MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

LED light options for Modular
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Author LED light options for Modular
monads
What do you guys use? Preferably something that sits on top of the case battery or outlet powered? I've done searches but a lot of them seem to small (for books) or to big (for tables). Can't find a decent middle ground.
rlainhart
Here's something that's similar to what Buchla uses for the 200e:

http://www.garrettwade.com/4-led-battery-lamp/p/26N02.01/

They don't have the battery-powered one available anymore, but the clip-on power-supply version should work well for a modular system (and I think a power-supplied version makes more sense for a studio installation anyway.)

They also have yellow and blue LED replacements for the default white lamp - I found the white lamps that came with my 200e a little harsh, and use blue and red ones now instead. (Garret Wade also used to have red and green LED lamps available, but don't now for some reason - those exist, though, so they might be available elsewhere.)
plord
Synthwerks makes a Euro module that takes one or two LED gooseneck lamps.

Maybe you want an LED light bar, like they use to light individual paintings in an art gallery?
ersatzplanet
Although they are designed for Eurorack modulars and meant to run on their supplies, I can suggest for in-cabinet units the LAMP-1 and LAMP-2 from Synthwerks:

They come with 3-LED lamps and have dimmer controls.

If you want to go external, there are many, many makers of multi-led light bars and desk lamps. A google search for "laptop lamps", "usb lamps" etc will give you a ton of results and you can power them from many off the shelf USB power supplies (for charging phones etc) or even an old powered USB hub you may have laying around. Actually a cheap (USB-1 for instance) powered hub can run multiple LED laptop lamps for the true Medusa look.
-James
Oxix52
rlainhart wrote:
Here's something that's similar to what Buchla uses for the 200e:

http://www.garrettwade.com/4-led-battery-lamp/p/26N02.01/

They don't have the battery-powered one available anymore, but the clip-on power-supply version should work well for a modular system (and I think a power-supplied version makes more sense for a studio installation anyway.)

They also have yellow and blue LED replacements for the default white lamp - I found the white lamps that came with my 200e a little harsh, and use blue and red ones now instead. (Garret Wade also used to have red and green LED lamps available, but don't now for some reason - those exist, though, so they might be available elsewhere.)

Thanks, Richard, for this information. I had wondered where you got your colored LEDs but never asked. It's nice to have color options for the Buchla lights thumbs up

Thanks,
Barry
monads
Thanks for the input guys! Those Synthworks look awesome. I'll look into the Garrett model.
edwardcolins
monads wrote:
What do you guys use? Preferably something that sits on top of the case battery or outlet powered? I've done searches Top Led light panel a lot of them seem to small (for books) or to big (for tables). Can't find a decent middle ground.

Hello,
You can use a 12V battery of a book size...
mousegarden
Ikea Jansjo is good...

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/collections/jansjo/
XXXEsq
mousegarden wrote:
Ikea Jansjo is good...

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/collections/jansjo/

That's what I use.

monads
ersatzplanet wrote:
Although they are designed for Eurorack modulars and meant to run on their supplies, I can suggest for in-cabinet units the LAMP-1 and LAMP-2 from Synthwerks:......

Love the LAMP-2!!! Are these still the default best for 2018???
chriscarter
I just posted this on another similar thread:

On my Intellijels I use their USB Power 1U tiles and a couple of USB LED Nightlights, coated with coloured nail varnish... works a treat.
The LEDs are cheap, come in different wattages and can be found on Amazon.

monads
That actually looks pretty cool!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Page 1 of 1