MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Doepfer A-112 Sampler/ Wavetable Osc. Demo
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Author Doepfer A-112 Sampler/ Wavetable Osc. Demo
Navs
Rediscovering an old module:

http://navsmodularlab.blogspot.com/2011/07/doepfer-112-sampler-wavetab le-osc.html

smile
mckenic
Thanks for posting Navs! thumbs up

I would also like to say thank you for the information on your site! It has been a fantastic learning resource to me - Thank you!
shred
great demo! really enjoyed the piece with the RES-4 and wogglebug
Tombola
Hate it when a blog post costs £150
talkboxert
Nice! It's peanut butter jelly time!
mckenic
Tombola wrote:
Hate it when a blog post costs £150

applause Its only €150!

I feel the same - I stay away from Navs site when my credit card is clear!

The reverse stuff in the demo was very interesting!
Robert Moob
i hope someone comes up with a SD card mod for the A-112 we're not worthy screaming goo yo
MrDys
I hear quantization/stepping in the upper range.

</sarcasm>
mamonu
thanks for the demo!

useful and at the right time as i have a A112 coming soon...
Tomek Mirt
A112 is underrated module. I have 3. I know what i'm talking you kids get off my lawn

It just needs new editor.
weinglas
Great demo!
jenamu6
Great demo.....

new editor would be nice.
Royalston
can you do much with this module without the PC editor? (im on mac)
pipwilliams
The Gated Freeze is lovely!
Is there a chance of a mac editor port?
Tomek Mirt
Quote:
can you do much with this module without the PC editor? (im on mac)

Yes you can do almost everything! Editor is only nice add for dumping files and it gives more control over loaded wavetables. Recorded sounds not always work as good wavetable.
Navs
Cheers, guys! Always a pleasure, and an honour to know I'm your credit card's worst enemy lol

I was really surprised by the A-112 - as Tomek writes, it's an underrated module, especially given just how much you can do with it.

MrDys, I'm glad you wrote that hihi This is partly what I couldn't understand about the new Flame Knob Recorder: sure, the A-112 is crunchy as hell at slow audio speeds, but there's no stepping on recorded CVs.

Yes, you can do everything without the editor, but you'll need it to get the most out of the Wavetable mode, at least if you want to use it like a poor-man's Piston Honda/ E350. The key thing is ensuring that each page/ single waveform has a clean zero-crossing/ transition to avoid some of the clicks you get when scanning.

The Wiard Wave256 is an incredible piece of software and perfect for generating new sounds. The morph function is eek! A port to OSX of the Doepfer App would be great: the Wiard apps will run under Wine/ CodeWeaver's CrossOver (i.e. no need for Windows) so you can generate the tables with that. But I failed to get the Sample Dumper to work over MIDI under emulation (sysex is a no go under Wine) or even on XP/ Bootcamp. One thing I didn't try is recording a wavetable file via audio e.g. a two second 8-Bit recording at max frequency, simultaneously triggering the A-112's record with a gate. Not sure this would be accurate enough.

There's one thing I forgot to mention in my post: I suspect that, when modded for DC-coupling, the A-112 could also be used as a quantizer. Wave 256 has a numeric/ DC page to programme scales, I assume once loaded, you could address these 'note pages' via the Wave CV-in!
Tomek Mirt
Anyone know why there is no new editor? Is it so complicated? Maybe someone here with programming skils can do it? (hides)
mckenic
Perhaps no-one asked for one yet question

seriously, i just don't get it
Chuck E. Jesus
mckenic wrote:

i believe it's been brought up at least a few times on the doepfer list...i for one would drop a few bucks on a Win 7 compatable application...
Chuck E. Jesus
Chuck E. Jesus wrote:
mckenic wrote:

i believe it's been brought up at least a few times on the doepfer list...i for one would drop a few bucks on a Win 7 compatable application...

i searched "Win 7 midi sample dump" and see Elektron has an app (called C6 ) for W7/OSX : http://www.elektron.se/support-and-downloads

never used the Doepfer app, not sure exactly what it does, and can't test C6 atm... perhaps someone else can?
reignbear
would be cool if it got an update with a shallower build and usb Dead Banana
mckenic
The more I investigate this the cooler it seems - USB and a bump n memory would be so win!

Is it just midi dump protocol to get wavetables into this baby? As Chuck said - C6, SysEx Librarian may be able to do it on OS X and can MidiOx do dumps? Or am I thinking of Sysex as a different thing...
Navs
I tried C6 and SysEx Librarian (even converting a .256 file to RAW and then SDS format in Audacity first) - no dice :(

IIRC from the Yahoo Group, the problem is that the MIDI info needed only exists as incomplete hand-written notes. Not sure if it could be reverse-engineered.

On the expander (more memory slots, not sure about other functions) I might have a lead. Will report when I know more.
Tomek Mirt
I have one problem with mine. After switching modular on and off couple of times on writed samples some clicks emerge. Is it standard problem?
Chuck E. Jesus
Navs wrote:
I tried C6 and SysEx Librarian (even converting a .256 file to RAW and then SDS format in Audacity first) - no dice :(

IIRC from the Yahoo Group, the problem is that the MIDI info needed only exists as incomplete hand-written notes. Not sure if it could be reverse-engineered.

that's too bad, thanks for trying...

just to be sure i tried the A-112 sample loader, won't run on Win 7/64...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Page 1 of 6