MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Postcard Weevil Percussion Experiments
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Author Postcard Weevil Percussion Experiments
eyehue
I have been a fan of Bugbrand's work for at least a few years now. I am usually a DIYer, and have built a few circuits similar to the Postcard Weevil, but I was totally drawn to its compact elegance. I was so attracted to the sleek design of the Postcard Weevil, I gave in and bought one and I am very pleased with my purchase. I have many plans on how to use this instrument with my setup, but was so pleased with the initial percussion experiments that I wanted to share them. These experiments have inspired me to further explore clocking ideas with the Postcard Weevil and have also convinced me to purchase a Board weevil when they are available again.

http://vesicapiscis.ochlo.com/eyehue-PostcardWeevilPercussionExperimen tA.mp3

http://vesicapiscis.ochlo.com/eyehue-PostcardWeevilPercussionExperimen tB.mp3

These are so much more than cute noise makers!

oh yea, these experiments are live takes with stereo separation, EQ and compression, no overdubbing.
KNYST
GREAT, man! w00t
Did you use a standalone (diy?) clocking device, or did you mod the PCW itself?
BugBrand
Wow, thanks - those recordings are AMAZING! I can just about recognise that they're coming from a Postcard, but they sound like pumping drum machines - really nice! Nice weird snare sound, ain't it?!!
peh
fantastic sounds! love to hear more hyper
bar|none
Really impressive. The Weevil Kit. When is the sample library being released? wink

Same question, are you doing anything special to clock it? Light input or something?

I have an AudioWeevil08 which is awesome as well.

@Tom
Any chance for a board weevil for DIY'ers where you could put it in your own case and mount the controls yourself + external contact pad. I personally would do some fun stuff with that.
eyehue
Thanks for the kind words everyone!

No external clock or any sync source. Just a rhythm dialed in on the Postcard Weevil recorded straight to the computer. Then added stereo separation, EQ and compression. There is quite a bit to be revealed with minor adjustments of those pots. There are no mods on my Weevil, except that I added knobs (small Radio Shack / PAiA style) to help with small movements on the pots. I found a small but really sweet spot for getting that snare sound, it sounds better than some drum modules I own!

Thanks for such a dope machine Bugbrand!
vurt
wow!
i already love my postcard weevil, but this is the kind of thing that would have me reaching for the paypal link
awesome sounds indeed!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Page 1 of 1