MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Bugbrand VS tardy plasterer
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Author Bugbrand VS tardy plasterer
tIB
[s]http://soundcloud.com/tib/death-of-a-tradesman[/s]

I love this machine. 3 frames of bug, pt delay, bugbrand spring reverb*, octatrack and eventide.

BugBrand! BugBrand! BugBrand! BugBrand! BugBrand! BugBrand! MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING BugBrand! BugBrand! BugBrand! BugBrand! BugBrand! BugBrand!

* OK so its an ekdahl moisterizer, but its on fill in duty until tom makes one. thumbs up
a100user
As usual a fine piece of patching, nice one tIB. thumbs up

Reminds me I need to make up some banana to quarter inch so I can use my moisturizer with the Bug.
tIB
Cheers Andrew! (lol)

What I could do with is a little banana breakout box for CV to the ekdhal and audio to the octatrack. Ive suddenly realised that whilst Im short on mixer in my Bug I can take another 4 channels into the OT and mix/VCA in there... I dont know why it took me so long to work out, I used to do it all the time with the MNM. d'oh!

Apologies for my terrible sense of humour and thanks for listening David. Guinness ftw! Guinness ftw! Guinness ftw!
a100user
tIB wrote:
Cheers Andrew! (lol) Apologies for my terrible sense of humour and thanks for listening David. Guinness ftw! Guinness ftw! Guinness ftw!

screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo

I can never remember peoples real names here, age and senility I suppose very frustrating
tIB
I get a bit confused with it, especially posting at a couple of places... remembered a guys name from the synth I tried to buy from him over two years ago today though- memory master! To think I will go to work tomorrow and not have a clue of the names of the kids im teaching!
a100user
Well if your teaching the same group every day that is a problem, if you only have them once a week then I can understand that.

I recall you asking Dan if he'd done the mods to his Moisturizer in another thread. What mods are these and are they worth it I wonder?
tIB
http://www.knasmusic.com/products/moisturizer/modifications.php

Theres a vid there that demo's the mods as well as the description... loks like something id be into though my own skills arent up to it.

As for names Ill be teaching them everyday, at the minute I have an excuse as Ive only had them for a couple of hours... when Im still struggling for little timmys name in 3 months ill be embarrassed.
a100user
Thanks for the link, I'll have a look tonight as the URL is not accessible here..

They say that associating names with something else can help you remember, so:

James is a Jup8
Oliver is a Obi 4 voice
Simon is a Spirit

Etc

Or you could free associate with with Bug Modules wink
tIB
PRC5! (percy of course.)

Quote:
Avaliable mods:
Filter-Reverb chain switcheroo (add a switch to put the filter in front of the reverb instead of vice verca)
More resonance bubble
Resonance limiter (less resonance bubble)
Input gain overdrive
Internal feedback
LFO speed modifications

Id like to add external feedback I/O to that lot, or rather instead of the internal feedback.

A friend of ours might be up for doing it... if he is we should make life easy and send them at the same time.
theparegorickid
wow, keep them coming, you are on a roll.

If you find anyone up for the moisturizer mods, let me know. They do not look that difficult but I know myself, I have had a SOS kit for 5U I haven't built and I sold off my dotcom system 3 months ago.

love the track.
tIB
^ thanks very much! Id imagine geography would rule you out mods wise- Im in England so youd be gambling on a tax hit as well as pricey UK postage.

Think my roll is now over- back to work tomorrow after a long time off, going to concentrate on real life for a little while. Guinness ftw!
a100user
Moisturiser mods sounds like a plan if your friend is up for it

Nice thumbs up
djangosfire
yea cool tIB w00t w00t

hmmnn - i've been considering a Moisturizer for a while.... how is the noise floor? does it hiss much?

it does seem like a fitting companion to the BugBrand...... but I do wish Tom made a spring reverb module Dead Banana
tIB
give him time... w00t

hiss isnt too bad at all if you get the in out levels right.... certainly better than my 199 at the minute, which funnily enough seems to be freaking out due to its proximity to the H3000.

Id say bug and spring reverb is a perfect match, if a spring reverb is what you want Im not sure the ekdahl is perfect for the job though... suspect the reverb is the weaker link on that from first impressions. Its great though, very nice sounding filter, and gaining, sits nicely in a mix just not a traditional spring verb as such.

Even if tom comes out with his own Ill likely keep the ekdahl as a nice character box... I horde stuff!
a100user
Agree with tIB, the moisturiser needs a bigger tank, preferable a multiple spring - I wonder can you get different spring lengths in the same tank for a sort of multiple length reverbs at the same time?
KNYST
plinkety-plonk-limping with noise on the side thumbs up
tIB
^ perfect one sentence review of all my recent work! lol
BugBrand
Always enjoyable and immersive!

tIB wrote:
give him time...

Yep, you know my feelings on Spring Reverb -- this is something I want to have in my personal audio-arsenal, so it is something I would like to develop sometime. I've actually made some headway recently but as always I've got too many projects on the go at once.

There's definitely something magical about spring-tanks. I did a really basic driver quite a few years back and loved feeding it back and playing the spring, kind of creating harmonics by deadening it in different places.
tIB
^ Lets face it tom, what ever you come up with project wise I want... I dont mind you juggling!

I shall have to try something similar with the harmonics. Think I might swap the tank on the ekdahl, if I want exposed springs I can just flip the tank... will experiment when I have time. But yeah, something very special to that spring sound... funnily enough I even liked the software one in the OP1.

Just in case you were wondering bugbrand beat the tardy plasterer: I made him sit in the chair staring at his work blair witch style whilst blasting out the bug jam on repeat... That would do anyones head it...

FxCam_1318451090736.jpg by sonofprent, on Flickr

He just dissappeared.
darenager
Lovely sense of ambience Tibster!

Gotta show these tradesmen how we roll - payback for the bumcrack hihi
dan_p
I got a day in the office so doing a bit of listening (and playing)

Nice one super tIB. That picture is very worrying though, I doubt the plasterer will be seen again, I dread to think what you did to the plumber.............

darenager wrote:
payback for the bumcrack hihi

cry Mr. Green cry Mr. Green
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Page 1 of 1