MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Happy holidays! Please see the year-end funding drive post in the Announcements subforum. Thanks and all my love to you beautiful people.

EG-1 will work as an osc to drive miniwave
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Author EG-1 will work as an osc to drive miniwave
zerosum
I think this has been discussed here somewhere before.
Here is the patch:
-Patch inverted out of EG-1 into EG-1 gate so that it will stay triggered and open.
-Patch out of EG-1 into Miniwave In and send minwave to attenuator or VCA, I am using the Sonic Alienator as an attenuator then straight into my 002r recording interface.

Put EG-1 into LFO mode by switching it to LFO/ADSR and turn the sustain all the way down( 4 o clock)
attack, release and time base at 6 o clock

feed a sequence into the decay CV in(i am using the binary zone),
decay acts as a tune for the "oscillations",
play with the level knob a little, i like it at 12 oclock.

Now cycle through those miniwave banks 8_)

Its still isn't a saw wave, but it is the right voltage Mr. Green

I'll be back later with audio, and hopefully better descriptions and less distracted and scatterbrained.
Right now I want to jump back into this critical thinking/chess game that is modular synthesis.

Its crazy how many modules can do similar functions (a filter can be an oscilator, a semi VCA, a filter... an EG can be an EG, and LFO, and now an Osc)
Roycie Roller
Yeah this is something i learnt about the EG1 when i had 2 modules. I can't remember if i read about it or found it because there was only so many jacks i could play with.
Do you have a scope? I'd be interested to see a shot of the waveform- i think it might be a downward ramp or negative sawtooth, but i'm not sure.
Different settings of the A,D, S & R change the shape/sound. It's actually a reasonable oscillator for FM duties when you don't have a real one.
zerosum
Quote:

Yeah this is something i learnt about the EG1 when i had 2 modules. I can't remember if i read about it or found it because there was only so many jacks i could play with.

That sounds familiar Mr. Green
After being away from my synth for almost 2 years(some of them are still packed and stored) its good to be back on the horse again.(with 4 moduels)

I think it(EG-1) is a triangle wave, but not sure.

I don't have a scope but my friend LorinP does, we will be jamming soon and I will check it out there 8_) w00t

Something I really want to try is to get a second miniwave, feed 1 miniwave with the EG-1 as an oscilator, then shape it with the minwave into a saw, then feed that saw into the second miniwave Mr. Green

oh here is a short clip:
parasitk
I've driven the Miniwave from the VCS but never tried the EG1, nice tip. w00t
Babaluma
yeah i used to do this sort of thing with an ms-20, using the envelopes as oscillators. will try it with the blacet stuff too! good patch!
zerosum
Quote:

yeah i used to do this sort of thing with an ms-20, using the envelopes as oscillators.

Cool w00t

Quote:
It's actually a reasonable oscillator for FM duties when you don't have a real one.

I am going to try that sometime, whenever I get a "real" oscillator Mr. Green
aetherpulse
I used to use my EG-1 as an oscillator before I had two regular ones. It didn't sound too bad when driven by my frostwave sequencer.
Muff Wiggler
almost every single module i own can be used as a 'oscillator' or an 'envelope generator'. not the descriptors I would give to them personally, but it doesn't stop it from being true.

it's one of the reasons I got into modular synths 8_)
zthee
Muff Wiggler wrote:
not the descriptors I would give to them personally, but it doesn't stop it from being true.

Let's just call 'em Function Generators? hihi It's peanut butter jelly time!
zerosum
zthee wrote:
Muff Wiggler wrote:
not the descriptors I would give to them personally, but it doesn't stop it from being true.

FUNction generators Mr. Green hihi
Muff Wiggler
hihi
D/A A/D
SOO happy!!!
DGTom
zthee wrote:
Muff Wiggler wrote:

I love Function!

ooohhh, I got my 2nd M/W Im gonna try EG1->M/W->M/W!
zerosum
Quote:
ooohhh, I got my 2nd M/W Im gonna try EG1->M/W->M/W!

Awesome w00t smile Let us know how that works out!

I am really curious.
DGTom
I gotta say... I got some odd results! Will go back to it tomorrow I think.

In one patch the 1st miniwave didn't make in differance to the sound... no matter what bank / wave, all sounded the same. I will collate all the info about the differant ROMs I'm using - 4 across 2 Miniwaves - so I can take a more stratigic stab at it.
zerosum
Quote:
In one patch the 1st miniwave didn't make in differance to the sound... no matter what bank / wave, all sounded the same.

Hmmmm....Strange. hmmm.....
Was the miniwave input select set to receive +5 or +10 v?
Make sure it is on +10v.
DGTom
That might have been it!

I think I will also need to use the 2 in the reverse order I was doing it in due to the way the boards are organized.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Page 1 of 1