MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Alternative to BC549 NPN transistor
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author Alternative to BC549 NPN transistor
Skunk
Hi

Can anyone tell me if there is an alternative to the BC549 NPN transistor. It seems to be a discontinued item now.

Many thanks
andrewF
BC548, BC550 are very close

Welcome to Muffs
w00t
Skunk
Fantastsic thanks
ringstone
Discontinued? Eh? Lemme see... 12,963 in stock at Mouser (not counting other suffix variants). Think they might still be available for a while lol

Blair
Skunk
Thanks Ringstone,

I tired Farnells, Rapid and RS in the Uk and none of them had any in stock, and Farnells had them listed as discontinued. I forgot to check Mouser
Synthbuilder
BC549B Farnell pt no: 1467879 7p each at the moment.

But Fairchild, the main maker of the BC549, are rationalising all their BC5XX stock at the moment. The replacement part for the BC549 will be the BC550C but Farnell seem only to carry the B type at the moment.

BC550B pt. no: 1467880

BC550 and BC549 are identical except the 550 has a higher (ie. better) maximum Vce rating. For the most part A, B and C types can be used interchangeably in Oakley designs except where stated.

Likewise the BC560C will be replacing the BC559.

Tony
Skunk
Thanks Tony
satindas
Great cross reference here http://alltransistors.com/
Just search for the tranny you're after, scroll down a bit and hit "Equivalent transistors".
kecked
you pay postage and I'll send you a handful.
consumed
Synthbuilder wrote:
BC549B Farnell pt no: 1467879 7p each at the moment.

But Fairchild, the main maker of the BC549, are rationalising all their BC5XX stock at the moment. The replacement part for the BC549 will be the BC550C but Farnell seem only to carry the B type at the moment.

BC550B pt. no: 1467880

BC550 and BC549 are identical except the 550 has a higher (ie. better) maximum Vce rating. For the most part A, B and C types can be used interchangeably in Oakley designs except where stated.

Likewise the BC560C will be replacing the BC559.

Tony

thanks tony, this info was exactly what i was looking for today - BC549 and BC550C equivalence.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1