MUFF WIGGLER
you'll find what you're looking for, life's like that

FAQ & Terms Of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Information
Please join us at NAMM! MW will be hosting a booth and we would like to invite all manufacturers small and large to join us. We are delighted to support this scene and help provide booth space for anyone who wants to show off their gear and partake in the company of the best group of folks on earth. Please email [email protected] to discuss details. Hope to see you there!

MW Radio

Search for at
MUFF WIGGLER Advanced Search
Minimal Techno Recommendations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17, 18, 19  Next [all]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Minimal Techno Recommendations
pas
bump

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

one of my favorite artists in the last few years is Torsten Pröfrock aka Dynamo, Erosion, Log, Resilent, T++, Traktor, Various Artists, etc...he's an amazing producer of seemingly simple yet complex & challenging electronic music usually on the dance side of the spectrum. perhaps not entirely 'minimal,' though enough so to be included on this thread. personally i am in love w/ his works as T++ & it saddens me that "Wireless" was his last proper outing under the T++ moniker, but damn, what a way to go out. he prevails i'm sure & i can't wait to hear his next phase...check it:

jbuonacc
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

pas wrote:
one of my favorite artists in the last few years is Torsten Pröfrock aka Dynamo, Erosion, Log, Resilent, T++, Traktor, Various Artists, etc...

man, that first track is excellent! i love the stuff he did on Chain Reaction, wasn't aware of these newer releases.

as for stuff that sounds like Plastikman...

i just stumbled across an album called 'The Depths' by the artist JPLS (on Hawtin's Minus label). definitely captures the Plastikman vibe, possibly more so than anyone else i've heard. check it out if you can.

digital_steve
Muppet

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

JPLS was an up and comer on mnml.nl when I was into that and then really broke out with some great stuff on minus... Real old meets new stuff.
One artist I truly respect for various reasons
BugBrand
Knowledge of Bugs

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, that's interesting about T++ --> I got Cropped via MP3 download and didn't realise his larger working life. Will go hunt out some more (and get some recordings in REAL formats - ie. screw MP3s)
aksen
Ultra Wiggler

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Janarto wrote:
Cristian Varela - Colmedream
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxdTG767IIo

oh no no no, cristian what have you become?

on the topic at hand - gui boratto's new album on kompakt sounds very tasty.

BugBrand
Knowledge of Bugs

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

F-yeah -- Sleeparchive is really doing it for me.
tony d
Ultra Wiggler

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

BugBrand wrote:
F-yeah -- Sleeparchive is really doing it for me.

Sleeparchive is the shit!

Also, never heard of Emptyset,man that shit is top notch.
Definitely gave me the same feeling of when i first heard Ancient Methods.

pas
bump

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

BugBrand wrote:
Oh, that's interesting about T++ --> I got Cropped via MP3 download and didn't realise his larger working life. Will go hunt out some more (and get some recordings in REAL formats - ie. screw MP3s)

sweet...yeah, his singles are fanfuckingtastic! my opinion: can't touch mr. Pröfrock, perfect.

...sleeparchive is the shit, one of my fav tracks by him,
pas
bump

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

...was obsessed w/ this single a while back, post'd this on the house thread, but makes for a nice minimal recommendation for those who miss'd it there,
limpmeat
Ultra Wiggler

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Do what I do and just check out all the music from http://hardwax.com/

I might be stating the obvious, but for those who haven't been there or heard of Hardwax, check it out.

Also Boomkat has good stuff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17, 18, 19  Next [all]
Page 5 of 19

Jump to: