MUFF WIGGLER
one billion tastes and tunes
 
 FAQ & Terms Of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Information
Please join us at NAMM! MW will be hosting a booth and we would like to invite all manufacturers small and large to join us. We are delighted to support this scene and help provide booth space for anyone who wants to show off their gear and partake in the company of the best group of folks on earth. Please email [email protected] to discuss details. Hope to see you there!



MW Radio

Search for at
MUFF WIGGLER Advanced Search
Korg Monotribe modifications thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81  Next [all]
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Korg Monotribe modifications thread
pulse_divider
triangletooth


Joined: 17 Jun 2011
Last Visit: 20 Oct 2014

Posts: 1522
Location: Akron, Ohio, USA

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:50 am    Post subject: Korg Monotribe modifications thread Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I saw there was already a thread asking about specific modifications but I can't seem to find any centralized information on what modifications are possible for the Monotribe and how to achieve them. I'm sure this info will slowly creep out as they are now shipping in large numbers and I'm hoping to have a dedicated thread to refer to as I try and muck with mine.

So, has anyone modded theirs yet?
What have you done, and how did you do it?
I have yet to figure out how to open mine, the 3 screws on the back seem to serve to hold the jack board in place, I can't figure out how to get the case open. Those of you who've had it open, how did you get the case apart?

Supposedly there are pads on the board for modding the drum sounds (a la the Bass Decay YT video) but I haven't seen a picture of the insides yet, anyone have one?

My #1 want for a mod is individual outputs for the drums and synth. Trigger outs would be nice too but I could live with audio outs and generate triggers from those.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Low-Gain
Super Deluxe Wiggler


Joined: 22 Apr 2010
Last Visit: 18 Oct 2014

Posts: 3016
Location: Minneapolis, MN

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I haven't cracked mine open yet but i fully intend to in the next few days.

Individual outputs (drums and waveforms)
Trig I/O
LFO Reset In
External LFO
to name a few... are what i'm looking for.
I'll get into the drum voicing eventually. I really like how they sound, def gotta have individual outputs though!

I'll post my findings here

_________________
-]|- Low-Gain Electronics -|[-
twitter.facebook.bandcamp.flickr.vimeo.youtube.BugBrand!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vcoadsr
Wiggling with Experience


Joined: 21 Apr 2010
Last Visit: 20 Oct 2014

Posts: 484
Location: Brighton, UK

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg Monotribe modifications thread Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

pulse_divider wrote:
I saw there was already a thread asking about specific modifications but I can't seem to find any centralized information on what modifications are possible for the Monotribe and how to achieve them. I'm sure this info will slowly creep out as they are now shipping in large numbers and I'm hoping to have a dedicated thread to refer to as I try and muck with mine.

So, has anyone modded theirs yet?
What have you done, and how did you do it?
I have yet to figure out how to open mine, the 3 screws on the back seem to serve to hold the jack board in place, I can't figure out how to get the case open. Those of you who've had it open, how did you get the case apart?

Supposedly there are pads on the board for modding the drum sounds (a la the Bass Decay YT video) but I haven't seen a picture of the insides yet, anyone have one?

My #1 want for a mod is individual outputs for the drums and synth. Trigger outs would be nice too but I could live with audio outs and generate triggers from those.


You can easily open it by lifting up the four rubber feet and you'll find the screws to take the back off.

So far I have found no markings/text that show where a CV pitch mod could be started. There is text for the drum parts but I'm less interested in those when compared against the CV Pitch control and gate.

So far it looks to be a lot more complicated to mod than the Monotron.

I will watch this thread with anticipation!

_________________
Albums & EPs: http://vcoadsr.bandcamp.com

All tracks for streaming: http://soundcloud.com/vcoadsr/

Twitter feed: http://twitter.com/vcoadsr/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Malekko
:super awesome ninja:


Joined: 20 Nov 2008
Last Visit: 20 Oct 2014

Posts: 1373

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hopefully mine gets here today~

Dinner at the Y w00t

_________________
parasitk wrote:
There are a lot of talented synth designers here, but I'm sorry to say that none of them invented the triangle.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pulse_divider
triangletooth


Joined: 17 Jun 2011
Last Visit: 20 Oct 2014

Posts: 1522
Location: Akron, Ohio, USA

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg Monotribe modifications thread Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vcoadsr wrote:


You can easily open it by lifting up the four rubber feet and you'll find the screws to take the back off.

So far I have found no markings/text that show where a CV pitch mod could be started. There is text for the drum parts but I'm less interested in those when compared against the CV Pitch control and gate.

So far it looks to be a lot more complicated to mod than the Monotron.

I will watch this thread with anticipation!


Thanks for the tip, I finally got it open! Yes, it looks like all the mod points are for the drums, but this is what I want. I'd actually be more interesting in a CV/Gate output mod, the sequencer is the fun part. Neither is really important to me, though, decay mods and individual outs will make me very happy.
Here are some pix of the insides.


Last edited by pulse_divider on Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pulse_divider
triangletooth


Joined: 17 Jun 2011
Last Visit: 20 Oct 2014

Posts: 1522
Location: Akron, Ohio, USA

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Also, just noticed that Korg is still labeling boards with the KLM prefix... I know my old PS-3100 also shared this naming convention and think most of their vintage (Lambda, PE-1000/2000, Sigma) analogs did?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
3vcos
Must have slack/modules


Joined: 15 Nov 2008
Last Visit: 20 Oct 2014

Posts: 824
Location: Hollywood, CA

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg Monotribe modifications thread Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

OOOOHHHHH

thanks for the pics. Any chance you could post some high res shots?



pulse_divider wrote:
Vcoadsr wrote:


You can easily open it by lifting up the four rubber feet and you'll find the screws to take the back off.

So far I have found no markings/text that show where a CV pitch mod could be started. There is text for the drum parts but I'm less interested in those when compared against the CV Pitch control and gate.

So far it looks to be a lot more complicated to mod than the Monotron.

I will watch this thread with anticipation!


Thanks for the tip, I finally got it open! Yes, it looks like all the mod points are for the drums, but this is what I want. I'd actually be more interesting in a CV/Gate output mod, the sequencer is the fun part. Neither is really important to me, though, decay mods and individual outs will make me very happy.
Here are some pix of the insides.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
machetemirage
Wiggling with Experience


Joined: 05 Jan 2011
Last Visit: 20 Oct 2014

Posts: 284
Location: Melbourne, FL

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would go for a monotron "modbox", a separate unit with knobs and jacks for all of that. Also, I'm hoping someone crafty will get LFO and Osc outs somehow...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pulse_divider
triangletooth


Joined: 17 Jun 2011
Last Visit: 20 Oct 2014

Posts: 1522
Location: Akron, Ohio, USA

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: Korg Monotribe modifications thread Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

3vcos wrote:
OOOOHHHHH

thanks for the pics. Any chance you could post some high res shots?



Edited for larger photos, I think that's the largest it will allow.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
andrewF
Super Deluxe Wiggler


Joined: 15 Apr 2009
Last Visit: 20 Oct 2014

Posts: 2483
Location: WA

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

nice pics, I want!
_________________
nonlinearcircuits PCBs IN STOCK

DIY stuff

DIY Wigglers compilation album on Bandcamp
DIY Wigglers compilation album on CD from kunaki
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81  Next [all]
Page 1 of 81

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum


Mark all forums read
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group