MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

A little web-checking help please?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author A little web-checking help please?
BugBrand
Hmm - can people maybe lend a quick hand to check something for me...

On product pages there are small images which, when clicked, should expand into large views - this always worked fine for me but recently has stopped working (just comes up with a blank popup box), both in Google Chrome and Firefox (I just installed Safari and strangely it works ok in that..)

:::Direct link to check:::

I just checked with some friends in the building - Macs using Firefox - and their's work fine. I also had a very few people email over the last 6 months or so saying images weren't working properly.

Damn - complex webby crap! Although slightly techy, I am quite out of depth in working behind the scenes with the ZenCart software (the site was built for me) - the bizarre thing is that it worked fine for 2 years but recently stopped.. [I probably need to update the ZenCart version, but that scares me!]

So - if anyone can check whether images load for them please.
Please say what OS and Browser you're using - that'd be useful.

Thanks a bunch!
otoskope
I always had problems with those pictures on at least a couple of my computers, mostly in Chrome/Win7 I think. So it's not a new problem. I usually work around it by right-clicking and selecting Open in new tab or something.

/Palle
sandyb
showing fine here.

mac osx 10.5.8

safari v5.06
Muff Wiggler
here in IE9 it takes you to a new page showing the image

in Chrome it opens a black box that doesn't show the image!

on a Windows7 PC
krunkleKick
Works for me man!

With Windows 7:
Firefox 3.6.22 (The newest update of FF3) - Images slide open and expand into larger image
IE 9 - Opens the large image straight up in the browser without sliding open
Tim Stinchcombe
Working fine here too: Windows XP Home service pack 3, with both Firefox (3.6.9) and IE (8.0).
otoskope
Works fine in Opera 11.51 on Windows XP. Slide open as it should.
BugBrand
Cheers - that's useful but...
Oh this is so damn strange!
Firefox for me is now v.5.0
Running Windows XP sp3
I get what Mike gets:

Muff Wiggler wrote:
..in Chrome it opens a black box that doesn't show the image!..

But I get it in Firefox too.

I wonder if it could be some anti-pop-up thing.

Do I dare post a question on the ZenCart forums? I think the techs would eat me alive... (and tell me to come back once I've updated to the latest version urgh..)

Thanks all!
emergencyofstate
I think it's an issue with Lightbox which is what you're using for the "pop up" windows that expand with the larger image inside. I'll keep exploring, it may be an easy fix. (hopefully)

The image is there (http://www.bugbrand.co.uk/images/large/ucrush_LRG.jpg), it's just not being loaded into the Lightbox window on some browsers. THis is most likely cause there have been a million browser version updates that are now fussy with your current version of lightbox.

Edit: Looks like you're running something called Zen Lightbox Mootools? Are you able to just update this piece?

Or check out this thread:

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=179976

Current version (1.6.2) looks like it's here -> http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?main_page=product_contrib_info&produ cts_id=273
BugBrand
Ah-ha - that's a good pointer Adam - thanks!
I'd been sniffing slightly around there (but probably chasing my tail, not really knowing where to go..)
It looks like I am back at Lightbox v1.4 so I'll have a hunt for how to upgrade that.
emergencyofstate
^^ Check that link in my first post..I think that may be zeroing in on the specific fix SlayerBadger!
BugBrand
Wahey! I think I did it!
(although I did several very stupid false starts...)

Thanks for the pointers Adam!

(and, yes, all the talk of MooTools just made me think 'WHAT?!')

Hmm, I think there may have been an edit done before to the background colour, but that is now of little importance - it WORKS!
Muff Wiggler
confirmed working here in both IE and Chrome!
otoskope
Is this what is really meant by "customer support"? hihi
BananaPlug
Lightbox is fine for pages like this where you have multiple images, but for most of your modules it just pops up a single image and it's an annoyingly slow way to do that. Do they give you any way to turn off the dopey expanding white box thing and just have the image pop into place? Ideally use a simpler, more efficient method for single images and reserve Lightbox for the multiples.
Muff Wiggler
BananaPlug wrote:
and just have the image pop into place?

i've never used Lightbox or any html enhancement thingy, but in plain html I always just put:

target="_blank">

.....at the end of the <a href....

that'll make whatever you're linking popup in a new window, and it doesn't need any special flash or whatever support. simple enough.
Muff Wiggler
oh and if you want to force the size of the window that pops up then use:

link target="_blank" width=640 height=320

etc
BugBrand
otoskope wrote:
Is this what is really meant by "customer support"? :hihi:

Haha - yes - and thanks!

For other ideas -- yeah, well, all the clever-clever stuff came in when I got someone else to do the website. I know what you mean about it being a bit slow for single images, but overall I quite like it (and, frankly, I'm def. not going anywhere near changing the website anytime soon! too ball-breaking!)

I tend to have to do virtually no html editing with the site now - though, actually, I tended to get by ok in such instances - all this database stuff gives me major confusions (hence my tendency to shy away from it!)
negativspace
Confirmed working using Firefox 6.0.2 / Vista 32bit. Looks nice!
consumed
for the longest time i would get a black box on Chrome/Windows 7 but i never reported it

oops

but today it is working fine! looks a little different than before too.
chrome 14.0.835.163 m
dan_p
All good with XP sp3 and FireFox 6.02.
tIB
for the first time ever I can see the enlargements! chrome, XP sp2.
laserpalace
You might also try updating to the latest zencart software, especially if it's 2 years old. A lot of jQuery plugins become antiquated and require new versions of the library to function. It's a pain initially but it will save you a load of trouble in the future. I've had some plugins stop working because development stopped but in order to utilize a new plugin I needed to update EVERYTHING, it's a nightmare. Just be sure to back up your database and styling. You may want to double check and see if newer versions support old styling structures as well. Good luck!
BugBrand
laserpalace wrote:
You might also try updating to the latest zencart software, especially if it's 2 years old. A lot of jQuery plugins become antiquated and require new versions of the library to function. It's a pain initially but it will save you a load of trouble in the future. I've had some plugins stop working because development stopped but in order to utilize a new plugin I needed to update EVERYTHING, it's a nightmare. Just be sure to back up your database and styling. You may want to double check and see if newer versions support old styling structures as well. Good luck!

Yes, there's part of me that says I should bite the bullet.. But as I don't tend to work very dynamically with the site, I'm not sure I want to take the plunge. Hell, I'm way behind at even keeping up to date with module descriptions...

Thanks to everyone for checking and glad that this seems to work well.
(funny to hear that it hadn't worked for ages for some!)
Art
This might be a little late, Tom, but just check the image and although it showed fine, I couldn't close the image like I used to (previously I think there was a close box and I could also click outside the pop up to close it), nor could I move from the first image to the next when you have more than 1 thumbnail per page. This is probably due to the Javascript code of Visual Lightbox.
Mac OS 10.6.8, Safari 5.1 (6534.50)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2