MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

modular video gear for music
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Author modular video gear for music
barto
ive had some fun with splitting a video signal generated by the LZX to some speakers. im not too familiar with modular audio gear but could i use my midi keyboard as a controller to trigger the resulting sound/video? perhaps a midi to cv interface? i would basically want to use the keyboard to send some sort of on/off to the patched signal and possibly to scale the sound/video as i go up and down on the keyboard. i think the LZX is capable of some pretty cool sounds - especially using the VBM to mix a couple "detuned" VWG's
revmutt
barto wrote:
ive had some fun with splitting a video signal generated by the LZX to some speakers. im not too familiar with modular audio gear but could i use my midi keyboard as a controller to trigger the resulting sound/video? perhaps a midi to cv interface? i would basically want to use the keyboard to send some sort of on/off to the patched signal and possibly to scale the sound/video as i go up and down on the keyboard. i think the LZX is capable of some pretty cool sounds - especially using the VBM to mix a couple "detuned" VWG's

Yes you can use a MIDI keyboard and you would need a MIDI to cv converter.

As far as specifics in terms of what you want to do you might be best off with a multi channel converter since you would need to be sending different messages with different note ranges out of several channels.

The short answer is is yes, the better answer would include "with experimentation"
lizlarsen
Yep, any CV source is a valid candidate for patching into your video synthesizer directly. The "Voltage Interface I" is designed to make it easy to scale the minimum and maximum values of whatever the external CV or audio source is, to a 0 to 1V range (representing 0% to 100% brightness.)

A midi-to-CV could come in useful in other ways too -- like using a MIDI sequencer instead of or in addition to a keyboard.
barto
thanks! i have the voltage interface I and have so far just experimented with an external audio source modulating a patch on the LZX. the difference there is that the video/sound is still going even when i dont have a key held down on the keyboard
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Page 1 of 1