MUFF WIGGLER
one billion tastes and tunes

FAQ & Terms Of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Information
Please join us at NAMM! MW will be hosting a booth and we would like to invite all manufacturers small and large to join us. We are delighted to support this scene and help provide booth space for anyone who wants to show off their gear and partake in the company of the best group of folks on earth. Please email [email protected] to discuss details. Hope to see you there!

MW Radio

Search for at
MUFF WIGGLER Advanced Search
Eventide going Native with their plug ins
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next [all]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Eventide going Native with their plug ins
ignatius
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:50 pm    Post subject: Eventide going Native with their plug ins Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

it's in this article

http://www.sonicscoop.com/2011/10/20/eventide-turns-40-and-turns-a-cor ner-as-well/

also some chatter at pre-AES interview things where they discuss the pro tools AAX format

"Up until now, obtaining the progressive and powerful suite of Eventide plug-in has carried a premium price tag. Tomorrow, Agnello and company are set to arrive at the 131st AES convention and announce that for the first time, every user can afford access to these uniquely flexible tools.

As of 2011, Eventide is going Native."

MuffShop Agent
Junk Rhythm
Big Bottom Shaker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Interesting.
ignatius
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i've wanted the anthology bundle as vst/au forever. even just the H3000 factory and the band delays would be killer.

MuffShop Agent
pulse_divider
triangletooth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

At this point my interest will depend on the pricing... The Valhalla plugins are as good or better in my opinion as any eventide I've heard/used
Junk Rhythm
Big Bottom Shaker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ignatius wrote:
i've wanted the anthology bundle as vst/au forever. even just the H3000 factory and the band delays would be killer.

I'm with you on that. I've had an Orville for about 6 years and in my opinion there is nothing that comes close the Eventide effects. I would love to have them easily inserted into a track.

ignatius
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

pulse_divider wrote:
At this point my interest will depend on the pricing... The Valhalla plugins are as good or better in my opinion as any eventide I've heard/used

i wasn't aware that the Valhalla stuff does the same types of processing? i know his reverb is outstanding but eventide is much more than just reverb.

as far as price goes.. the Anthology Bundle for TDM is 15 plug ins and sells for around $900.

TDM is always way more expensive than native... so, depending on what happens as far as the release schedule goes.. and if there will even be a direct translation from TDM to native versions.. well, the prices could be very very reasonable.. or they could release a few plugs over the coming months then a few more.. etc and then make them available in a bundle at a reduced price which would kind of suck for anyone who buys them one at a time...

i'm hopeful the H3000 factory and band delays will make their way bit for bit into native land.

if you aren't aware of those plugs.. hop on over to the eventide site and watch the video of the h3000 factory. gives you some idea of what it's 18 modules can do.

click on the 'media' tab and watch the demo video

http://eventide.com/AudioDivision/Products/PlugIns/H3000%20Factory.asp x

MuffShop Agent
CalvaryBand
Veteran Wiggler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Such good news. I cannot wait.
Veqtor
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

RTAS is the console of the plugins. There's no performance gain in the hardware, it is just a really bulky dongle and now that they've given in to peer pressure and made pt native, realized their mistake and drafted the new aax specification devs are getting cold feet.

This is good, I hate pt and more specifically I despise how they're most likely bribing plugin manufacturers to develop plugins only for the RTAS format. This is just a way of selling their expensive hardware.

It's like xbox, a "magical" machine which is in fact just a dongle which forces users to pay monthly subscriptions to play multiplayer games.

I like this news a lot, I hope they realize that the uniqueness of the H3000 factory probably has a quite wide appeal in the native market. If I were them I would make it priority number one and band delays prio 2.

ignatius
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Veqtor wrote:
RTAS is the console of the plugins. There's no performance gain in the hardware, it is just a really bulky dongle and now that they've given in to peer pressure and made pt native, realized their mistake and drafted the new aax specification devs are getting cold feet.

This is good, I hate pt and more specifically I despise how they're most likely bribing plugin manufacturers to develop plugins only for the RTAS format. This is just a way of selling their expensive hardware.

It's like xbox, a "magical" machine which is in fact just a dongle which forces users to pay monthly subscriptions to play multiplayer games.

I like this news a lot, I hope they realize that the uniqueness of the H3000 factory probably has a quite wide appeal in the native market. If I were them I would make it priority number one and band delays prio 2.

not sure if you've kept up on the recent pro tools update info.. but RTAS is going away and will not be supported in Pro tools 11 whenever that comes out. pro tools 10 is the grace period for developers to get from RTAS/TDM to AAX which is their format for the future and is Native and for DSP accelerators. so, while for now developers will have to recode everything for AAX.. they will be able to drop RTAS at some point. AAX is 64 bit ready package and RTAS is not.

i agree that making the H3000factory/band delays the #1 priority to get into native format is a good idea but i think they are starting with the 2016 reverb (yawn).. not that it isn't cool but c'mon.. seems obvious what people want from eventide.

MuffShop Agent
Babaluma

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought there was already a native version of the 2016 reverb, no?

i think this could be cool, again, depending on pricing! i've always wanted to get the "rainbow dome musick" style effects (that's a really old eventide i believe).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next [all]
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: