MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Bugs cry out
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Author Bugs cry out
BananaPlug
Here's an excerpt from last night's explorations.
Straight from the box to the recorder.
About 3MB of MP3
Blue Wail

Not 100% BugBrand

but has a blue heart.
radams
Nice selection of textures - your right about the wailing !!! Good dynamics and spacing Guinness ftw!
otoskope
Yeah, beautiful sparse textures and very organic gestures. Reminds me of some old classic electronic music. Don't know which, though.
a100user
Nice, especially the scifi whales
otoskope
Was that modcan CV recorder involved in making this? I'm sort of interested in how it is to work with, in a bugbrand environment.
BananaPlug
otoskope wrote:
Was that modcan CV recorder involved in making this? I'm sort of interested in how it is to work with, in a bugbrand environment.

It's not really any different than in a Modcan environment. In this case I'm looping audio with it. At the beginning you can easily pick out the repeats, some playing around with end points and backwards playback. After the screaming part the stuff that sounds like tape manipulation is the CVR, very slow, then fast.

The 4 CVR tracks and processing fill a lot of the space. There's just two voices. FM'd oscillator pair to Tom's LPG & delay and the screamy thing. A little submix of mostly CVR tracks goes through a frequency shifter to a Blacet Time machine's modulated-delay/lopass effect. Another submix feeds Doepfer reverb. Tom's stereo output module puts those together with dry signals and out it goes. Can anybody guess the three modules in the screamy thing? Two are BugBrand.
tragedybysyntax
this is infriggincredible. I LOVE IT!!!!!!! I so want a bugbrand rack...... jesus.
BugBrand
BananaPlug wrote:
It's not really any different than in a Modcan environment. ...
...Can anybody guess the three modules in the screamy thing? Two are BugBrand.

Cool!

For the Modcan - does it not matter that Modcans have a voltage spec of 5v p-to-p compared with bug 10v p-to-p? Good work Bruce if the CV Recorder is happy with both!

Guess - well, I think there's some touch going on (CTL1 or 2) - fluid control and I heard some slight vibrato/wobble
I thought it had a slightly grainy nature so was thinking PRC2 BugCrusher, but don't think you have one in the setup..
One part made me think SYN1 Weevil

So, that's my guesses - SYN1 and CTL1/2 - no clue what the third could be..
BananaPlug
BugBrand wrote:
For the Modcan - does it not matter that Modcans have a voltage spec of 5v p-to-p compared with bug 10v p-to-p? Good work Bruce if the CV Recorder is happy with both!

Good point! Actually its range is from -5 to +5. I'm so used to mixing different gear that I just think of voltage spans as yet another module characteristic. In practice, given that most CV inputs are adjustable and full scale modulation is not used much, an attenuator upstream of the CVR is usually enough.

BugBrand wrote:
Guess - well, I think there's some touch going on (CTL1 or 2) - fluid control and I heard some slight vibrato/wobble
I thought it had a slightly grainy nature so was thinking PRC2 BugCrusher, but don't think you have one in the setup..
One part made me think SYN1 Weevil
So, that's my guesses - SYN1 and CTL1/2 - no clue what the third could be..

Nope. The wobbly fluid control is a Walking Stick ribbon controller (plus comparator & track and hold). The three main modules are the blue E350 (It's blue so I counted it as BugBrand), PRC5 Wavefolder, A124 Wasp filter. The wavefolder and wasp together are really complex and wonderfully prone to going berserk. About the only thing I like about the wasp is that it does very strange things when resonance and signal level pass some threshold. The Wavefolder brings that out nicely as the folding increases. What seems like a touch response is probably the effect of having the VCA upstream of the folder/wasp combo and using rather a lot of reverb. Transients from the sharp attack and possibly the response time of the track and hold get distorted and hang in the reverb long enough for you to notice them. My CTL-2 was doing other things but really ought to be repatched to control folds and Fc.
hellohihowareyou
Those sounds are ace, man.
KNYST
Nice one, BananaPlug thumbs up
indexofmetals
very enjoyable, I like how you get a lot out of just a few modules.
dan_p
Really great BananaPlug thumbs up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Page 1 of 1