MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

MFOS Delayed Modulation Module
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author MFOS Delayed Modulation Module
jimmyambulance
new MFOS Project - simple idea, but i can't help but love when he comes up with something new.
rico loverde
just got one last week, haven't built it yet though. Im a big fan of Rays stuff as it was a major factor in me getting into DIY. Plus Ray is always so helpful...
Microscopial
im just waiting for the weird sound generator to be delivered, my first foray into diy building wooooohooooooo Rockin' Banana! It's motherfucking bacon yo nanners It's peanut butter jelly time! It's motherfucking bacon yo
kone
Yeah!

The WSG is really crazy! It's peanut butter jelly time! And it´s a cool thing when combined with my modular. Got to take a picture...
kone
It´s a wooden one...

fate
not to get OT but how hard with something like that project be for a beginner?,, ive been dabbling with the idea for a while now as my day job is an electrician, though this is a bit different, and we don't solder much anymore. however I can read wiring diagrams and schematics and have *basic* soldering skill. I need a decent soldering iron, maybe a clamp to hold the pcb's. I'd like to build some beginner eurorack modules that have clear instructions
kone
The Mfos Weird Sound Generator is a really good starter. Considering the know how you already have it may even be too simple. But it´s fun. It´s not eurorack though but many of the Mfos modules are possible to size down into eurorack. And there seems to be a lot of them eurorack DIY kits and pcb:s out there...

thumbs up
fate
wheres a good site for euro module kits?
loydb
The MFOS stuff can be built to any format you want. I'm doing some as banana, some as 1/4".

Just ordered the delayed mod pcb, I think I'm going to use it instead of the 8-stage phaser in my Ultimatron build.
falafelbiels
loydb wrote:
The MFOS stuff can be built to any format you want. I'm doing some as banana, some as 1/4".

Welllllll, These are great circuits, but some PCBs are kind of hard to fit in euro actually. Check the dimensions of the PCBs to be certain.
kone
Uhh... well... here´s some I can think of, but not all for sure...

4ms kits...

f(h) has got the barebone packs

and elby designs panther

and pcb:s to squeeze into a euroformat

mfos+ cgs

hope that helps Rasta-nana
fate
cool, just made the 4ms atoner my first kit! now i need a decent soldering iron. is a board holder recommended?
loydb
I find a Panavise invaluable, if expensive. http://goo.gl/i0i5L
airfrankenstein
The Delayed Modulation Module looks great! Has anyone integrated it into their euro setup?
alangave
Hi,

I did !

The main issue is that the PCB is too large for Eurorack, I had to adapt it, cutting a band of 2 or 3mm close to the copper.

2d issue is that Ray's power connection have to be adapted for Euro.

But at the end, it works!
airfrankenstein
Couldn't resist ordering one.
Regarding the power connection's adapter for euro, do any component values need changing?
LektroiD
Has anyone built the vocoder yet? I'm a bit reluctant to build as the only demo I can find sounds muffled. Would like to hear what others who have built it have to say...
alangave
Hmm, sorry, it was late in the night, haven't carefully read above post.

Actually, I built an MFOS "Voltage Controlled Echo" and adapted it to Eurorack format.

Regarding MFO power connection to Eurorack I did it "on the fly" : 3 wire out of the PCB, soldered to 2x5 Male Pin header +some heatshrink tube to hide the mess and protect against short-circuits.

Can post some pix if needed.
airfrankenstein
Another way to get these oversized pcbs into your eurorack is to place them diagonally.

I have the vc echo and the delayed modulation : nice modules but the vc echo is quite big.
jschussler
Saw this pop up on ModularGrid, watched the video, and bought a PCB from MFOS.

Any chance I can talk one of you who's built it for Eurorack to share some pics? In particular of how you mounted it to the panel, and how you wired the panel....
airfrankenstein
jschussler wrote:
Saw this pop up on ModularGrid, watched the video, and bought a PCB from MFOS.

Any chance I can talk one of you who's built it for Eurorack to share some pics? In particular of how you mounted it to the panel, and how you wired the panel....

Hi, the image of the diy MFOS delayed modulation on modular grid is mine : You could mount this one to a panel with some stand offs, but it's a tight fit getting it into a case. I floated mine using solid core hook-up cable, which is stiff/rigid enough to keep it in place.
For the panel layout I adapted the mfos layout to eurorack and brought additional lfos and outs to front.
I'll post a pic later today.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1