MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

The Chasms new 3rd album full of bugbrand goodness
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Author The Chasms new 3rd album full of bugbrand goodness
indexofmetals
Our brand new 3rd album is available for free download at http://thechasms.bandcamp.com/album/alchemical-postcards

As on our earlier albums, it's all improvised live in a barn on the Isle of Man with vocals and modular added afterwards.

Tom, I'm holding you to your offer of playing the bugbox if we play live in Bristol (hopefully small tour of London, Bristol, Birmingham & Liverpool sometime).
otoskope
headbang Listening right now! This is what happens to my speaker cones: Flamey
KNYST
Ahh, needed this. Will go straight into the ipod.
Heavier and darker than ever I believe. Great! SlayerBadger!

... and thanks!

-edit-
Could you please give us some details on your use of the Bugbrand modular on this?
radams
Thanks - looking forward to this - I'll download as soon as I can get a fast connection !
BugBrand
I love The Chasms!

And, yes, I will very happily play with you if/when you come through Bristol.
dan_p
Got it downloaded, will transfer to ipod and give it a listen in the Van
BugBrand
dan_p wrote:
Got it downloaded, will transfer to ipod and give it a listen in the Van

Set the volume dial to LOUD
indexofmetals
Glad you guys are enjoying it. It was a blast to record and as it was all improvised it feels like a 3rd person viewpoint when listening to it now it its finished state. We recorded enough for a 4th album and a Dandelion Radio session (plus rejecting quite a few tracks).

KNYST wrote:
Could you please give us some details on your use of the Bugbrand modular on this?

I improvised two modular tracks per song (recorded them one after the other without listening to the other one, just changed the patch a bit) and then mixed them together afterwards (modular appears on tracks 2, 3, 4 & 6). Mainly lots of fm and use of the wavefolder module, and multiple layers into lpg's which were getting their own c/v's to create quite a bit of overlap. With some pre-tuning via the touchplates (could've used 8 segments - my only obstacle so far with using bugbrand for live improvisation plus using pedals to create c/v's). Lots of ring mod in the last track. Heavy use of bugcrusher pedal on the guitar throughout as well.

The modular was going through Don Audio Buggane tube amp via pair of speakers sat on top of each other (12" on top of a cabinet with 15" & tweeter) recorded to Josephson Engineering condensor mic into JLM neve clone preamp in the barn.
radams
bump - this is great work
blungo2
Good stuff! Downloading now, thanks!
kkonkkrete
Aaaaarggghhhh .... my EARS !

Excellent. Captain Beefheart does White Light/White Heat in a scrapyard.
indexofmetals
Cheers guys! Will be doing the modular overdubs for our 2nd Dandelion Radio session this weekend. Bugbrand loves melted guitars.
radams
was listening to this again - go grab this people - very creative work
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Page 1 of 1