MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Oakley Little-Lag to be deleted
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author Oakley Little-Lag to be deleted
Synthbuilder
I have 15 boards left. After these have gone stocks will not be replenished and the module will be deleted from the portfolio.

Most Little-Lags were sold as partners to the old EFG board. Since the new EFG has a built in Little-Lag this board has mostly become superfluous.

If you would like to buy a board or three then they are currently available at the price of 6GBP each or 15GBP for three.

http://www.oakleysound.com/lag.htm

Tony
nerdware
Will this also be the end of the Triple Lag? Don't they use the same PCB?
Synthbuilder
nerdware wrote:
Will this also be the end of the Triple Lag? Don't they use the same PCB?

If Paul wants some more boards I will do some more. However, I'm unsure of just how many of these modules he actually sells. I don't think that many.

The old stock of boards I have is from my old supplier. Once a new run is needed I'll have to pay for tooling and that makes any new run more expensive. It's not an expensive board to make but if I only sell four in one year, which is what I've done, it's not worth it.

For a ready made Triple-Lag then it may be better to have a look at another way of building them. Perhaps a dual Lag in a 1U panel. I've been thinking of doing something similar for the Little-LFO and er... Little-EG.
Tony
nerdware
A dual-lag could be about right, I think. Anyway, I'd definitely buy one! However, even without that, there are still alternatives. I'm sorry to see the end of this module, but I'll get over it. Goldfish

Thanks for the explanation.
Synthbuilder
All the remaining Little-Lag PCBs have now been bought by Paul at Krisp1. Ready made Triple-Lags will still be available for a little while longer.

Tony
nerdware
Ok, thanks. I may grab one of those!
fluxmonkey
Synthbuilder wrote:
and er... Little-EG.
Tony

return of?? that would be relevant to my interests...
Synthbuilder
fluxmonkey wrote:
Synthbuilder wrote:
and er... Little-EG.
Tony

return of?? that would be relevant to my interests...

Quite possibly. I could re-use the old Little-EG circuit and dual it up and put it on a new PCB. This would work with a 1U panel with four pots & six sockets very well.

The question is do I make the core passive like the original or do something more fancy with a VC-core. The benefits of a VC-core is that, other than possible voltage control expansion, it delivers true log law conformity to the pots making precise control of short attack and decay times easily possible.

The disadvantage with a VC-core is that I will need to design it, it'll be more complex and a lot more expensive. The old passive core, using dual gang 1M log pots, could be laid out and put on sale very quickly.

Tony
sonicwarrior
Any chance for a 1U dual little LAG?

I'd be OK with the old passive core.
Synthbuilder
Sorry but I have no plans to bring back the Little-Lag in 5U this year. Sales of the Little-Lag were never that great and virtually all the Little-Lags PCBs were sold with the old style EFG.

With the current EFG featuring a built in Little-Lag and the most awesome (if I may be allowed to say this myself) VRG being a Little-Lag and then some - the old Little-Lag is somewhat redundant.

Tony
sonicwarrior
In fact VRG and EFG-Deluxe are already on my list but I still need a smaller EG. I think I'll just use the AR/AD from Ian Fritz on breadboard or so then.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1