MUFF WIGGLER
one billion tastes and tunes

FAQ & Terms Of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Information
Watch out! I just nuked 1-post user "gear101" after receiving five different complaints over the course of about 20mins that he's sending PMs to people offering to sell gear. Seems pretty fishy! I'm sure he'll be back under a different name but with the same old game. Be careful! Thanks to everyone who let me know about this guy.

MW Radio

Search for at
MUFF WIGGLER Advanced Search
Minimal Techno Recommendations
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next [all]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Minimal Techno Recommendations
papercutnoise
Veteran Wiggler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:50 pm    Post subject: Minimal Techno Recommendations Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Since reading the Plastikman thread here, I've listened to almost nothing besides Plastikman for the past 2 weeks! Don't know how I never got into it before :(

Anyway, I'm looking for recommendations of similar artists. Nice, minimal with a dark edge to it. I loved the later era Plastikman stuff like Consumed and Closer, but the earlier stuff is still amazing too.

Not too into the whole Detroit Techno sound to be honest but that colder, sparse stuff gives me wood nanners

Thanks

jbuonacc
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

definitely check out Hawtin's F.U.S.E project, especially the 'Dimension Intrusion' album. just listened to it again the other day, still sounds great. shit, just look him up on Discogs and see what of his other projects you can find.

not sure if it's what you're looking for, but i'd certainly recommend anything on the Basic Channel or Chain Reaction labels. look for Maurizio as well (same guys as Basic Channel). not quite the same vibe as Plastikman, but worth checking out. i'd say they're much more 'dark' sounding, actually.

for some reason, nothing comes to mind when trying to come up with something that sounds like Plastikman.

polyroy
Ambient Wiggler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Robert Hood is a legend.
dogoftears
Puddle of Sealions

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Emptyset
Also check out the hard tech area- surgeon, regis et al.

thetwlo
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

maybe some of Mika Vainio's side projects: Philus or ?
not quite the same, many examples on youtube:

papercutnoise
Veteran Wiggler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks for all the suggestions lads, keep em coming!

Grabbed some Basic Channel, and Robert Hood to check out. GOnna check out th other suggestions.

Have grabbed as much Richie Hawtin/Plastikman stuff as I can so making my way through all that. Think I'll be putting in a massive order in the record shop I used to work in!!!! They used to have loads of Plastikman stuff in stock, but not too much recently for some reason.

papercutnoise
Veteran Wiggler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

dogoftears wrote:
Emptyset
Also check out the hard tech area- surgeon, regis et al.

WOW!!!!! That Emptyset stuff sounds amazing! Exactly the sort of stuff I'm after smile

Thanks

EDIT: No seriously!!! I think I have a new favourite band here smile

Last edited by papercutnoise on Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
thetwlo
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yeah, that Emptyset stuff does sounds cool, checking it out myself! thx!
sb
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Def check out and of course Sleeparchive.
Janarto
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fairmon - Gazebo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xy71oHnVrL0

Nathan Fake - The Sky was pink (and everything else)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jmZTtFxcUg

Paul Nazca - Svell
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8fZ26KnSDY

Al Ferox - Sylico Girlz From Hell
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYiubv1-aGA&feature=related

Cristian Varela - Colmedream
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxdTG767IIo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next [all]
Page 1 of 19

Jump to: