MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

So what kind of beer do you like?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Epinasty Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author So what kind of beer do you like?
julian
robotfunk wrote:
I've not brewed my own beer, have been interested for ages tho. I have made moonshine a few times with my gf's father, who owns a still in Switzerland smile fun to do (and drink).

my (100% legal) methanol still -

(not that there is any condensor fitted in the photo)

Vodka production has always fassinated me. I like the minimalisim of it.

As i say, brewing ethanol concoctions is somthing i think i could get into, if only i liked to drink the stuff!
robotfunk
With a still you can make much more than vodka, helps if you know someone with a fruit tree...
valis
I'm a fan of IPAs and bitter beers. I used to really dig the Belgium beers (Chamay, Coresendonk (?), etc.) but now when I drink sweet beer it gives me a belly ache.

Oregon is the spot for beer though nanners

Oakshire, Ninkasi, Rogue, Deschutes, Pelican, the list goes on and on.
Babaluma
drinking chimay blonde at the moment, as up until very recently it was the only chimay i could find in milano. they have it in my local supermarket. luckily a friend introduced me to a bar recently where they stock the red, blonde and blue, so i am very happy!
valis
Sounds fantastic. Coming from an Italian family, I loved the food and wine. Unfortunately, not so much the beer. Is there any sort of microbrew culture in Italy like in the States?
Babaluma
Not really sure, there are loads of little independent brewers in Italy I think. A famous one in Milan is Lambratte, they have the brewery and a bar about 20 minutes by bus away, but another bar 5 minutes walk away from my place. They have their own beers and other guest beers all the time. Don't even serve wine... wink

And as you may know, all Italian pubs/bars have "happy hour", which is different from happy hour in the UK (which actually only last one hour and means drinks are a bit cheaper during that time), in that it means drinks are regular price, but snack food is provided for free, often all night long!

But TBH, it's all really about the wine here!
Fnord
Guinness ftw! Guinness ftw! Guinness ftw!

I live near a craft beer bar with a constantly rotating lineup on the taps (10 taps and 2 casks!!!), it's rare for me to order the same drink twice in a row, unless it's something world class, because I like to try them all.

Tend to love IPA's, RIS's, sours, strong ales, etc.
tend to loathe lagers in general and pilsners in specific, though there's a few good ones to which I'll make an exception.
valis
Babaluma wrote:

And as you may know, all Italian pubs/bars have "happy hour", which is different from happy hour in the UK (which actually only last one hour and means drinks are a bit cheaper during that time), in that it means drinks are regular price, but snack food is provided for free, often all night long!

haha I didn't know that but I love the concept.
valis
Fnord wrote:

tend to loathe lagers in general and pilsners in specific, though there's a few good ones to which I'll make an exception.

For me lagers and stouts are a rare treat. Although there's a million great microbreweries, there's really no outstanding lagers or stouts (except Rogue's, I suppose). I'm guessing this is mostly due to what hops grow in the area.
Babaluma
valis wrote:
Babaluma wrote:

haha I didn't know that but I love the concept.

It's literally mind-blowingly amazing. You can do a bar/pub crawl and be fed for free. I've never known anything like it. smile Happens every night of the week in most bars during the summer months. My local "cool" bar, Mom Cafe, serves the largest Negroni you have ever seen for €7 a pop, you only need two (made the mistake of drinking three, but only once...), and all the food is free all night long. They keep bringing more and more out as the night grows longer. Pasta, rice, brushetta, potato chips, cheese, hams and other various meats, sandwiches, etc...
valis
Wow.That sounds like the most fantastic thing in the history of humanity. I need to emigrate now.
Babaluma
Happy to show you around! lol
valis
All you need to do is show me the place where I can drink and eat brushetta and sandwiches all night. thumbs up
Babaluma
here:

http://milano.tonight.eu/aperitivo_happy_hour/mom_cafe

it's a five minute walk away from my house. the afore-mentioned micro brewery/beer bar (and yes, they also do free food, they make a big plate of it and bring it to your table every hour) is a 30 second walk around the corner from mom cafe.

"hop" (the beer bar) is here:

http://milano.tonight.eu/birreria/hop

seriously, you make it to milan during the summer, and we'll spend every night in one of those places. wink

"mom" is populated by "the cool kids", hipsters, prada employees, and the like, whereas "hop" is all about the punk/indie/anarchist vibe. i like both. 8_)
valis
Sounds fantastic. Thanks for the invite!
mecanikill
Newcastle. thumbs up
Fnord
valis wrote:
Fnord wrote:

For me lagers and stouts are a rare treat. Although there's a million great microbreweries, there's really no outstanding lagers or stouts (except Rogue's, I suppose). I'm guessing this is mostly due to what hops grow in the area.

Deschutes Abyss Guinness ftw! Guinness ftw! Guinness ftw!
miditerranean
The ones that stick out in my head right now:

Unibroue La Fin Du Monde and Éphémère Apple
Odell IPA, Myrcenary, Red Ale, Shenanigans, and others
Deschutes Experimental Hop Henge, Abyss, and others
Lagunitas Hop Stupid and IPA
Surly Furious, Cynic, Smoke, and pretty much everything they make
Tyranena Rocky's Revenge

And my piss water of choice is Coors Light!
neandrewthal
Dragon Stout! Guinness ftw!
Hanz
My all-time faves;
(undoubted #1) - Orval (fantastic trappist, must try if you like IPA)
Duvel (the great standard you always come back to)
Liefmans Goudenband (so glad this brewery came back from the dead!)
La Chouffe (classic hangover potion)
Rochefort 10 (the heaviest beer I know)
Brand Urtyp / UP (Dutch classic style pilsener, so hoppy)
Pilsner Urquell and Budweiser Budvar (the original, not "that other one")
Guinness (it's good for you!)
RSB
A pint of Guinness a day, keeps the doctor away Guinness ftw!
husc
I love Delirium Tremens http://www.delirium.be/en !! Guinness ftw!

They even did a 3D promovideo:

Crazy beer, crazy times!
mono-poly

ciney blond

monk's elixir

These are 2 amazing ones to!
DonKartofflo
Although I like many sorts, I really love kilkenny and alt beer from düsseldorf! Especially kilkenny though, tastes like heaven!
rafe127
Dogfishhead 120 minute.

Also, I love Barleywines.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Epinasty Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 2 of 3