MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
FINALLY! I believe I have gotten to the bottom of the invalid session and logout issues. Please continue to report your own experience in the appropriate threads in the "Forum Discussion and Requests" subforum. Thank you all for your patience and support! <3

Introducing ADDAC205 Dual Oscilloscope and AWG
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System  
Author Introducing ADDAC205 Dual Oscilloscope and AWG
__ag
Hello,

Following my beta users policy:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=38161

i want to introduce a new module
ADDAC205 Dual Oscilloscope and AWG

and it's side expansions:
ADDAC205B Oscilloscope Digital Expansion

with it's tiny oled screen, this is a powerfull and compact 4 channel dual oscilloscope and 2 channel AWG

This module features 2 independent Oscilloscopes in 10HP
each oscilloscope features:
Mixed Signal Oscilloscope (MSO) with Spectrum Analyzer and Arbitrary Waveform Generator (AWG)

Oscilloscope specifications:
2 Analog Inputs
Maximum Sampling rate: 2MSPS
Analog Bandwidth: 200kHz
Resolution: 8bits
Input Voltage Range: +/- 20V

AWG specifications:
1 Analog Output
Maximum conversion rate: 1MSPS
Analog Bandwidth: 44.1kHz
Resolution: 8bits
Output Voltage: +/- 2V

Logic Analyzer specifications:
8 Digital Inputs (available through ADDAC205B expansion)
Maximum sampling rate: 2MSPS
Internal pull up or pull down.

Displays details:
128x64 Pixels
Monochrome (White)
Display Area: 21 × 10 mm

Implemented Features accessed through Menu:
Mixed Signal Oscilloscope: Simultaneous sampling of analog and digital signals.
Advanced Trigger: Normal / Single / Auto, with rising or falling edge and adjustable trigger level.
Meter Mode: DC, Average and Frequency readout.
XY Mode (Plot Lissajous patterns or see the phase difference between two waveforms).
FFT Spectrum Analyzer with different windowing options and selectable vertical log.
Horizontal and Vertical Cursors with automatic waveform measurements.
Arbitrary Waveform Generator with Frequency Sweep.
Display options: Persistence, Different grid options, and more.

i have 3 units of this for the first 3 that get in contact with me.
Final price will be around 270€

all the very best
andre

this is how the front panels will look like:
Carci
Great work, very curious what the mini screens will look like.
It looks really tiny !
richard
wow, you really are on a roll. I could imagine having a whole row of red the way you are going. I can't quite imagine the display either - photos would be nice when you can
mmm
Based on the layout and functions, It looks like he's just using two of the same Gabotronics scope sub modules I did on my DIY module.

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35209
The XMEGA Xprotolab scope by Gabotronics is a pretty cool little module.

Really good for checking what signals are doing but, a little tough for precision calibrations. Good monitoring tool.

http://www.gabotronics.com/development-boards/xmega-xprotolab.htm
__ag
Hello all,

mmm is totally right, i'm using the XMEGA Xprotolab, and making a shell for them, like doepfer used to do with their oscilloscope...

although it is my plan to change the base firmware adding some new functions in it.

all of this will be announced in more detail further ahead!

.all the very best
andre
mmm
It's a cool little scope.

I just wish my eyes were 20 years younger seriously, i just don't get it
sneak-thief
__ag wrote:
Hello all,
although it is my plan to change the base firmware adding some new functions in it.

Just out of curiosity, the source code for the MSO firmware for the XMEGA protolap wasn't released for the public:

Code:
This is an evaluation version of the source code. This source code does not
contain the MSO application.

- http://www.gabotronics.com/download/xprotolab/xprotolab-source.zip

Are you going to license it? I know he accidentally included it once, so maybe that's where you got it from.

There have been a lot of bug-fixes since then, so caveat emptor.
__ag
New video is up!
http://vimeo.com/29122752

more soon!

all the very best
andre
hollowman
stumbled on this somehow, looks bloody ace!
Guinness ftw!
Doctor B
Hello,

Over the past few weeks, from Analogue Haven, I put together and ordered a really nice Eurorack system (with advice from Stretta and Richard Devine).

It includes your Nunchuck Controller (ADDAC302), your Complex Random Generator and Expander - (ADDAC501 & ADDAC501B), and your .WAV Player (ADDAC101). You have supposedly shipped the WAV Player to Shawn for me and I am hoping that it will arrive soon.

Today I discovered your very cool Dual Oscilloscope (ADDAC205) and I would like to purchase one.

In this post from back in July, you say you have 3.

Do you have more now?

Also, when looking at your videos on your wonderful new site, I came across you new Voltage Controller Computer. I would like to order one
of these as well - with some expander modules too.

In my Physical Computing and Circuit-Bending class at Berklee, I teach the Arduino and am especially interested in Arduino-based modules such as this.

Are they available?

As you might know, Shawn doesn't list these modules on his Analogue Haven website yet.

Can I get them from you or should I order it through Analogue Haven and have him get it for me through you?

Can I become part of your beta-test program? (I have read that post as well.)

Thanks,

Dr. B.
__ag
Hello all,

thought of posting an updated front panel photo.
also updated the website:
http://addacsystem.com/product/addac200-series/addac205-dual-oscillosc ope-awg

all the very best
andre

johnwynberg
I just got one of those ADDAC205, the little Dual Oscilloscope & AWG. Very cool and handy... I still need to expend more time with it, going through the menus, but... Is there a manual? I couldn't find any instructions in the website. I suppose it's almost self-explanatory, but, still, a page or two in PDF would be nice. I think I need to watch again that early demo of the Xprotolab...

Also, I see there are two connections for expansion... and that there is a ADDAC205B Dual Oscilloscope Digital Expansion. What exactly the expansion does or is it for?
monads
johnwynberg wrote:
I just got one of those ADDAC205....Is there a manual?

It's on the gabotronics site. ADDAC/vendors of the 205 should have this manual on their sites or a link to. I would've never have known a manual existed without further research. The manual will make sense sitting in front of your 205!

Link below

xscopes-manual
johnwynberg
monads wrote:
johnwynberg wrote:
I just got one of those ADDAC205....Is there a manual?

It's on the gabotronics site. ADDAC/vendors of the 205 should have this manual on their sites or a link to. I would've never have known a manual existed without further research. The manual will make sense sitting in front of your 205!

Link below

xscopes-manual

Ha ha ha... Thanks, but it has been more than a year since I asked that question. In that time, I found the manual, read it and forgot about it. I might check it out again, to see what exactly is the point of those digital expansions. Before releasing the module, ADDAC mentioned that they were going to make some changes to the original firmware, but if remember correctly, there is no difference between the original XScope and these ones mounted by ADACC. So, yes, the xscopes manual is the manual.
monads
lol I know, I was bumping and old thread! I just got the 205! I read this thread (manufacture & vendor sites) before purchasing and couldn't find the manual/full feature info. After purchase, I searched a little deeper and uncovered. Figured I post the manual here to help future prospect buyers thumbs up

I don't think I need the digital expansion from giving the manual a read through.
jenz
Hi,

Someone near me is selling is addac oscilloscope.

How is it? Do you recomend it?

Thanx!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System  
Page 1 of 1