MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Fractal Generator
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Author Fractal Generator
barto
the guy im working on a video for invited a friend with diy fractal generator for some experimentation. i dont know all the details yet but its basically a disassembled hi8 camcorder, a small crt and some mirrors thats arranged to provide a feedback loop that generates fractals. we still have some experimentation to do to decide how we want to use it but ill be sure to post the results

bitSmasher
applause

Would love to see vids. I've considered boxing a camera+LCD as a feedback device, glad I'm not the only one with such silly ideas.
lizlarsen
that looks awesome!!
i really want to experiment more with mirrors and cameras.
can't wait to see videos of this.
numan7
woah

i can't wait to see some vidz out of this rig - it's like an elektromekaleidofractaloscope, and will surely be amazing!!

Enjoy the show!

cheers,
7n7
LoFiFreq
Nice looking set up. cant wait to see some more updates on this project.
smrl
Yes. Amazing! Looking forward to seeing some results from this thing!
barto
heres the finished product of the music video

and a little behind the scenes footage
lizlarsen
Beautiful work Nick! Such a great variety of well executed texture and motion.
barto
thanks! it was a fun process and learned a lot. still trying to figure out how to effieciently implement the modular for stuff like this. i didnt want to spend a lot of time trying to make a patch on the day of the shoot (probably should have made one before hand) so i did a little bit there and then recorded some stuff after the fact. still playing with audio reactive techniques and trying to wrap my head around the TVFKG. time for more experimenting
revmutt
Really nice stuff.
bitSmasher
Brilliant! Though, DJs (or laptop producers) always need dancing lessons or a bunch more hardware to hide behind.

I'm still curious as to the workings of the device. I see what looks like a GET LOFI patch/sticker.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Page 1 of 1