MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

SeQueakaBeat, BugMod Jam audio recording.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Author SeQueakaBeat, BugMod Jam audio recording.
dan_p
Been a while since I've done anything due to too much work.

Anyway, had a jam with a fun patch I made and did a quick recording.
Its all 100% BugModular and just a little reverb from a Cathedral pedal. No editing or computer tomfoolery other than fades at the start and end.

[s]http://soundcloud.com/dan_p/sequeakabeat[/s]

Just did a single take and there are a few mistakes but it doesn't matter realy, just for a laugh and all that.

The patch is pretty big so no complete notes but there was a neat trick I found for the snare. I made the hats with the Weevil through a high pass filter to a VCA (VCA opened with ENV1. To get the snare I patched the gate (reversed through a mixer) that I wanted the snare on to the Cutoff CV of the High pass (it just lowers the cut off to make a snare sound instead of a high hat sound). I think it worked a treat?
darenager
Nice!

If you don't want to tie up a Weevil doing hihats you can also use a Utility VCO square out into Divisions and the mix the output to a hpf (/2,/3,/5,/7 for example) works pretty well thumbs up
radams
Nice groove Dan Guinness ftw!
BananaPlug
Bubble jump croak and swoop. And the snare/hat is great too. nanners
jfloftin
BugModular rocks!
Art
Great rhythm going there! Rockin' Banana! Now where is the banana drummer icon?
miditerranean
That was great! I think this kind of track would be a great candidate for the potential BugModRec vinyl comp. applause
a100user
Nice one Dan, good tip on the hat and snare patch along with Daren's suggestion for the hats means I'll have a crack at this dance thing wink
BugBrand
Banger DanP as always.
(glad you've had at least a smidgen of time to play given your busys)
Good for me to pick up tips like Daren's Divisions -- just what I need to be incorporating for a live show next weekend.
dan_p
Thanks all Guinness ftw!

I realy enjoyed this patch and it was great to get more than 10 minutes with the system for a change. I should of spent more time trying to record a decent take but I think you get the idea of it.

Don't know if anyone else finds this but, I recorded this patch the morning after I built it. To my ears it sounded the same in the morning when I switched it on as it did in the evening, I find this with the BugMod. I can't remember the Euro system doing that, it allways sounded different. Or is it just my imagination?

BugBrand FTW SlayerBadger!
miditerranean
dan_p wrote:

Don't know if anyone else finds this but, I recorded this patch the morning after I built it. To my ears it sounded the same in the morning when I switched it on as it did in the evening, I find this with the BugMod. I can't remember the Euro system doing that, it allways sounded different. Or is it just my imagination?

BugBrand FTW SlayerBadger!

Yeah, I noticed that as well with my eurorack system but maybe it was the beer! or Rasta-nana
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Page 1 of 1