MUFF WIGGLER
one billion tastes and tunes

FAQ & Terms Of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Information
Please join us at NAMM! MW will be hosting a booth and we would like to invite all manufacturers small and large to join us. We are delighted to support this scene and help provide booth space for anyone who wants to show off their gear and partake in the company of the best group of folks on earth. Please email [email protected] to discuss details. Hope to see you there!

MW Radio

Search for at
MUFF WIGGLER Advanced Search
Minimal Techno Recommendations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17, 18, 19  Next [all]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Minimal Techno Recommendations
wavecircle
Big Audio Sodomite

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jan Jelinek (Farben), Ryoji Ikeda, Rob Babicz.

Anything on Raster Noton.

Older computer stuff : https://soundcloud.com/wavecircle
Red Electric Rainbow
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

wavecircle wrote:
Jan Jelinek (Farben), Ryoji Ikeda, Rob Babicz.

Anything on Raster Noton.

Truth. Mark Fell, SND, COH, Ikeda, etc.

Also check out Marcel Dettmann. Pretty sick. Although not quite techno, give Patrice Scott a listen, and of course DJ Sprinkles 'Midtown 120 Blues' which is deep house, but to the next level.

Studio One as well.

papercutnoise
Veteran Wiggler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So many suggestions here! All very much appreciated smile

Loving what I've checked out so far, but still got a good few more to make my way through.

Emptyset and Sleeparchive have to be my favourites so far.

Babaluma

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm a big fan of the early 90's german techno scene, a lot of it is pretty minimal, oliver lieb (spicelab), hardfloor, the early harthouse compilations etc.
Liddlepud
Awfully Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Probably not as dark as you're looking for but the new John Tejada album, Parabalas, is excellent and I read an interview that he uses some Eurorack.

Kölschysizer
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As Red Electric Rainbow already suggested:

Please listen to all original Studio 1 records by Mike Ink!
German minimal techno was born in Cologne.

pas
bump

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ev'rything red electric rainbow said, 'specially dj sprinkles, 'specially all of it really, but that dj sprinkles record is hot
solitaryzen
Veteran Wiggler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Liddlepud wrote:
Probably not as dark as you're looking for but the new John Tejada album, Parabalas, is excellent and I read an interview that he uses some Eurorack.

Thanks for that - very nice! Been a while since I heard anything from John Tejada.
suboptimal
A Towering Mediocrity

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A fond memory of mine is listening to the "Minimal Funk" compilation on CD in 1999 while falling asleep on my floor. It's always been one of my sentimental favorites. I get the impression this set has become rarer than hens' teeth, though.

It's amazing how hard it is to produce a great minimal techno track. Consumed really stands the test of time as a unique masterpiece.

I keep trying to get into the early stuff and can't handle how texturally repetitive it is. Made for DJs to do more with, not commuters trying to enjoy the tracks by themselves. Probably why I don't listen to most Plastikman records anymore.

Empytset is impressing me, too. I'm not sure I can stand listening to them on my ipod due to the bass causing me acute pain (via a pair of UltimateEar in-ears that tend to over-do bass) but I do like the idea a lot. Love the depth of their sound. They've given serious attention to dynamics.
theabsent
?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

umek
Marko Laine
Jukka Nieminen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17, 18, 19  Next [all]
Page 3 of 19

Jump to: