MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New Panel Ideas
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Author New Panel Ideas
Dragonslair
I've been working on some new ways of making panels for my modules, and found this, http://www.horizonsisg.com/products/alumajet.asp
I ordered their sample pack, to see which ones would work the best. I found that the .005 Satin White worked the best, I like the look of the Satin Silver, but found the text hard to read on the frac sized panels.
It is quite simple to use, just draw your panel design in your favorite program, then print it on the aluminum sheet, then peel off the backing and stick it to your panel, the only caveat is that you need a printer with a straight through feed path, I use a HP Office Jet Pro K8600, and it works perfectly.
Here is a test panel I did this morning (it's raining today, so I couldn't do anything outside) I think I will omit the black borders, and cut them a bit larger than the panel, then trim them with an xacto knife after they have been applied to the panel.

I also have a bench mounted punch on order, so I can line up the holes better, I was looking at a nice turret punch, but it is a bit more than I can afford right now.
Dragonslair
...... and I'm going bananas with this one, I haven't decided on a color scheme yet, still doing some research on that.
scozbor
i think i might order a trial pack!
Thanks w00t
parasitk
Nice. Another banana Frac too. I really think bananas might be the future for the Frac format.
wetterberg
Is that a divider or a sequencer? I'm jonesing for a big mother of a div, like the CGS Pulse Divider... yum.
Dragonslair
I finally got a chance to work on my new synth panels, I decided to make these as a single panel for each rack.
There is a third panel, but I need another rack to mount it to, plus I ran out of banana jacks. All the prototype circuit boards are made, I still have to populate them, and wire them up to the panels, but right now I have other things to do that have a higher priority (like making a living) but I hope to have the system finished by Christmas, and maybe by then we will have high speed internet here, so I can post some sound samples seriously, i just don't get it
panda30y
Lotsa Love Hug Purty!
I like the yellow bananas and the overall color scheme. Very nice. applause
Roycie Roller
Dragonslair wrote:
I finally got a chance to work on my new synth panels, I decided to make these as a single panel for each rack.
There is a third panel, but I need another rack to mount it to, plus I ran out of banana jacks. All the prototype circuit boards are made, I still have to populate them, and wire them up to the panels, but right now I have other things to do that have a higher priority (like making a living) but I hope to have the system finished by Christmas, and maybe by then we will have high speed internet here, so I can post some sound samples seriously, i just don't get it

These look absolutely fantastic! It's a really elegant style. I wasn't as sold on the black versions but these ones look similar to modcan B with bananas. It looks like you've got some interesting modules there- i'm looking forwards to seeing them in detail.
Are you going to be selling modules? I think frac users will be happy if so! SlayerBadger!
BugBrand
YES!
SUPER!
GREAT!
LOVELY!

(please post a larger pic too so we can see betterer!)
Dragonslair
Sorry tom, I scaled the picture to the maximum size allowed, but the detail wasn't much better, so I just left it.
Here is a listing of the modules.
Panel-1
Inverter/Glide
Oscillator 1 (based on Electronotes #EN75)
Oscillator 2 (based on Electronotes #EN75)
Oscillator 3 (Based on the XR2206)
LFO-1
LFO-2
Ring modulator

Panel-2
Low Pass gate
Transistor Ladder Filter
Gate Divider
Envelope Generator
Envelope Generator
VCA
VCA
Power Switch and fuse

Panel-3 (not pictured)
Precision Attenuator/Multiples
Dual Signal Processors
Tuneable Noise (formerly Liquid Hi Hat)
Voltage Controlled Clock
4 Channel Mixer
Dual Gate Delays
Noise/Sample & Hold

If there is any interest, I may build a few, but only as complete units. The circuits are all on separate pcb's, so I may look into building individual modules at a later date, right now I just need to get the pcb's stuffed and tested before I send out to have any more made.
Luka
how do you print white?
or is it off-grey

looks good
similar process to how neandrewthal does his panels
Dragonslair
You don't print the white, the aluminum sheets come with a satin white finish on them, you just print the black (or any color you want).
Luka
ahh
oh rite the top picture has the real alu panel behind it
should have picked that
Roycie Roller
Gawd, i can imagine these modules mixed with Bugbrand, metalbox, Blacet & DIY would be a magnificent instrument!

Edit- i think if you did offer these as individual modules, they'd sell. As far as i know, there are plenty of frac users out there...And only one oscillator on the market, other than Bugbrand's! (blacet's).
DGTom
I agree with Roycie, def. loads of room in the frac-o-sphere for more VCOs grin

I re-read the old Gate Divider thread & I would LOVE one of those! I'm still sad I didn't have any spare cash when you were selling the Liquid Hi-Hats waah
consumed
these look great!
Dragonslair
Once I get the prototype circuit boards populated and tested, I'll look at building some separate modules.
I am also starting the designs for a fourth panel of modules, including a resonant state variable filter, a through zero oscillator and an 8 channel sequencer, I actually have the prototype for the sequencer built, I just have to write the program for the pic and test it out.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Page 1 of 1