MUFF WIGGLER
one billion tastes and tunes

FAQ & Terms Of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Information
Watch out! I just nuked 1-post user "gear101" after receiving five different complaints over the course of about 20mins that he's sending PMs to people offering to sell gear. Seems pretty fishy! I'm sure he'll be back under a different name but with the same old game. Be careful! Thanks to everyone who let me know about this guy.

MW Radio

Search for at
MUFF WIGGLER Advanced Search
AudioGL: Apparently what Tron synthesizes with.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next [all]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author AudioGL: Apparently what Tron synthesizes with.
Nelson Baboon
is banned... again

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll take that drink....

yeah, I guess I was very excited by the demo, and just didn't want to see the guy attacked. I just think it looks amazing - I think that the reason why people who defer to hardware, especially analog modulars, do so is to some degree because of the computer interface. this just looked so new - not only in terms of the interface, but in terms of the way you could change sound drastically in real time. I'm seeing some real hope for computer synthesis - as far as having 'real' instruments to play - aalto is great, imo, and this is just simply amazing.

LPHovercraft wrote:
Nelson Baboon wrote:
didn't get that you were joking Of course, if you were, that makes my response incorrect. sorry.

It's okay. Sometimes sarcasm doesn't translate well, so it was probably a bad idea on my part.

Sorry about all the confusion. Hopefully I can buy you drink someday.

Cheers! Guinness ftw!
LPHovercraft
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nelson Baboon wrote:
I'll take that drink....

yeah, I guess I was very excited by the demo, and just didn't want to see the guy attacked. I just think it looks amazing - I think that the reason why people who defer to hardware, especially analog modulars, do so is to some degree because of the computer interface. this just looked so new - not only in terms of the interface, but in terms of the way you could change sound drastically in real time. I'm seeing some real hope for computer synthesis - as far as having 'real' instruments to play - aalto is great, imo, and this is just simply amazing.

Agreed. I have this fantasy of using something like the Emulator touch surface or Oblong's g‑speak SOE with AudioGL Minority Report meets wicked synthetic soundscapes! Man, it would be so fun to play and just as much fun for people to watch, especially if you got really good with it. This seems like the kind of software that you could actually become a virtuoso with, you know? Like conducting a synthesizer orchestra or something. That would be remarkable. Of course, I see no reason why you couldn't also use it to control one or more modular systems as well! MY ASS IS BLEEDING

I'm pretty surprised that the DSP is from scratch. I would have used a library like CLAM or Julius O. Smith's Synthesis ToolKit, but I'm really psyched that he's using audio rate control signals for automation. I think it sounds noticeably better than a lot of other softsynths I've recently heard, with the obvious exceptions of Aalto and ACE.
mckenic
pew!pew!pew!kthnxbye!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Om

Use a Kinect to motion-track the waveform of whatever on an oscilloscope and pipe that in to AGL as automation - then send it to Silent Way...

Sorry to be rude but... fap fap fap...

stk
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Man that is really impressive. I really hope that this sees the light of day in a public release, developer deserves some good funding.

What AGL said about 3D interfaces I can relate to. While my experiences have largely been limited to SketchUp, when the initial disorientation wore off I found the workspace really smooth and intuitive. The idea of working with sound in that way is... fascinating thumbs up

a sun spinning backwards lp/cd/digital | soundcloud | antisound.net
MrDys
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This reminds me of how I used to work in Buzz. Kinda makes me want to break that buggy piece of software out.

suitandtieguy wrote:
STG IS ALL ABOUT THE PLUR.
wintchil
Wiggler Invader

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This looks amazing. I definitely think it's the future now kind of thing.

something wonderful something wonderful something wonderful
Mitchk1989
*Probably* not a cyborg.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would use this as my main host eek!

The automation alone...
3za
Learning to Wiggle

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Want woah
CF3
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Really Cool. applause kind of reminds me of this. http://www.jasuto.com/home/
Veqtor
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This stuff really blew me away, the amount of effort that went into that demo track is sick! And what a sick track!

I've been doing similar stuff in Renoise just for fun, a sequencer heavily focused on automation is a good idea!

Also, EVERY daw should have some sort of modular instrument / device arranger, it's IMPOSSIBLE to get an overview of what's going on in most of my ableton live songs! d'oh!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next [all]
Page 5 of 11

Jump to: