MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

OP-1 Tombola Sequencer into Buchla
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author OP-1 Tombola Sequencer into Buchla
Badr0b0t
slipperysoles
Can you give us some details about this setup? How does the OP-1 talk to the 200e, via MIDI and/or audio?
Badr0b0t
OP-1 is set to Tombola Sequence Mode. It's one of several onboard sequencers it comes with. It's outputting MIDI on Channel 1 to Ableton. I'm routing that into the 225e on the Buchla. Note On/Off and Pitch data is being sent from the OP-1 to the Buchla and routed from the 225e on the internal bus to a 261e and a 281e. Everything else is driven off of that. Basically when the notes strike I have the 281e firing off and that in turn outputting a pulse signal which I take and route to other modules. I just kept patching until I had some complex sounds coming from the Buchla but the original pitch and timing is from the OP-1.

Hope that helps.
ziggomatic
envious of all the fun you had today thumbs up
dan_p
thumbs up
7thDanSound
Cool toys SlayerBadger! Guinness ftw! I was unaware of the cool sequencers inside the OP1, guess I haven't done my homework.
Jim's computer beats
Very nice!
Tobor
yeah, very very nice!!! applause
vgermuse
Way friggin' cool! Thanks for this! applause applause applause Rockin' Banana! thumbs up
Tombola
Love this!
aethersprite
Stop making me stop hating on the OP-1! That sequencer is gorgeous....
drewskee
$700 device triggering a $30,000 Buchla! It's motherfucking bacon yo
Badr0b0t
drewskee wrote:
$700 device triggering a $30,000 Buchla! It's motherfucking bacon yo

hahahaha yup! I get pleasure in connecting things together like audio lego for some reason. Fun to explore the possibilities.
djangosfire
Just watched - pretty damn cool!!
aaronweits
I haven't used the OP-1 much with external gear, but this is pretty amazing!
REcDeso12oi
HAHA as cool as the OP-1 is my eyes kept being drawn to both of the 250's freaking out. Amazing
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1