MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Ensoniq FIZMO - Dedicated Patch Thread
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Ensoniq FIZMO - Dedicated Patch Thread
Ted
Post (and discuss) your FIZMO patches here.
Ted

4 Parts, 7 Oscillators.
Ted
Ted
Just me
Some day I will get that POS SoundDiver to work. Until then, I'll drool over your patches.
worstofthewurst
Here's one I just finished

[s]http://soundcloud.com/worstofthewurst/fizout-1[/s]
dougcl
Awesome. I can't contribute though. No Fizmo :(
dude
the yoga singles and deep body workouts were really great!

no really

n
o
r
e
a
l
l
y

your sounds are awesome.
Ted
worstofthewurst: YES.
worstofthewurst
Thanks for the feedback! This thread should bear some discussion...

The clip I posted is exploring one patch I made. Part of the structure from the original preset remains, some of it was edited in Sounddiver (which I have had some decent luck with after months and months of headaching and belly aching), some of it was programmed from the front panel.

I started off with three of the parts active, then switched on the last part (the higher-pitched sine-y tones). Before the runthrough of this performance (if you can call it that) I played around with switching through some of the transwaves in the individual parts so I had an idea of which transwaves I wanted to change and activate throughout the set. So, as I was playing, I would navigate to an individual oscillator, pan it so I knew which one I was working with, turn the level down, change the transwave to one I wanted, then turned the level back up, pan it, etc. There's also some use of the F-I-Z-M-O knobs as well (naturally).

As far as playing goes, I just held down the sustain pedal, maxing out the polyphony to "subtract" notes, then added back/layered tones along the range of the keyboard.

What I really love about the Fizmo is that you can start playing one patch, twist a few knobs as you play, and end up with someone completely different before you know it - even if you have a plan of attack for the performance.
Ted
worstofthewurst: This is great.

I don't have a sustain pedal for mine. I have no idea why... Going to have to look for one now.

I just followed you on Twitter, too, BTW.
drewtoothpaste
Nice sounds y'all, i should have bought a fizmo back when they were $400.
mome rath
so....

who wants to share these as .sysex

Guinness ftw!
stikygum
I forget, does sounddiver offer full control over all the Fiz parameters? I know the code is all messed up and extremely cryptic and it seems almost impossible to decipher. So maybe the only option will ever exist is sounddiver.
dnigrin
SoundDiver not the only option now for full control of all of the Fizmo's parameters - I developed a new editor/librarian, called Fauxmo: https://defectiverecords.com/fauxmo
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1