MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

I want one :(
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Author I want one :(
SunSpots
That's all, just wondering how many people aside from myself come into this forum wanting bugbrand. I wonder how big/small the list for a system really is? Anyone know how many of the exclusive users there are right now and when there may be an opening?

I have free kittens for whomever can make me one of the system users smile
j/k I won't have money for it until end of year, but still don't want to miss out if there is another expansion of users for the modules.

ss
wavecircle
Tom just releases the modules when they are ready for sale AFAIK. No lists, no orders. Just buy when available.
Babaluma
you're not the only one, i've always felt extremely excluded too.

obviously we weren't cool enough to make the original "system users" list...

lol
emergencyofstate
I was lucky enough to buy a used system which started as 1 row but has now grown substantially. That initial purchase is what got my foot in the door. Keep your eyes peeled! eyes...
Fnord
Have you tried asking Tom if there's any openings?
SunSpots
yes, He said get on the mailing list. I'm not sure if he added me.
excluded, yes... but hopefully there's a light at the end of the tunnel (being dramatic).

So, if there are modules available on FCFS basis then I'm not even ready for them when he does release more. Maybe I'm climbing the tree too fast on this one. May as well put it on the list for "maybe someday soon"

ss
BugBrand
The mailing list (not a waiting list, just an info list) is loooooong and I've not been doing (m)any mailouts recently because there's been no 'public' news. In fact, the only recent public availability has been the few minijack modules (maybe a few more designs coming along sometime...)

When I say its a long mailing list, I obviously don't think that everyone who signs up to it would want a system, but last time I offered up some 1Frame systems it was something like 4:1 ratio of demand:availability.

I'm actually a bit sketchy on exactly how many systems there are now out there - I think its something around 30 (I think there are about 100 frames out in the wild and estimate we've made c.1000 modules in the last 2 years!) - ranging from 1Frames up to a couple of 8Framers (though not full yet..). That's an interesting part of the development - when I began I imagined people would usually be doing 2Frame setups or 3Frame as a BIG system. And that's partly what's kept things unavailable - current users have been expanding and that's kept me busy.

For standalone devices, yes, I've always operated on a first-come-first-served basis, but things are a little different for the modulars because it is kind of like entering into a partnership -- when someone comes 'on-board' it tends to mean a gradual process of ordering modules to fill the system. We keep it pretty personal with email conversations etc. Its constantly busy, but I actually very much like this approach and think that the system users also like it (hope so at least!).

One reason for not releasing much publicly is that this really is a standalone system (largely because no-one else does banana-frac) and I don't want 'random' people to pick up a single module and then not have the infrastructure and continuation for it.

I am gradually moving towards greater availability, but don't hold your breath just yet! All the current designs could have much of the build automated (surface mount pick & place) but I've not yet moved to doing this - we still build it all by hand here. [By that I mean -> I design and order PCBs and order all parts. My helper does most of the building - stuffing the PCBs etc, and then I finish them by testing. And, of course, all the other business stuff like emailing, shipping and faffing around!]

So, in essence - at the moment the only generally available items are the minijackers -- the thinking there is that they can fit in with the bigger Blacet systems -- though, actually, they've not exactly set the world on fire with their sales! Maybe its down to the currently limited range available, or that they're blue, or that the knobs are orientated in a sensible manner or.......

PS - I'd love a kitten sometime, though reckon I want to move to the countryside beforehand (and that's not on the cards..)
KNYST
BugBrand wrote:
We keep it pretty personal with email conversations etc. Its constantly busy, but I actually very much like this approach and think that the system users also like it (hope so at least!).

Much appreciated!!
BugBrand wrote:
Maybe its down to the currently limited range available, or that they're blue, or that the knobs are orientated in a sensible manner or.......

lol thumbs up
solitaryzen
BugBrand wrote:

So, in essence - at the moment the only generally available items are the minijackers -- the thinking there is that they can fit in with the bigger Blacet systems -- though, actually, they've not exactly set the world on fire with their sales! Maybe its down to the currently limited range available, or that they're blue, or that the knobs are orientated in a sensible manner or.......

Come on guys, the PRC5 & DD3 are awesome modules! Can't believe they are still available - please buy them so Tom can make some more modules available in this format smile
SunSpots
I would consider the mini jacks, but banana is what my modcan a is... so I want t keep things simple for patching.

Honestly, I want a whole system, but that would take me 6 months and a 4:1 ratio of luck to obtain *sigh*

really... I *really* just want 2 of the damn touch sequencers. THAT IS ALL! I will go back to my happy little world and not say another word. lol. Well, I guess I need a single case and small psu and blank pannels to fill in the rest of the case.

Well thanks Mr Bug. Thanks for responding and making a lot of people happy. Not everyone can be made happy, of course. waah

as for the kittens... they are so very cute... and friendly.... 8_)

ss
Morley
Hi Tom
It would be really cool if you could produce say a run of core modules (sources, filters, envelopes for example), so that people could get a small system and then wait for new releases. A kind of base set that can work as is but be expanded if need be.
I'd even trade a large kitten for a small setup. Deal?
BugBrand
I've always said that Bananas are THE way -- I only do a few of the Minijack versions as a way to try to i) spread some love ii) make use of the designs (Minijack being an offshoot after the banana)

Yeah, I certainly am thinking on more regular production of core modules - that's the direction I'm (gradually) heading. But, as with everything, I move in somewhat cranky/unpredictable directions regularly -- IF I just stopped everything else and focused on moving things to 'proper' production then I'm sure it would be do-able, but its currently hard to find that clear space, and so we're left with the gradually-gradually progress.
Morley
BugBrand wrote:
I've always said that Bananas are THE way -- I only do a few of the Minijack versions as a way to try to i) spread some love ii) make use of the designs (Minijack being an offshoot after the banana)

Yeah, I certainly am thinking on more regular production of core modules - that's the direction I'm (gradually) heading. But, as with everything, I move in somewhat cranky/unpredictable directions regularly -- IF I just stopped everything else and focused on moving things to 'proper' production then I'm sure it would be do-able, but its currently hard to find that clear space, and so we're left with the gradually-gradually progress.

Cool! And yes, Bananas are the way!
Brownian Lotion
I would buy a PRC3A minijack module in an instant.
Brownian Lotion
In fact, I would buy all existing minijack modules (the wave folder and the vca) if the PRC3A SV filter was among them.

How about it, Tom? hihi
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Page 1 of 1