MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

I Believe In Bugs (old studio recording)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Author I Believe In Bugs (old studio recording)
BugBrand
[s]http://soundcloud.com/bugbrand/i-believe-in-bugs[/s]

I just uncovered this...
This was the last 'proper recording' I ever did before getting totally distracted by electronic shenanigans..
Knowledge of Bugs was my recording name back then.

A cover of an Ivor Cutler track -- oh, he had the most wonderful voice and humour.
polyroy
This is fantastic! Good work Mr Bugs! Love the contrast of the synth stuff with the guitar/vocals, was this a Bugbrand system or something else?
dan_p
Tom, that was amazing.

I can't (actually I can) believe your an Ivor Cutler fan. I love him. The guy was an admittedly quite bonkers genius. in all the craziness he always had some beautiful little tunes. I had a mate on the same label (creation) as him that got me hooked years ago.

Tom Bugs and his dirty knees.......
polyroy
Also, went to listen to the original as a comparison and this was the first video, made in place of your performance apparently despite their being footage of it at the end.

BugBrand
Cheers!

I don't think there's any BugModular in there though there may be some of my early PT Delay experiments. The main drone is, I'm pretty sure, Mono/Poly.

Yeah, Ivor Cutler fan for long-time. His voice was heaven.
I'd forgotten 'til playing this track to a mate today that I'd leant him my IC-trio LUDO album -- recorded by George Martin, it is superbly recorded with sparse percussion and lovely double bass. Damn, need to get that returned!

Yeah, that YouTube vid was for a tribute night at the Cube -- Dave who made it had recorded a performance before and chopped the video as I couldn't make it to the actual tribute night.
KNYST
I believe in Bugs too! (the man, the myth, the machines) we're not worthy BugBrand!

And a highly enjoyable cover. Beautiful.
darenager
KNYST wrote:
I believe in Bugs too! (the man, the myth, the machines) we're not worthy BugBrand!

And a highly enjoyable cover. Beautiful.

This w00t
tIB
love! stunning.
numan7
applause cool!

i hadn't heard of Ivor Cutler before - amongst what i grew up listening to, this song vaguely reminds of...

and

but is more cheerful (even than giles, giles and fripp hihi )!

cheers,
7n7
BugBrand
Ooh, that Giles, Giles & Fripp looks like it'd be very good! Fripp-fan here.. And they have lovely smiles.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Page 1 of 1