MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

I love my Frac modules
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author I love my Frac modules
Cybananna
They're just great. I have a nice Euro system too and there are still modules in Frac that just can't be replaced. The improbability Drive, Klangwerk (sure there's plenty of other ring mods, but just one Klanwerk!), Hex Zone, and the Frac Frequensteiner is just insane.

It's a shame that Frac lost steam. Unfortunately, I'm part of the problem, I just haven't had the need to buy many Frac modules for some time. There's a couple I'd like to get but I don't needthem.

That's all, just wanted to say how much I still love them.
emergencyofstate
I've been supporting the frac industry.

once you go frac you never go back bitches.
Cybananna
I've been supporting! just not lately. 5 full Blacet racks and a 6th with 4 1/2 free spaces. Eventually I'll get a Binary Zone and another Improbability Drive (that will make 3).
emergencyofstate
I'd say you've been "supporting" too! I'm the slow poke but I'm kind of enjoying taking my time.

but soon I've got a Metalbox Gate Sequencer, Dual Drum, Dual Chime and more bugbrand on the way! Also my first Noisering hyper hyper
scozbor
when I have more free cash I will certainly be buying more blacet. I still don't have the improbability drive and it's right up top of my list. The super VCA also looks essential and I'm still very tempted by the time machine 2.

I'm actually glad to not be participating in the 'crack race. 8_)

Blacet rocks and I can't wait to see what he comes up with in the years to come!
tIB
frac is great, love the blacet, metalbox and bug corner of my studio... im out of space in both frac and euro but im drawn to addng more frac in the future (not euro). Having real difficulties bringing myself to sell a couple of frac modules, so i guess expansion is inevitable!

Of course, the real goal would be to add more bug... that way i could fit the blacet i dont want to sell back in the rack. thumbs up
e-grad
Fully agree Blacet is great.

Blacet plus the recent Synthtech modules in Frac makes an outstanding system. If I'd not be in DIY I'd only miss a dedicated LPG in Frac with mini jacks. I'm not sure whether Bug Brand produces a non-banana LPG.
tIB
^ we should start a campaign! (I dont think it can be adapted to minijack but bug LPG is one of my three missing modules in my mini-bug processing rig.)
Ekofisk
The old Bugbrand lpg came in minijack format. I had one, but modded it to bananas once I saw the light. Sold it to someone later, though.

I would think there still are some minijack Bug lpgs out there.
BugBrand
Yeah, any orig. modules are very easy to swap between minijack and banana (the true path!) but it is nigh on impossible on any of the recent designs (rev.2 updates, for example) - anything that uses SMD and parallel PCBs has very specific layouts and so there's no way to swap over in such cases.
e-grad
Since there's no built LPG commercially available in Frac John should design one. I'm sure he'd come up with something nice.

Having 8 LPGs (plus some more in the pipeline eek! ) I'm not in the market for more LPGs yet I'm sure others are.
tIB
Heh, I have 8 lgs too but could always use a bug one. Eyes peeled for an O
Oldie then.
rezzn8r
emergencyofstate wrote:
Also my first Noisering hyper hyper

Congrats! The NR is one of my favourite modules. The Binary Zone is right up there, too.
Much love for Frac here love
zerosum
I love my Frac system love Lotsa Love Hug
It is the heart of my system, every patch starts at the Frac then expands out to the others.

Years ago I made plans to get a banana frac going....
It hasn't happened yet, but it is still going to happen someday, I just have too many other distractions right now I need to focus on.

This year I finally started on the bananasonix, so bananaFrac shouldn't be toooo far away.... I hope hmmm.....
vav
I've been thinking about adding a row of Frac so i can get the Improbablity Drive and a few other odds n ends.
thetwlo
yes, still hanging on to a time machine, mini-wave, motm 1485(GX) and metalbox/cgs wave mult.
But i do miss the binary zone and a few others, at least the Wiard have been replaced by Malekko.
Cat-A-Tonic
Still deeply in love with my Frac rig.

