oldstench
Does it have a cult status? I'm hard pressed to find anyone discussing it.
Nelson Baboon
Well, I'd say it does. It's been talked about in absolutely glowing terms in multiple synth forums for years. I had one for awhile, and I don't miss it at all. It was ok. And you need an editor to get at all of the parameters - I think that SoundDiver was the only one available, and I don't even know if that runs on current operating systems.
mckenic
But then again I'd gush about the Piston Honda, PPG anything wavetable really!
Cybananna
I have one and love it. I'd say it has and deserves cult status. I've never played anything like it and it can get about as strange as it gets for a non-modular synth (except for possibly the V-synth). Plus it's possibly the ugliest synth ever. Had it been made in the 80's the color scheme may have worked, but....
mome rath
I loved my Fizmo(s) but not enough to put up with the stupid interface

Tinfoil Hat
scozbor
yeah i had this one for a few years then it failed. I managed to do the regulator change myself after a lot of research thumbs up
Just me
Here is a chunk of a track I've done with the 'Fiz'. No post processing.
Love this thing so much it is going to be all over the album I'm working on.

[s]http://soundcloud.com/medusal-obligation/ghost-in-the-oil-excerpt  [/s]
supersuper
The Fizmo is a beautiful synth but i will say this all the best result that you guys hear are by no means easy to produce. A lot of work goes into it and the slow processor and delays between tweaking some parameters and hearing the actual effects can make it a time consuming process.

But yes nothing else is quite the same not even the Waldorf stuff.

Would to see an emulator of this it would fly off the shelves.
Ted
Hey! That's my video. Awesome to see it make its way over here... Thanks for listening.

I really love the Fizmo. I do use SoundDiver for editing. Really opens it up a lot.

That video is actually the closing track to my "Recordings for Ensoniq Fizmo" CDr coming out next month. http://quonsetdigital.us

I gotta also give Crawlingwind (James Potter) a +1. I studied his videos in the long months leading up to my Fizmo purchase. Great stuff. Check out his Serge album if you haven't yet.
Just me
Ted wrote:
Hey! That's my video. Awesome to see it make its way over here... Thanks for listening.

I really love the Fizmo. I do use SoundDiver for editing. Really opens it up a lot.

I sure wish I could figure out how to make Sound Diver work! That is one crap interface!!
scozbor
cool sounds kindred lost and just me! applause

And I have to add the FIZMO excels at CHRISTMAS SOUNDS love hihi
Ted
I would love to do a compilation of Fizmo drone/ambient with all you guys.
Ted
Just me wrote:
I sure wish I could figure out how to make Sound Diver work! That is one crap interface!!

Yeah it is. I'm still bent that they dropped support for it. Ugly and old, now. Still asks me for my old USB Logic dongle, too.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2