MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Blacet VCO interesting / unique features or sounds
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Author Blacet VCO interesting / unique features or sounds
Cybananna
I don't have any Blacet VCOs in my system. I've always been interested in having a pair. I have plenty of Euro VCOs though. AFG, M15, Anti-osc. I like FM a lot and odd sounds.

For those who have or have used any of these other Euro VCOs, what if anything special does the Blacet offer that these don't? I've listened to some demos and I can't tell much from them... Panel-wise, it looks similar to the M15 by function. I know the M15 is tri core and the Blacet is saw core so I expect them to behave or sound differently though.
zerosum
Voltage Controlled waveshape
parasitk
Besides whatever features and specs, it just has a really lovely sound. It's a terrific sounding oscillator. thumbs up
Ekofisk
Yes, the voltage controlled 'Wiard' waveshape is very nice.

I have three of them, and they really are great. I have a friend who started a modular because of the sound of these and my miniwave. He hasn't gotten close in euro yet...
dogoftears
Octave in.
DGTom
if I had to use a single word. . . it'd be, "tough"
tuning & sync are all rock hard,

running the triangle into the octave CV in is a odd sound, not easy to get elsewhere. . .

taking a pair of Blacet saws & x-fading them into a mini-wave MY ASS IS BLEEDING

get 2
Cybananna
zerosum wrote:
Voltage Controlled waveshape

The M15 has a VC waveshape but on a closer look, they seem to do it differently.

parasitk wrote:
Besides whatever features and specs, it just has a really lovely sound. It's a terrific sounding oscillator. thumbs up

That's what has kept my interest even though I have plenty of oscillators. Never heard one in person but I have a feeling it would be a great sounding different osc than what I have.

Thanks for all the replies everyone.
cerebrosis
vc wave
lin/exp fm switch with ac/dc switch
octave in

An all around high class vco.
savage_vomit
I agree this vco is the shit, i like it better than any euro one i've owned (doepfer, AS, cwejman) -- its just a tuff do it all vco. To bad its not in euro, if it was, blacet would be making a killing.
pulse_divider
What everyone else said.
The waveshaping is great and the FM is super flexible. All around a great sounding oscillator.
For me, the most valuable/uncommon feature is the VC octave switching... I have a hard time not using it in every patch!
Norman_Phay
If one runs the VC wave out to an enveloped filter, then bring in AD conreol of the waveshape via an attenuator, that's a nice way of adding dynamics to a part I find.
zerosum
Norman_Phay wrote:
If one runs the VC wave out to an enveloped filter, then bring in AD conreol of the waveshape via an attenuator, that's a nice way of adding dynamics to a part I find.

Hmmmm. Interesting, I'll have to try that(......writes it down on my messy notepad of scribbled notes)
solitaryzen
Here is a link to a recording of me messing about with some ideas for a forthcoming gig with my band Black Cab. The two main sequence sounds are Blacet VCOs, one with pulse output, the other VC wave (a binary zone is sequencing the VC wave, hex zone sequencing the pulse). There's also a sub bass line coming from the laptop.

http://www.solitary-sound.com/audioflz/gdrugsversion.mp3

I love the sound of the Blacet VCO too love
zerosum
solitaryzen wrote:
Here is a link to a recording of me messing about with some ideas for a forthcoming gig with my band Black Cab. The two main sequence sounds are Blacet VCOs, one with pulse output, the other VC wave (a binary zone is sequencing the VC wave, hex zone sequencing the pulse). There's also a sub bass line coming from the laptop.

http://www.solitary-sound.com/audioflz/gdrugsversion.mp3

I love the sound of the Blacet VCO too love

That was very nice love
I hit stop on the CD player which was playing Download to listen to your track,
About halfway through it I thought I was still listening to Download(this is a good thing 8_) )
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Page 1 of 1