Favorites of the format include:

BugBrand BugBrand! :
- Dual LPG (delicious)
- PT Delay (frequently used x2)
- Touch Panel (interface!)
- Attack Decay (with normalled shape controls)
- VCA/Drive (surprisingly fits just right in many applications)

MOTM:
- Dual VCA (best VCA I've heard aside from Metasonix R51)
- Ladder VCF (transistor hearts)
- GX VCF (Jekyl & Hyde)

Blacet Blacet :
- Micro LFO (with rate switch)
- EG1 (so flexible, and fully modded)
- VCO (great sound, rounder than Cwejman, nice as LFO too)
- Window Comparator (half width panel, very handy tool)
- Mixer Processor (half width panel)
- Bar Graph (so useful for getting scaling and offsets perfect)
- Binary Zone (so immediate)
- Hex Zone (programmable sequential switching)
- Improbability Drive (with external input and scale select mods)
- Klangwerk (with carrier/wave-folder output mod)

MetalBox:
- Divider & Logic (essential for rhythm work)
Cybananna
I just ordered my 3rd Improbability Drive and a second Klangwerk kits. help
emergencyofstate
the random on my new bugbrand SEQ1 has been blowing my mind! LOVE It's motherfucking bacon yo
Babaluma
mine's all about to go up for sale (please no queue jumping...), i love it but i love mastering more wink might keep one rack full for wibbling about on though.
DGTom
I'm a couple modules shy of my 2nd 9U full suitcase, which is about 2/3rds BugBrand w00t w00t

I love frac love
zerosum
DGTom wrote:
I'm a couple modules shy of my 2nd 9U full suitcase, which is about 2/3rds BugBrand w00t w00t

I love frac love

Nanners It's peanut butter jelly time!

I guess that would be:
It's peanut butter jelly time! Blacet
pulse_divider
Cat-A-Tonic wrote:

I'm amazed at how useful I find this module. I bought a used Frac lot that included 4 and my first reaction was that I would never use them and probably turn around and flip them. It turns out I use all of them, and pretty much all of the time.
I'd love to see a Mk.2 version with a buffered mult instead of the passive one, but when splitting 2 ways it's not really an issue anyway.
Cat-A-Tonic
pulse_divider wrote:
Cat-A-Tonic wrote:

I'm amazed at how useful I find this module. I bought a used Frac lot that included 4 and my first reaction was that I would never use them and probably turn around and flip them. It turns out I use all of them, and pretty much all of the time.

Yeah.
I only have one, but I didn't expect it to be nearly as useful as it is.
I often have to process CVs from the Eurorack stuff (that is all over the place voltage-wise) through either the VCA Quad Mix channel D for gain and offset, or Mixer Processor scale and offset.
The Bar Graph is key for viewing the voltage and getting it perfectly tuned for modulating things in Frac or in even back in the (crazy, mixed up) Euro.

That is one of the things that is better about Frac;
much tighter adherence to a voltage standard.

...oh yeah, and then there is the reverse power protection standard on all Frac modules,
and better keyed power connectors.

Yet some people say "Frac is dead."
Not bloody likely. It is designed and built too well to die.
Can't say the same for the frequent anecdotes about toasted Euro modules. FUUUCCKKKK!!!
e-tron
Frac is great!

I've been into DIY modular synth for a long time and
had never played hands-on on a brand system.

Last year, I decided to get me some Blacet and Paia.
Really happy about my decision. What is lacking in modules
I've managed to DIY (LPG's for example).

I've also crammed a MakeNoise PP + Brains to have
tactile control in performance. Still, the core is all Frac.

Recently, I had a chance to play on a fully loaded 6u of Euro(for the first time). At first, I was blown away by the compact set-up (lot's of Inteligel)
but it only took a few minutes to realize the disadvantages. TINY!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2