MUFF WIGGLER
you'll find what you're looking for, life's like that

FAQ & Terms Of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Information
Please join us at NAMM! MW will be hosting a booth and we would like to invite all manufacturers small and large to join us. We are delighted to support this scene and help provide booth space for anyone who wants to show off their gear and partake in the company of the best group of folks on earth. Please email [email protected] to discuss details. Hope to see you there!

MW Radio

Search for at
MUFF WIGGLER Advanced Search
And yet another euro player.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author And yet another euro player.
mantiwhore
Veteran Wiggler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:39 pm    Post subject: And yet another euro player. Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://www.alyseum.com/product_MS-812.php

Popski
The Cake is a Pie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

how dare they clearly label the power connections!!

goes against tradition

pulplogic
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is interesting. Any idea what the CV resolution is?

Popski wrote:
how dare they clearly label the power connections!!

goes against tradition

You better label it when you put -12V at the top.

asterisk
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

interesting.
Junk Rhythm
Big Bottom Shaker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
The Alyseum MS-812 is an embedded computer Board, using Ethernet network to Convert MIDI or CopperLan messages to CV and digital control voltages as used in modular and analog synthesizers.

This first Alyseum product dedicated to modular synthesizers offers 8 CV outputs and 12 digital outputs.

A SYNC24 interface is included as an alternative function on digital output jacks.

MS-812 are supplied ready to use, the actual linking is managed via the CopperLan Manager software. This freeware tool is also used to monitor the status of all CopperLan computers and equipment. The module can be controlled from any computer anywhere in the network.

The MS-812 is built around a powerful 32-bit processor offering 120 DMIPS.

Features in MIDI mode

Modular MIDI interface to 8 CV Out and 12 Digital output.
100% MIDI compatible via CopperLan.
Free assignment of MIDI channels and controllers.
Full MIDI range (128 notes= 0 to plus 10 Volts 2/3).
Multiple simultaneous clock outputs.
MIDI to SYNC 24 converter.
100 Base-T Ethernet interface.
Auto-MDIX allows using straight-trough or cross-over UTP cable.

Features in CopperLan mode
Same as above, plus:

Full CopperLan pitch range = from minus 10 Volts 2/3 to plus 10 Volts 2/3.
Octal high-resolution converter - 16 bits (Analog Device).
Each CV Out can be used as note, setting or modulation.
Each DIG Out can be assigned as a Gate, Clock, Reset, control, ...
VoiceID management.

pulplogic wrote:
This is interesting. Any idea what the CV resolution is?

Looks to be 16-bits.

jfloftin
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Interesting device...
stk
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Very interesting

dust songs 2xlp/cd/digital out 12/2014 on denovali | soundcloud | antisound.net
mamonu
90s ambient miscreant!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

and whats more....
frac too...
very nice smile

the gods of modular are smiling upon us...
blz
Ultra Wiggler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

desire/lust rising........

http://waveformcity.blogspot.com/

I beat my brain tumor that makes me indestructible right???
Junk Rhythm
Big Bottom Shaker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Listed for 399.00 at Schneidersladen
JJ
Veteran Wiggler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This video describes copperlan quite nicely:

Yeuky
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You just totally stole a module I've been working on for 3 months.

Anyhoo, looks great! applause
paults
mice nuts

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I will make a guess the DAC is this part:

http://www.analog.com/static/imported-files/data_sheets/AD5629R_5669R. pdf

Which according to specs is ~ 14bit accuracy on average, could be 12-bits if you get a 'bad one'. Should be fine for most folks.

True 16-bit accurate DACs are about $15 each. For 1 output Dead Banana

You can of course mux that if you also hold the signal path to that accuracy over temp (which is also expensive, requires 0.1% low ppm resistors and low DC drift op amps like a AD822).
Matos
Modular masturbator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Copperlan is pretty interesting. This is the first I've heard of such a technology. Peter kirn should write up an overview to explain the possibilities.
SMS303
Tha BABELFISH Wiggler...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Matos wrote:
This is the first I've heard of such a technology. Peter kirn should write up an overview to explain the possibilities.

+1.... and some realtime use vids, please cool

Do i understand the possibillities well:
it does work like Doepfer's MCV24 but,
it ain't use MIDI but LAN connection directly from your computer which sent control data from Ableton/Cubase/etc?

there's so many delicious sweetness in the modular candyshop....
can't have them all Dead Banana

http://nl.electrobel.org/SMS303, https://soundcloud.com/sms303, http://www.mixcloud.com/SMS303/, http://www.flickr.com/photos/sms303/
ignatius
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

what are the digital outputs all about? i'm missing something.

MuffShop Agent with a sense of humor
Junk Rhythm
Big Bottom Shaker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ignatius wrote:

Most likely gates/triggers/clock.

Yeuky wrote:
You just totally stole a module I've been working on for 3 months.

Anyhoo, looks great! applause

There is always room for more. Guinness ftw!

ignatius
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Junk Rhythm wrote:
ignatius wrote:

Most likely gates/triggers/clock.

ok. that makes sense. i got thrown my the labeling i guess.

MuffShop Agent with a sense of humor
asterisk
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i wonder if this thing can do more discrete CV steps in copperlan mode than in midi mode?
also, would be interested to see if this module would work with max/msp.
mr chombee
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Great module. I just wish it also had some CV/gate inputs.
JJ
Veteran Wiggler

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There is an very informative discussion about CopperLan on KVR:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=296783&start=0&postdays= 0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Ankh
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The product descriptions are bordering on too technical. So can this be used with say Silent Way, or is all it does convert MIDI to CV through some virtual MIDI port? Or is it something else entirely? seriously, i just don't get it
poladark
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love the idea...

But... from a purely technical standpoint.... There doesn't seem to be a public document specifying the protocol - yet they claim that the CopperLAN protocol is "open". Not using IP seems like a serious disadvantage. How are you supposed to use this with existing network infrastructure? Can i use my enterprise class Cisco switches and routers with CopperLAN? What if i want to collaborate with a person downstairs or in a different office? The advantage of using Ethernet with CopperLAN is not so obvious if I'd have to design a physically separate network to use it.

If i wanted to invest in CopperLAN audio infrastructure it would need to be a technically sound solution.
JJ
Veteran Wiggler

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Download the copperlan software and try, it's free.
jln
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I must say I am really excited by this product. I saw a demo (including a midi->CV prototype) quite some time ago during a conference at Ircam in Paris and it was veeeery impressive.

asterisk wrote:

also, would be interested to see if this module would work with max/msp.

This will work with Max using Midi ports.

Actually, a CopperLan external was even developed within the Plateforme Virage. THIS is the real deal as it not only allows send/receiving values but also building and querying the network of CopperLan devices, etc. The bad news is although the external is still available from here, it is currently broken since some changes in the CopperLan SDK.

I think it is also worth mentioning that there has been some discussion/desire to develop or port such an external as a plugin for the upcoming 0.6 implementation of Jamoma Modular in Max. Just hope some dev will jump in to make it happen soon.
jupiter8
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been reading a lot about this the last few days and it is really interesting.
I'm a bit miffed by yet another standard but this one seem to be gaining ground really quick. There's already 2 standards for midi over ethernet but i guess you need something new to finally break away from midi. But then there's OSC but that doesn't seem to gain any momentum for the moment.

I haven't really tried it but i believe you can bridge from say rtpmidi to CopperLan quite easily if you want to. To the computer they're just midi ports like any other.

And now answer time:
poladark wrote:
I love the idea...

But... from a purely technical standpoint.... There doesn't seem to be a public document specifying the protocol - yet they claim that the CopperLAN protocol is "open".

You can apply for a freeware yada yada yada and you get access to the format. I did yesterday but haven't really looked into it yet.
poladark wrote:
Not using IP seems like a serious disadvantage. How are you supposed to use this with existing network infrastructure? Can i use my enterprise class Cisco switches and routers with CopperLAN? What if i want to collaborate with a person downstairs or in a different office? The advantage of using Ethernet with CopperLAN is not so obvious if I'd have to design a physically separate network to use it.

If i wanted to invest in CopperLAN audio infrastructure it would need to be a technically sound solution.

You need not worry. It can coexist on an existing network so no problems there.
asterisk wrote:
i wonder if this thing can do more discrete CV steps in copperlan mode than in midi mode?

