MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Bug modular VS Tenori-on
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Author Bug modular VS Tenori-on
tIB
Got ma funk on! Sort of... messy but fun(K).

tenori on sequencing bug mod, bug mod processing tenori-on doing bug mod drum samples. Its a bugbrand modular tenori on party.

[s]http://soundcloud.com/t1b/tenori-on-vs-bugbrand-modular[/s]

love the T-O, especially as a rhythm wonkulator- makes a great drum machine once you get some samples in. also love what the input module's boost does to percussive sound sources... drive it!

miditerranean
SlayerBadger! Super!
shreddoggie
Nice one dude!

I am quite intrigued with the Tenori-on - I have a weakness for 'experimental' instruments which is strangely enough tempered by 'classical training' traditionalism.... ugh - wtf?

Nonetheless the idea of a hands on step-seq that can be played and can control a nice (i.e. analog) sound source has me all frothing at the possibilities - if it was a little cheaper I would have pulled the trigger a long time ago -

Your tune is super inspiring tho - nice work - you are a madman!
tIB
ha, thanks.. i think! lol zombie

funnily enough i only ended up with the tenori because the price has come right down over here- the orange is something like a quarter of the price of the standard.

if you like things that sequence notes in wonky ways its a great device, im enjoying it a lot- there are big limitations but the immediacy more than makes up for that in my case. fun!
otoskope
Immediacy often makes up for lack of features - get rid of the overhead and make music! (Even though I'm not very fond of the tenori-on, I get your point)

Tools that can do anything don't contribute anything to the topology of the space of the possible (ask me to explain that some other time - relates to my research in artistic creative processes).

/Palle
Ekofisk
otoskope wrote:

Tools that can do anything don't contribute anything to the topology of the space of the possible

You're on a modular synth forum, watch your language, please.
tIB
otoskope wrote:
Immediacy often makes up for lack of features - get rid of the overhead and make music! (Even though I'm not very fond of the tenori-on, I get your point)

Tools that can do anything don't contribute anything to the topology of the space of the possible (ask me to explain that some other time - relates to my research in artistic creative processes).

/Palle

I'm all ears when you got the time. in my case I'm pretty much obsessed by options- my studio covers all bases I need. When it comes to creating I usually go for a few pieces of gear, though my selection changes frequently. Inside the studio I want for nothing, outside of it I fill gaps.

I've never done any reading into creative processes, or the factors that drive me to create... interesting!
theabsent
Enjoyed. Once again.
otoskope
lol Each module contributes a very specific topology to the space of the possible! They can't do anything, just as little as a symphony orchestra can. They can do very specific things. But it's up to us to connect them, and together they can reach even awkward corners in the space fo the possible...

I'm just talking about the importance of tool-induced constraints. And a modular synthesizer is a great, multi-faceted set of constraints! Which provides a framework (a topology) for our exploration of the possible.

More here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1774293/Dahlstedt_MIT_chapter%20%28incl%20figs %29.pdf

/Palle
tIB
Incredibly interesting stuff, I need to go through it when not tired and on my mobile but just wanted to say thanks a lot for sharing that.smile
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Page 1 of 1