MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

bug-mechanical air fleet preparing for take off
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Author bug-mechanical air fleet preparing for take off
KNYST
I have been playing around with the SYN1 Weevil and PRC1 PT Delay individually,
trying to squeeze out interesting stuff from a single module.
When combining them I got this result. (improvisation)
Just slightly odd...
hihi
radams
thanks for this one - I've been struggling with my SYN1 - this is good inspiration Guinness ftw!
KNYST
Well, the SYN1 is capable of so many great things, and I wouldn't say this recording is one of them hihi
A lot of clock noise from the PRC1 and tons of starving, fm and other devilry (tweaking/switching), so IMO not very useful as a demo.

You can't really go wrong when using it for multiple clocks.
Audio: one thing I like is fm-ing the VCOs with each other and run the Ring output through a low pass. Phat...
miditerranean
I've been having lots of fun with the SYN1. I really like the high-freq 'VCS3' type sounds I can get out of it! Still lots to explore with this module, it keeps me intrigued.
tIB
KNYST wrote:

You can't really go wrong when using it for multiple clocks.

Yes! love it for that so much I had to get another for the frac rig... one of those things Id been looking for forever- was waiting on the doepfer quad CV LFO until I found the weevil.

anyway, great sounds, mental! we should let this be the start of a bug version of this: https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=40778
anadeji
Guinness ftw!
otoskope
Help! help There are insects in my short-wave radio!
BugBrand
Squiggly!
The SYN1 Weevil is definitely one of my more bizarre & chaotic modules - especially the newer version where I tried to increase the chaos quotient (I felt the old one missed the true Weevil heart). It is something of a balance - the old one was probably easier to control - the new one, once starved, has quite a life of its own.
I still find that my main usage is simply in full-power, all the oscs at Lo freq and with both syncs on - ie. I use it mainly for clocking.
But, in testing I had a lot of fun having two oscs set to Lo and one in Osc mode and a bit of starve - an audio output going to and a Lo-freq out doing the plinking on an LPG.
I must do a video - especially given that there might be a minijack version shortly... (hint hint)
KNYST
Thanks!

@radams: SYN1 (rev1) demos here: anyone willing to demo syn1 Weevil?
(If you forgot about yer own thread)

@tIB: saw that thread earlier, and was about to hijack it (add some bug-recordings), but changed my mind: I love the idea of limitations, but using two or five modules is also a challenge - though might be much more rewarding sound-wise thumbs up
radams
Thanks for the reminder !
tIB
KNYST wrote:

@tIB: saw that thread earlier, and was about to hijack it (add some bug-recordings), but changed my mind: I love the idea of limitations, but using two or five modules is also a challenge - though might be much more rewarding sound-wise thumbs up

you should! it should be in the general thread anyway...
solitaryzen
BugBrand wrote:
Squiggly!

I must do a video - especially given that there might be a minijack version shortly... (hint hint)

You have just made my day Tom!! Can't tell you how keen I am to get hold of a minijack weevil hyper
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Page 1 of 1