That is kinda the point behind CopperLan so i'd be really surprised if that is not the case.
poladark
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

jupiter8 wrote:
You can apply for a freeware yada yada yada and you get access to the format. I did yesterday but haven't really looked into it yet.

Registered for that now as well. Doesn't appear to be any "Non-Disclosure Agreement" to sign, thankfully. If the network protocol is sound, I'd love to give programming this a go. MIDI never was very flexible :(

jupiter8 wrote:
It can coexist on an existing network so no problems there.

Maybe I'm overthinking this. Coexisting on an existing network is great - but routing is done on the IP level. If there is no IP protocol, then the protocol will get as far as a switch, but it won't get past a router. If that is the case however, something like VLAN tagging might work for bigger networks... possibly.
Endosine
Tamahagane Modular

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

poladark wrote:

Maybe I'm overthinking this. Coexisting on an existing network is great - but routing is done on the IP level. If there is no IP protocol, then the protocol will get as far as a switch, but it won't get past a router. If that is the case however, something like VLAN tagging might work for bigger networks... possibly.

Much like TCP or UDP can both run at the same time on a network, so can CopperLAN. They wrote their own protocol to get the great user experience of ZeroConf (automatic device discovery) and extremely low latentcy. If they had built it using TCP/IP the latency would be too high/irregular for realtime data. You probably wouldn't see CopperLAN beyond a router unless the router was aware of the protocol and passed it on. There is a large broadcast aspect to the protocol so I don't think having the router pass it would generally be a good thing. It's not intended to be a "over the internet" thing, just a local area tool. The Jazzmutant Lemur and some other OSC devices often routed over UDP to get away from the overhead of TCP and help things be closer to realtime. The tradeoff there was UDP has no handling of "lost packets" or handshaking, so if you are on a busy network UDP can have troubles.

/past life as an IT guy

As a synth nerd the new module looks really interesting...

no-fi

Location: Australia - land of the greedy bogan peasant idiot.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like this - I have a spare ethernet port on my PC, but no spare adat lightpipe... keen to hear about how well it works and see the results of timing tests
mateo
Ultra Wiggler

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's worth looking at the manual for more info:

http://www.alyseum.com/downloads/ALYSEUM_MS-812%20_Eurorack__User's%20 Manual%20no%20SW_V1.3_EN.pdf
poladark
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's starting to feel like I'm playing the Devil's Advocate here. I really do think it's a cool technology but there are some things that make me doubt the flexibility of this solution.

Endosine wrote:
If they had built it using TCP/IP the latency would be too high/irregular for realtime data.
This is simply not true in the context of CopperLAN. In the financial trading sector people are counting nanoseconds and they still rely on IP. IP, UDP and TCP aren't without problems when you need truly real time and low latency network performance - but then it probably doesn't make sense to use Ethernet to begin with. The sort of data rates and latency and sensitivity to jitter that we're talking about for typical CopperLAN usage doesn't even come close to maximizing the potential of IP.

So it just doesn't make sense...

I'm starting to suspect that what CopperLAN wants to do is to lock their users into an isolated platform so that the users will be forced to purchase CopperLAN-licenced technologies. This might not actually be a bad thing in itself but if the protocol is not IP-based (like ISCSI for instance) i think they're in for a bumpy ride.

Endosine wrote:
There is a large broadcast aspect to the protocol so I don't think having the router pass it would generally be a good thing. It's not intended to be a "over the Internet" thing, just a local area tool. The Jazzmutant Lemur and some other OSC devices often routed over UDP to get away from the overhead of TCP and help things be closer to real-time. The trade-off there was UDP has no handling of "lost packets" or handshaking, so if you are on a busy network UDP can have troubles.
Well the "problem with UDP" there is how the network infrastructure is set up. Set it up properly, and this will not be a problem. If you are overloading your network infrastructure and as a consequence are suffering from degraded performance, then you are doing something wrong.

I agree that sending data over the Internet is a bad idea if you care about the shape of your data once it's received. Still, why limit yourself?

