MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Makenoise Oscillator
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45  Next [all]
Author Makenoise Oscillator
mudlogger
It looks like Tony is in the very early stages of developing an oscillator - hope it will be Buchla influenced.

http://lockerz.com/s/138378657

http://lockerz.com/s/138377486
DougD
We have enough modules based on tech from 1970. I hope it's influenced by cool stuff from 2011.
mudlogger
and i hope its a dual
Matos
Sadly I feel it will be many moons before this finds it's way into our needy hands. Dead Banana
Kodama
DougD wrote:
We have enough modules based on tech from 1970. I hope it's influenced by cool stuff from 2011.

If you played with a 259 (not 259e), you might think we had room for one more old osc!
Dirk95100
I would pay serious cash for a propper 259 clone. (without the auto tuning)

Anyone want to make a faceplate that does not make me vomit?
Red Electric Rainbow
..........yes.
rico loverde
Matos wrote:
Sadly I feel it will be many moons before this finds it's way into our needy hands. Dead Banana
I don't know Tony seems to release stuff pretty quickly. The optimix took a bit but the phonogene and moddemix seemed to come out pretty fast. Maybe I'm just hoping it'll come out soon... hihi
wmgaretjax
ugh. i really need another oscillator... but was gonna just take the dive with the new pittsburgh... now I want to wait. i doubt i'll be able to though. oh well... an extra vco never hurt anyone and i have the space.
mudlogger
Dirk95100 wrote:
I would pay serious cash for a propper 259 clone. (without the auto tuning)

Anyone want to make a faceplate that does not make me vomit?

Maybe ask Mark Verbos?

http://buchlatech.blogspot.com
asterisk
im guessing that a breaboarded circuit will take awhile to become a fully produced module waiting at AH for people to buy it.
blz
well itll be cool and mind blowing for sure cant wait to see and hear it
talfred
wmgaretjax wrote:
ugh. i really need another oscillator... but was gonna just take the dive with the new pittsburgh... now I want to wait. i doubt i'll be able to though. oh well... an extra vco never hurt anyone and i have the space.

You'll need quite a few oscillators now:

Entrainer
asterisk wrote:
im guessing that a breaboarded circuit will take awhile to become a fully produced module waiting at AH for people to buy it.

maybe more for the ocsillator
sonicwarrior
Does anyone has an actual count how many VCOs exist in Eurorack?
More than 100? hihi
Carey M
sonicwarrior wrote:
Does anyone has an actual count how many VCOs exist in Eurorack?
More than 100? hihi

Far too many when you're oscillator shopping Dead Banana
sawcloud
thumbs up

Make Noise! I'm really digging Tony's designs! So curious to see what this will be! If there be hundreds of euro VCOs there is still plenty of room for a Make Noise one!

oops
exper
sawcloud wrote:
thumbs up

Make Noise! I'm really digging Tony's designs! So curious to see what this will be! If there be hundreds of euro VCOs there is still plenty of room for a Make Noise one!

oops

For sure! The Makenoise skew on anything would be welcome! I hope he takes his time even, as long as it has that magic. I'd almost bet that it is Buchla influenced in some way. Perhaps a single version of the 258...
CometxYh1n1egyPt
exper wrote:
sawcloud wrote:
thumbs up

oops

For sure! The Makenoise skew on anything would be welcome! I hope he takes his time even, as long as it has that magic. I'd almost bet that it is Buchla influenced in some way. Perhaps a single version of the 258...

AGREED
Kodama
Wait, isn't the model 15 already a 258 clone? 259(not e) is what we want angry
Rod Serling Fan Club
Yeah, variants of 258ish designs exist. Plenty of triangle core oscillators in euro now. An analog 259ish oscillator complete with the PLL, waveshaping, ring/am cross modulator etc. would kill. Think analog hertz donut.
miditerranean
Can it haz vactrol!?
Monobass
Is 258 thru-zero?
thermionicjunky
Monobass wrote:
Is 258 thru-zero?

no
Entrainer
Rod Serling Fan Club wrote:
Yeah, variants of 258ish designs exist. Plenty of triangle core oscillators in euro now. An analog 259ish oscillator complete with the PLL, waveshaping, ring/am cross modulator etc. would kill. Think analog hertz donut.

You can get pretty close to those specs w/ Kilpatrick 3020.
Triangle Core too... but no waveshaping.

For some reason, MN seems to be able to pack a lot of
functionality/features into a lower price point.

At least with the QMMG + Maths, PP + Brains. The
Phonogene is pricey which is probably why I haven't pulled
the trigger on it yet. It's past my threshold for an impulse
buy on a module ($350). If it's $350 or under, I'll typically
buy something semi interesting and see if I like it enough
to keep. Over $500 and I'm checking 100 demos, putting
it in the planner, removing it. Putting it in the cart, removing
it. Listening to the demos again... and by that time
another $500+ module arrives and now I'm competing them.
d'oh!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45  Next [all]
Page 1 of 45