MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ONEOHTRIX POINT NEVER
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author ONEOHTRIX POINT NEVER
spittingoutteeth
I've been on a big OPN kick lately since "Betrayed in the Octagon" was released on wax. I've also been spinning the Infinity Window release (Dan's other project) a lot.

Any other fans here? It took me a while to get attuned to some of the sounds, but now I'm really loving it.
Reese P. Dubin
Missed that vinyl, tho I can still listen to the tape.

OPN stuff is generally very good. It is interesting to hear the older stuff, and see how much it has matured at this point. Great polysynth action.
flippantminister
i have some mp3s of one of his older tapes, i forget the name. i know very little about his music, but i enjoy it.
goiks
thumbs up

also, gregg kowalsky(tape chants!), emeralds, raglani.
modulator_esp
I like Dan's stuff, discovered him by accident when Betrayed in the Octagon was re-released and bought it 'cos I liked the cover

Have managed to find a fair bit of his back catalogue and it's all interesting

Looking forward to his upcoming new releases too 8_)
goiks
new oopn lp out this week. zones without people, 500 copies.
modulator_esp
goiks wrote:
new oopn lp out this week. zones without people, 500 copies.

ordered it yesterday thumbs up
modulator_esp
any UK people going to see him in London on 18th March?
opsysbug
Playing NYC thursday night as well...

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11611
Reese P. Dubin
I like OPN, and I like Dan personally, BUT I think its time to retire the JUNO60 for awhile. I am trying to undo the way I have been working for the last couple years, and I can attest that it is hard as hell. I am sure we can both do it.
modulator_esp
last I heard he was after an Oberheim
premieklovn
Only heard "Russian Mind" I likez. Where can I find more?
goiks
he just put out a 2cd comp called rifts a couple of months ago.
modulator_esp
you can get stuff direct from him at www.pointnever.com

or mimaroglu music sales http://www.mimaroglumusicsales.com/artists/oneohtrix+point+never.html

the synth night cassette is nice
lootacow
So... Garden of Delete...
neinneinneinsharona
from his recent work, I enjoyed garden of delete more than r plus seven. rifts is my favourite body of work he has done. love that compilation.
hex
Good stuff.
DallasKnight
Does he work with modular synths?
lasesentaysiete
DallasKnight wrote:

possibly, but not in anything up to R plus 7. Don't know about after because I haven't followed him since then confused
wt.info
the trilian chapman stick on the most recent record is truly stomach-wrenching (though, to be clear, i certainly don't mean that in a bad way)
dubonaire
DallasKnight wrote:

Don't think he has on his albums up until now, but if he did he'd ironically dismiss their importance.
LVRM
"Youtube is basically an instrument now."
ShiitakeUfO
Saw OPN at Day For Night fest in Houston this last winter. One of the most intense shows I've seen so far within this vein of music. The whole experience was overwhelming as we were in a cramped warehouse.
Daisuk
I have to say I enjoy 'Garden of Delete' 25% slowed down a whole lot more than the original. lol

Homepage Englisch
I like Garden of Delete, although I think he overused arpegiators there.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2