Endosine wrote:
/past life as an IT guy
/current life as an IT guy who has to spend too much time thinking about this sort of bothersome stuff all day long :(
Endosine
Tamahagane Modular

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's possible they built it to lock people in, I don't really know their motives. I met with them at Musik Messe and I was asking them why this instead of OSC. They brought up the usual, no common definitions thing, but they didn't totally convince me.

With HFT they do have sub milisecond response times but they are also on fiber networks with high end modern routers and switches that are co-located with the data providers. A far cry from your average musician's home network with a $50 Linksys. Opposite ends of the network spectrum really. TCP/IP has a fair overhead and in my testing I've found going to UDP does improve the timing when you are relying on the network to deliver clock.

Someone is always coming up with something new, one of the great things about the modern age. At the end of the day if the Alyseum / CopperLAN setup solves someones problems it's a good thing to have them in the market.

The funniest part of the whole thing was the look on the Alyseum guys face when I asked him if he knew about Muff Wigglers...

daverj
Vintage Video Wiggler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Even if it's not what everybody fantasizes it could be, it still:

- uses a transformer isolated interface that can drive a signal across any room or stage without introducing any ground loops or hum

- uses a high speed interface that is orders of magnitude faster than midi

- uses a physical interface built into pretty much any computer made in the past 5 years, and many even older

poladark
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it's cool hardware. That AL-88 MIDI interface/patchbay/merge looks nice as well.
mono-poly
Le Cheff

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Seems interesting.

http://www.mono-poly.nl
http://www.noodlebar.org

WTB blue lantern purple vco
CopperPhil
Learning to Wiggle

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I have some comments to post here :-)

mr chombee wrote:
Great module. I just wish it also had some CV/gate inputs.

We have prototyped a lot of things related to high resolution capture/rendering, and of course a "CV/Gate to CopperLan" board. We used it to demonstrate a Theremin controlling an analog synth through Ethernet cable (shown at Ircam, Paris). Do not know if Alyseum is planning to make such box, it'll probably depend on the success of its first products ;-)

Ankh wrote:
The product descriptions are bordering on too technical. So can this be used with say Silent Way, or is all it does convert MIDI to CV through some virtual MIDI port? Or is it something else entirely? seriously, i just don't get it

MIDI is translated to/from high resolution CopperLan messages. So it is possible to control CopperLan stuff from MIDI, and the opposite. CV devices are natively CopperLan, designed to handle high resolution/speed messages. So, controlling it from MIDI implies a 128 step resolution of course.

poladark wrote:
... There doesn't seem to be a public document specifying the protocol - yet they claim that the CopperLAN protocol is "open". Not using IP seems like a serious disadvantage. How are you supposed to use this with existing network infrastructure? Can i use my enterprise class Cisco switches and routers with CopperLAN? What if i want to collaborate with a person downstairs or in a different office? The advantage of using Ethernet with CopperLAN is not so obvious if I'd have to design a physically separate network to use it. ...

The CopperLan protocol is quite complex, far far away from implementing MIDI. It is plug&play, zero config, it provide automatic synchronization between control panels and remote devices, full setup save/restore, human friendly (everything is named), etc... so we offer to developers a complete framework with an important abstraction layer to facilitate CopperLan application programming. All the network management is automatically handled by the framework, developers just have to concentrate on their business without having to understand how it works inside. But, yes, CopperLan is "open" to the manufacturers through a consortium. We have to ensure the perenity of CopperLan, even we disappear. We do not want to lock the market, we are working for a long time to be able to offer a new unified communication solution for MI & pro-audio/sound & lights & everything on the stage. It's a private initiative, we do not depend on big manufacturers but we work with them for years to ensure that we have THE solution for their future needs. CopperLan is based on today's technology and is designed to evoluate, following the technical innovations while offering retrofit compatibility (as we did with MIDI). It is definitively not something to "lock" people with an expensive solution. CopperLan is cheap for manufacturers (and free if you make freeware) and development cost is reduced thanks to the framework doing most of the job.
Not using IP is something we decided a few years ago. CopperLan, it is 10 years of R&D. We tried a lot of things before the current implementation. We tried of course IP communication. But we leave it in order to be able to offer a real plug&play/no config/high performance network. The CopperLan Protocol can coexist with any other protocol on an Ethernet cable (even pro-audio) and do not need specific Ethernet hardware. It is based on MAC address, so yes indeed it can't pass through routers as is. But the target scope of CopperLan is a LAN, not a WAN. However it is possible to pass through VPN connection (after having enabled the protocol), but latency is usually too high for real-time performance (music) while it's ok for command/control/maintenance operations.

