MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Palle pencil-field and 3 Bugbrand modules
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Author Palle pencil-field and 3 Bugbrand modules
indexofmetals
[s]http://soundcloud.com/richardquirk/bugbrand-pencil-field-3[/s]

Still learning to use the pencil-field controller with the Bugbrand. This my first result that was mildly musical. It is an extremely expressive device and will take some practise but I'm already certain it'll be worth it.The Bugbrand modules used were the new version of the Weevil, PT delay & output mixer.

Palle, you are the best thumbs up
KNYST
You almost scared me Richard. Great sounds SlayerBadger!

Very nice to hear the syn1 rev2 like this. What's your opinion on the differences between rev1 and 2?
otoskope
Great, Richard! Very clear and distinct sounds. Piercing. And yes, it is very expressive... Any videos coming?
/Palle
darenager
THAT sounds like a LOT of fun, look foreward to hearing more SlayerBadger!

So the pencil idea is used as a kind of resistive element?
otoskope
The pencil markings on the paper are used more like a dynamic 2D voltage divider, tapped at various movable points by coin-electrodes.
/Palle
dan_p
Nicely done Richard, very jealous of that pencil field. you tried it with the Buchla yet?

Palle, you are a crazy genius.
otoskope
dan_p wrote:
Palle, you are a crazy genius.


Not flying as high as you, though...
New Pencil Fields concert on Wednesday, in Gothenburg this time. Now with the E350 in the shallow concert frame! I managed to compress it slightly tonight...

/Palle
KNYST
Bumping my own question:
KNYST wrote:
Very nice to hear the syn1 rev2 like this. What's your opinion on the differences between rev1 and 2?
indexofmetals
Torbjorn, sorry for not responding earlier. Been locked away recording finishing parts & mixing 4 albums (my 2nd album, 1st album by The Fire-dwellers (collaboration with a mate in London), 1st album by Druidale (noisy guitar bugbrand album re Godspeed MBV ) and the Devil's Sea (all bugbrand and spoken voice from the Chasms drummer). and had a short holiday in Bristol plus got shown some hospitality with the Bugfather himself for a meal & drinks. Tom, do we look like Sunday night drug dealers?

The rev2 can be a lot more unstable. The recording used 3 pencil controllers (other than the ground, plus & minus ones) sent to c/v's for starve, vco 1 & 2. 1 & 2 outputs into mixer directly and also both througth the PT delay into 3rd mixer spot.

During the recording I was flicking the instability switch (in future revision it'd be great if this could be have a gate jack) while moving the pencil controllers. There's more variability in the sounds at lower starve levels on the new one. I haven't put rev1 & 2 in a case together but will try that.
darenager
I think rev 1 and rev 2 sound a little different too, the rev 1 sounds a bit heavier to me, almost like the pulse width is wider (nearer 50%) - anyone else think so?
indexofmetals
Rev 2 is definitely easier to fit in a mix so that makes sense. who's got an oscilloscope?
KNYST
indexofmetals wrote:
Torbjorn, sorry for not responding earlier. Been locked away recording finishing parts & mixing 4 albums (my 2nd album, 1st album by The Fire-dwellers (collaboration with a mate in London), 1st album by Druidale (noisy guitar bugbrand album re Godspeed MBV ) and the Devil's Sea (all bugbrand and spoken voice from the Chasms drummer). and had a short holiday in Bristol plus got shown some hospitality with the Bugfather himself for a meal & drinks. Tom, do we look like Sunday night drug dealers?

Busy but exciting times Richard!!
Quote:
The rev2 can be a lot more unstable. The recording used 3 pencil controllers (other than the ground, plus & minus ones) sent to c/v's for starve, vco 1 & 2. 1 & 2 outputs into mixer directly and also both througth the PT delay into 3rd mixer spot.

Interesting - thanks.
Quote:
I haven't put rev1 & 2 in a case together but will try that.

Please do, and press rec thumbs up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group