MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

PT Delay - Batch #6...?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author PT Delay - Batch #6...?
hellohihowareyou
I'd like a PT Delay box and have missed out on all 5 batches. Do you expect to make more? If so, any idea when?

hyper
BugBrand
We're building the next batch at the moment so within the next 2 weeks.
Its only quite a small batch - c.10 units.
Beyond that.. I'm not currently sure - I *may* use the designs as the first test of getting things 'properly produced' (ie getting the SMD parts stuffed by machines).

If you're after a PT Delay then make sure you're on the mailing list - I'll send a mailout when I put them in the online shop. The last couple of batches have sold slightly slower than the earlier batches (ie. nearing 24 hours for sell-out rather than just a few hours...)

Cheers, Tom
Low-Gain
Love me some PT Delay!
shot this last night...

impaledfaith
I absolutely LOVE mine. I can not recommend this pedal highly enough! I wish I would've gotten on the 'Bug train' long ago, as having this device has made me quite the hungry for a complete BugBrand system. Maybe someday.

Keep up the great work Tom!
BugBrand
BugBrand wrote:
..within the next 2 weeks...

Time is always flexible! Too much modular work has kept me from getting the testing done on the final batch, but they're done now and online.

Here's the mailout from today:

Quote:
Summertime called for some snippets of time away, some rejuvenation and leg-stretching.
Of course, some work continued..
But it has taken a couple of months to complete the next/?final? batch of PT Delays.
Naturally there is always background Modular work which you may not see.
In particular some new case works for a trip back to Berlin::
http://bugbrand.blogspot.com/2011/08/four-years-progress.html

So, back to PT Delays::
Batch #6 is now online - just 10 units:
http://www.bugbrand.co.uk/shop
This is certainly the last batch for the near future
- I am now out of PCB stock and am wondering whether to take the project on to 'proper production'.
No decisions as yet.

Future Weevil redevelopments/redeployments are still mulling in my mind.
Along with potential other standalone devices.
No promises as yet.

If you would like to hear how well the BugBrand Modular is currently firing and happen to be in/near Bristol..
There is a show at the Cube Cinema on Thursday 22nd September
Supporting Thomas Truax:
http://www.cubecinema.com/cgi-bin/diary/programme.pl#6033

That is the news.
Best wishes, thanks & smiles,
Tom

PS -- thanks Logan and Impaledfaith!
BananaPlug
Suggested universal response:

"Customers are experiencing delays."
BugBrand
BananaPlug wrote:
Suggested universal response:

"Customers are experiencing delays."

Haha!

Well,,, there will be purchasing delays now as the batch is all gone again - 10 in around 3hours - yikes!
hellohihowareyou
I...slept...through...it...

Checked the site in under 3 hours from the time they were announced and they had sold out.

No emoticon could express my rage.
solitaryzen
Bugger, that was quick!!
Low-Gain
applause applause applause
reignbear
hellohihowareyou wrote:
I...slept...through...it...

Checked the site in under 3 hours from the time they were announced and they had sold out.

+1 waah
BugBrand
Ach - sorry - that's always the problem - put 'em online in the evening and the Europeans miss 'em, put 'em out during my regular working day and they mostly stay this side of the pond.

I really thought this batch would be slower.
Guess I'll have to get more PCBs made!

Sorry for those missing this time..
hellohihowareyou
Out of curiosity (OK, and a bit of disappointment), why do you prefer the "every wiggler for himself" strategy over the "take orders" strategy?
BugBrand
Hmm - well, it has always worked well for me - though I understand the frustration too..

I've always hated the idea of pre-orders. (seen quite a few go to total shit)
And I'm not great at keeping lists of interest.
Nor do I typically know for 100% certain when (or if, sometimes) I'll make batches.
Low-Gain
BugBrand wrote:
Hmm - well, it has always worked well for me - though I understand the frustration too..

I've always hated the idea of pre-orders. (seen quite a few go to total shit)
And I'm not great at keeping lists of interest.
Nor do I typically know for 100% certain when (or if, sometimes) I'll make batches.

I'm against pre-orders as well.. unless i have everything in hand and i just need to build it.. how ever.. There's clearly a demand for the PT Delay, so you should definitely consider a 7th batch! smile Then again.. if you stop making them they might go QMMG priceless and i could retire on it! lol lol

This delay is my go to delay... I had the time factor and it was great.. but i sold it. took the Bug PT over the time factor and i have no regrets!
Such a unique and fun sound! Thanks again Tom for making such a killer Bug!! ^_^
hellohihowareyou
Understood. Preorders can be OK so long as no money is taken. What about just a "waiting list if we ever make these again." Half the people will drop out anyways. I imagine there is some sort of website widget that could automate the whole process.
impaledfaith
Low-Gain wrote:

This delay is my go to delay... I had the time factor and it was great.. but i sold it. took the Bug PT over the time factor and i have no regrets!
Such a unique and fun sound! Thanks again Tom for making such a killer Bug!! ^_^

i completely agree. i have used mine in EVERY patch that i have made and with every instrument in my studio since acquiring it. such an inspiring device.
i also have a timefactor wired into the aux sends on my mixer and i have found that using BOTH the PT and the TF together (with cv from the modular) is absolutely incredible.

now i need a MicroCrusher!
Low-Gain
impaledfaith wrote:

+1
miditerranean
Low-Gain wrote:
impaledfaith wrote:

+1

+2

All right, I have the CV-able module version but the standalone boxes are irresistible to other gear!
BugBrand
Ahh - I love the TimeFactor too - I don't get into the studio enough, but last time I had super fun with the PT on one send and the TF on two others.
fracinfrucer
Definitely love mine! Sounds fantastic on everything too! I was last screwing around with it on guitar and lost a couple hours easily.
nnop
hi Tom. Neil angel tech here.

I'm so impressed with my PT Delay. And thanks to your advice on expert sleepers controllers for my sh101, I found this forum. Just trying to decide which bit of hardware to buy from them now...

I was wondering about what you could do to give more people a better chance of getting one next time you release a batch. I can see why you don't want to go down the route of waiting lists. Instead, how about doing a 2 stage release at times convenient to people on either side of the Atlantic? So you release half a batch, then the other half 6 hours later. You could think of it as a toggle time release policy. Just a thought.
miditerranean
nnop wrote:
You could think of it as a toggle time release policy.

I like the way you think!
BugBrand
nnop wrote:
hi Tom. Neil angel tech here.

I'm so impressed with my PT Delay. And thanks to your advice on expert sleepers controllers for my sh101, I found this forum. Just trying to decide which bit of hardware to buy from them now...

I was wondering about what you could do to give more people a better chance of getting one next time you release a batch. I can see why you don't want to go down the route of waiting lists. Instead, how about doing a 2 stage release at times convenient to people on either side of the Atlantic? So you release half a batch, then the other half 6 hours later. You could think of it as a toggle time release policy. Just a thought.

Super - nice one Neil!
And love the Toggle Time release idea (well, at least the name)
I'm hoping, actually, to start getting slightly more regular releases going before tooo long. We'll have to see how it actually pans out though!
tragedybysyntax
H I R E M E !!!! I'LL MOVE AND SAVE US ALLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!! hahahahahaha. Seriously tho... Tom, that's amazing news! When I start posting photos/vids of my REALLLLLLY miniscule, not even in my hands yet system.... I'll need to fill it with PT delays as soon as possible, hahahaha. You the man, keep up the gnarly work my friend. CHEERS! smile
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2