So this is my first pack of (long) comments :-) Do not hesitate if you have any question about CopperLan, I'm here to give you answers ;-)

facebook CopperLan page
official web site
my youtube channel
CopperPhil
Learning to Wiggle

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

paults wrote:
I will make a guess the DAC is this part:

http://www.analog.com/static/imported-files/data_sheets/AD5629R_5669R. pdf

Which according to specs is ~ 14bit accuracy on average, could be 12-bits if you get a 'bad one'. Should be fine for most folks.

True 16-bit accurate DACs are about $15 each. For 1 output Dead Banana

You can of course mux that if you also hold the signal path to that accuracy over temp (which is also expensive, requires 0.1% low ppm resistors and low DC drift op amps like a AD822).

I can confirm that real 16 bits DAC are used in the MS-812.

facebook CopperLan page
official web site
my youtube channel

Last edited by CopperPhil on Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total
CopperPhil
Learning to Wiggle

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The MS-812 Emulator is available from the Alyseum web site (http://alyseum.com).

Feel free to download it, so you can try the product before buying! cool

The Emulator is running exactly the same code than the hardware MS-812, but you just have analog and digital output feedback from the graphical user interface, of course...

You can edit all the parameters from the CopperLan Manager's editor, and you can also try the free pitch (continuous scale instead of note based) with the XYController (http://sourceforge.net/projects/xycontroller/files). It is also possible to connect MIDI channels from to MS-812 performance inputs, same for clocks.

Let me know if you need additional information :-)

facebook CopperLan page
official web site
my youtube channel
poppinger
Veteran Wiggler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

CopperPhil wrote:
The MS-812 Emulator is available from the Alyseum web site (http://alyseum.com).

Very cool looking product.

However, I will never ever understand why people disable right-clicking on websites. It seems to exist solely to make a site more irritating to use.
withakay
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Whilst I think this is cool and has some uses, I think for the average wiggler (or me, at least) it is a pretty expensive way to get a CV from your computer to your modular and at low midi resolution :(

For 399 you could pick up a cheap interface with adat or s/pdif and get an ES-3/4. With these options you get sample accurate timing and much higher resolution using your daw's automation and Silent Way DC versus sending 7 bit midi controllers.

The major benefits of the Aleyseum seem to be that you can use existing ethernet cables and run long cable lengths (as far as I can tell). Maybe I am missing the point...

withakay
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If there were a module we could send 16bit signals to output as CV, that would change things imho Rockin' Banana!
AlyseumSupport
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:08 pm    Post subject: There it is Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

withakay wrote:
If there were a module we could send 16bit signals to output as CV, that would change things imho Rockin' Banana!

What is the data source you would like to connect ?
Because the MS-812 is precisely about receiving data in up to 16-bit resolution.

asterisk
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

let me get this straight.
if you use it in midi mode, resolution is limited to 128 steps right?
if you can use it in copperlan mode (which I'm still not sure how or what software to use as a controller on the computer) the resolution is very high and can accept lots of data and fast data?

max/msp object would be ideal for me to directly interface with copperlan. I hope someone runs with that.
to me this module seems pretty useless if you are just using it at midi resolution.....
A Dingleberry Monstrosity
eat the kids first

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

that front panel is about as interesting as a bowl of chicken broth.

I LIKE ART
withakay
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: There it is Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

AlyseumSupport wrote:
withakay wrote:

What is the data source you would like to connect ?
Because the MS-812 is precisely about receiving data in up to 16-bit resolution.

Basically Silent Way for CopperLan.

jln
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

asterisk wrote:

max/msp object would be ideal for me to directly interface with copperlan. I hope someone runs with that.

I highly second that ! This would be great. Actually, this is the main reason I have been holding off going the CopperLan route.

(Alternatively), being able to send OSC-like message would be great.

Just my 2 wishes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Alyseum All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 5

Jump to: